Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence will light it up

I have a feeling Lawrence will light it up next week. I'm not sure who we are playing but I have a gut feeling (anyone who read my Buffalo prediction knows it's either God telling me or the burritos, I feel it's God, so I'm writing it down, hopefully it's right).

To be fair, I'm not sure who we are playing or what "light it up" really means (seems rather subjective) but I guess it's have the best game of this season (this will be his best game all year, is the feeling)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2021, 02:13 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: I have a feeling Lawrence will light it up next week. I'm not sure who we are playing but I have a gut feeling (anyone who read my Buffalo prediction knows it's either God telling me or the burritos, I feel it's God, so I'm writing it down, hopefully it's right).

To be fair, I'm not sure who we are playing or what "light it up" really means (seems rather subjective) but I guess it's have the best game of this season (this will be his best game all year, is the feeling)

We play the 49ers next weekend in Jacksonville.

They lead the series 3-2, with our last win against them coming in 2005 (10-9 score). We've lost the last 3 straight against them. Lost 3-20 in 2009, 10-42 in 2013 and 33-44 in 2017.

George Kittle with 10,000 FF points upcoming. The cool thing is Kittle gets to meet the 3rd best TE in the league who happens to be coming for his #2 spot.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:19 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hope you are right. That blocked punt killed the entire game yesterday. Jags had a good chance to win as you all know. Tlaw needs to start hitting the wrs and they need to catch.

(11-15-2021, 08:52 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Hope you are right. That blocked up killed the entire game yesterday. Jags had a good chance to win as you all know. Tlaw needs to start hitting the wrs and they need to catch.

You can't hit a WR who isn't open or understands how to be thrown open without making a horrible throw.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 09:38 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 02:13 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: I have a feeling Lawrence will light it up next week. I'm not sure who we are playing but I have a gut feeling (anyone who read my Buffalo prediction knows it's either God telling me or the burritos, I feel it's God, so I'm writing it down, hopefully it's right).

Trevor has averaged 140 passing yards and 0 TDs over the past 2 weeks.  If we consider throwing for 200 yards and 1 TD as lighting it up, then I too agree that he'll light it up next week.

(11-15-2021, 02:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

We play the 49ers next weekend in Jacksonville.

They lead the series 3-2, with our last win against them coming in 2005 (10-9 score). We've lost the last 3 straight against them. Lost 3-20 in 2009, 10-42 in 2013 and 33-44 in 2017.

I didn't predict a win :-P

I think the niners have allowed the fewest passing yards in the league this year and rank 12th in points allowed, so...

Probably need to focus on running Robinson and taking a few play action shots this week.

I dont understand why the passing game was so bad. The colts were #23 against the pass. Jags offense is trash right now. I hate to say it. Come on tlaw. Get it going

Vic says:

Adrian from Inglewood, CA
He has a decent run game and a functional offensive line. Why is Trevor struggling?

He's being overly protected by his coach. His halftime stats were anemic. It's as though Urban Meyer is afraid for Lawrence to fail. Vic to Coach Meyer: He's going to fail. Let it happen. That's how a young quarterback grows.

(11-15-2021, 11:21 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I dont understand why the passing game was so bad. The colts were #23 against the pass. Jags offense is trash right now. I hate to say it. Come on tlaw. Get it going
It's things people have been saying since the beginning.

Trevor is going to have bad games and bad throws because he's a rookie. However, with good coaching, you would be able to see more flashes and right now, the Jags may be the worst coached team in the NFL. Look at the number of penalties. The lack of gameplans each and every week. Zero creativity on offense. A lack of playmakers mixed with an average to below average line. 

The defense is playing well, so thats a positive, but the offense has zero identity.

If our defense keeps up the great play and James Robinson goes back to his normal self. We won't need to rely on Trevor as much to win. I think we have a good change to comeback and win this game at the bank. Also, I don't know who our WR coach is but all I can say is that I miss Keennan MCardell.

(11-15-2021, 11:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic says:

He has a decent run game and a functional offensive line. Why is Trevor struggling?

He's being overly protected by his coach. His halftime stats were anemic. It's as though Urban Meyer is afraid for Lawrence to fail. Vic to Coach Meyer: He's going to fail. Let it happen. That's how a young quarterback grows.

Vic is clearly looking at stats and not watching 

That is total horse [BLEEP] 

Lawrence is looking deep constantly and rarely getting pass plays designed to finish near the sticks. 
He's not being protected - he's being thrown to the wolves

(11-15-2021, 11:54 AM)Jagsman Wrote: If our defense keeps up the great play and James Robinson goes back to his normal self. We won't need to rely on Trevor as much to win. I think we have a good change to comeback and win this game at the bank. Also, I don't know who our WR coach is but all I can say is that I miss Keennan MCardell.

yep!

The D is keeping the games close, but we have to do more than 1-2-3-kick on offense or they will collapse from exhaustion.

So true on the WR coach. Seemed like we were getting more production out of the average receivers the past few years, and that was with career backups under center.

(11-15-2021, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic says:

Vic is clearly looking at stats and not watching 

Lawrence is looking deep constantly and rarely getting pass plays designed to finish near the sticks. 

are they running routes that can get 4-6 yards on a play, and are those guys getting open, tho?

I think this is more a problem of scheme.

no way. 49ers defense just pretty much shut down rams last night. Rams have a lot of good go to WR jags don't.  With that 49ers Defense it might be Trevor lights up things with  serveal pick 6s

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The 9ers D might score more than our O

(11-16-2021, 09:40 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Vic is clearly looking at stats and not watching 

are they running routes that can get 4-6 yards on a play, and are those guys getting open, tho?

I think this is more a problem of scheme.

Scheme plays a role -  but, yes, they have run routes that get receivers open shy of the sticks. Some of them are rub routes (though very few) and then there have been some quick slants and short crossers.  Also some TE leaks to the seam. I'ver seen completions on all of them but not enough are being called. 

The receivers aren't getting open any less on those routes than they are running intermediate and deep. But the receivers aren't getting open consistently anywhere. 

Given these choices, I believe the choice is simple:

-  Ask Trevor to look deep 20 times per game - receivers aren't open - he gets his clock cleaned by pressure too many times
-  Ask Trevor to take short drops and hit short gains quickly - receivers aren't open - he throws incomplete or out of bounds

Agreed 

202 yards passing 1 Td
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 03:10 PM by Doc Holliday904. Edited 1 time in total.)

Doubt it. We simply do not have the playmakers yet for him to have a above average day