Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence will light it up

(11-15-2021, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic says:

Adrian from Inglewood, CA
He has a decent run game and a functional offensive line. Why is Trevor struggling?

He's being overly protected by his coach. His halftime stats were anemic. It's as though Urban Meyer is afraid for Lawrence to fail. Vic to Coach Meyer: He's going to fail. Let it happen. That's how a young quarterback grows.

Vic is clearly looking at stats and not watching 

That is total horse [BLEEP] 

Lawrence is looking deep constantly and rarely getting pass plays designed to finish near the sticks. 
He's not being protected - he's being thrown to the wolves

Vic is about the only pundit I'll defend Urban from. He hates Urban, so he'll take shots at every opportunity. He really should be jabbing at Bevell.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 05:03 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Need some slants. It's one of the deadliest routes in football. Even slow wr can utilize this route.

(11-17-2021, 03:48 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Vic is clearly looking at stats and not watching 

That is total horse [BLEEP] 

Lawrence is looking deep constantly and rarely getting pass plays designed to finish near the sticks. 
He's not being protected - he's being thrown to the wolves

Vic is about the only pundit I'll defend Urban from. He hates Urban, so he'll take shots at every opportunity. He really should be jabbing at Bevell.

Coach's job is to set the plans in motion. If Bevell is calling too conservatively, Urbz should be on his heiney to open up the playbook.
Of course, the other side of the coin may also be true - Bevell may be getting handcuffed by Urbz, if Urbz is asking for the deep routes instead of the low/intermediate stuff that may not make Sportscenter highlights, but get the chains moving.

I don't think you can put the blame entirely on one or the other. They are both accountable for how poorly or how well we perform.

OK whos frying my crow?

(11-18-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 03:48 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Vic is about the only pundit I'll defend Urban from. He hates Urban, so he'll take shots at every opportunity. He really should be jabbing at Bevell.

Coach's job is to set the plans in motion. If Bevell is calling too conservatively, Urbz should be on his heiney to open up the playbook.
Of course, the other side of the coin may also be true - Bevell may be getting handcuffed by Urbz, if Urbz is asking for the deep routes instead of the low/intermediate stuff that may not make Sportscenter highlights, but get the chains moving.

I don't think you can put the blame entirely on one or the other. They are both accountable for how poorly or how well we perform.

If this article is to be trusted then Meyer seems to want to go to the Clemson playbook. On the other hand he's the HC so why wait? It's also interesting that it's the RB and WR coaches that Meyer apparently is complaining about. I don't know if I've read that anywhere before. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...offseason/

(11-21-2021, 03:40 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: OK whos frying my crow?
LOL

He will light it up.

A'int gonna happen this year, though. He's stuck in a perfect storm of suck. Coaching, gameplan, play calls, receiving talent, poor protection, and now an injured RB that was his only help.

(11-15-2021, 02:13 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: I have a feeling Lawrence will light it up next week. I'm not sure who we are playing but I have a gut feeling (anyone who read my Buffalo prediction knows it's either God telling me or the burritos, I feel it's God, so I'm writing it down, hopefully it's right).

To be fair, I'm not sure who we are playing or what "light it up" really means (seems rather subjective) but I guess it's have the best game of this season (this will be his best game all year, is the feeling)

It was the burritos

(11-21-2021, 05:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:13 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: I have a feeling Lawrence will light it up next week. I'm not sure who we are playing but I have a gut feeling (anyone who read my Buffalo prediction knows it's either God telling me or the burritos, I feel it's God, so I'm writing it down, hopefully it's right).

To be fair, I'm not sure who we are playing or what "light it up" really means (seems rather subjective) but I guess it's have the best game of this season (this will be his best game all year, is the feeling)

It was the burritos

Apparently

I think it was consitpation
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

This year, he’s probably lighting up a Christmas tree. Maybe hanging some exterior lights. An inflatable or two.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 01:02 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-21-2021, 03:46 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: Coach's job is to set the plans in motion. If Bevell is calling too conservatively, Urbz should be on his heiney to open up the playbook.

If this article is to be trusted then Meyer seems to want to go to the Clemson playbook. On the other hand he's the HC so why wait? It's also interesting that it's the RB and WR coaches that Meyer apparently is complaining about. I don't know if I've read that anywhere before. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...offseason/

I also find it interesting because those are two of the three positional coaches where I stated in the off-season that I would have kept the coach from the prior regime.  (The other was the special teams coordinator.  Can we say "blocked punt" or the delay of game for not having a punter on the field for a punt?)

Turns out Jobu can't help with curveballs or Jags starting QB's

(11-22-2021, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Turns out Jobu can't help with curveballs or Jags starting QB's
It's because WE GOT NO MARBLES