Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Schottenhiemer

It's time for Urban to hand the play calling to Schotty.  He has a lot of experience as an OC, dad's legend and he's been around play his whole life.  It's time for a change and have more of faith in Brian

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is it going to be better than bevel? I say try anything at this point. This offense is in disarray

Pretty amazing that everyone knows the best was to counter a great pass rush (which Indy and the Bills both have) is to run screens and misdirection plays, neither of which the Jags have really done the past 2 weeks to any level of significance.

Bevel Sucks !!! Gotta fire his [BLEEP] after this season.

(11-15-2021, 09:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Pretty amazing that everyone knows the best was to counter a great pass rush (which Indy and the Bills both have) is to run screens and misdirection plays, neither of which the Jags have really done the past 2 weeks to any level of significance.

Bevel Sucks !!!  Gotta fire his [BLEEP] after this season.

Although it might be different now with a few different players in place on the line, the issue with screens for this team the past few years has been that the lineman aren't fast enough to execute them. I think with Taylor specifically and Robinson less so that the tackles are just too slow to get out to the second level or to block in space.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Look the offensive line was just fine it is the injuries that are the issue. Move along

Look Trevor is a rookie we can't install the full playbook with the rookie.

These are the right coaches to make sure the team stays right where it is in nowhere land. Just be glad we aren't the Lions. Be happy they doubled last year's win total and upset the Bills.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It would be nice to get linder back. I'm guessing batch is playing decent since I havent heard much about him

I would love Schottenhiemer to call plays. Correct me if I am wrong but he was the genius behind the play call "slide" that won us our first game versus the Dolphins. Also, Urban and Dan Bevell are fools for running it with Hyde on 4th down (second time this season and has failed both times). Urban has a lot of bias towards Ohio State products. That would also explain why Luke Farrell sees the field much more than he should.

(11-15-2021, 11:50 AM)Jagsman Wrote: I would love Schottenhiemer to call plays. Correct me if I am wrong but he was the genius behind the play call "slide" that won us our first game versus the Dolphins. Also, Urban and Dan Bevell are fools for running it with Hyde on 4th down (second time this season and has failed both times). Urban has a lot of bias towards Ohio State products. That would also explain why Luke Farrell sees the field much more than he should.

Based on what we see out of Manhertz I'm less inclined to criticize the use of Farrell. I'll still criticize both the signing and the draft pick though because they are both less than average.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-15-2021, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:50 AM)Jagsman Wrote: I would love Schottenhiemer to call plays. Correct me if I am wrong but he was the genius behind the play call "slide" that won us our first game versus the Dolphins. Also, Urban and Dan Bevell are fools for running it with Hyde on 4th down (second time this season and has failed both times). Urban has a lot of bias towards Ohio State products. That would also explain why Luke Farrell sees the field much more than he should.

Based on what we see out of Manhertz I'm less inclined to criticize the use of Farrell. I'll still criticize both the signing and the draft pick though because they are both less than average.

Manhertz was a disgrace last game. Where has James O'Shaugnessy been?

(11-15-2021, 12:13 PM)Jagsman Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Based on what we see out of Manhertz I'm less inclined to criticize the use of Farrell. I'll still criticize both the signing and the draft pick though because they are both less than average.

Manhertz was a disgrace last game. Where has James O'Shaugnessy been?

He's on IR with a leg injury.

Urban is calling Offensive plays?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-15-2021, 09:53 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Look the offensive line was just fine it is the injuries that are the issue. Move along

These are the right coaches to make sure the team stays right where it is in nowhere land. Just be glad we aren't the Lions. Be happy they doubled last year's win total and upset the Bills.

Trust the Process   We just need to go into the Free Agency period next year and focus on protecting our players.  Landing Manhertz on day 1 and stealing Farrell in the 5th round pretty much secures the TE position for the next 15 years.  I'm sure our WRs will get faster as well.  I mean remember how slow Jimmy Smith was in his first few years in Jacksonville.

(11-15-2021, 01:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: Urban is calling Offensive plays?

Bevell is

(11-15-2021, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:53 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Look the offensive line was just fine it is the injuries that are the issue. Move along

Trust the Process   We just need to go into the Free Agency period next year and focus on protecting our players.  Landing Manhertz on day 1 and stealing Farrell in the 5th round pretty much secures the TE position for the next 15 years.  I'm sure our WRs will get faster as well.  I mean remember how slow Jimmy Smith was in his first few years in Jacksonville.

I agree. In Baalke we trust should be our new mantra. They brilliantly eschewed traditional talent acquisition to bolster weakness by bold new concepts and look at the cost savings. We have more cap then we can ever spend even to the minimum. If he doesn't get executive of the year I will be speechless.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-15-2021, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: Urban is calling Offensive plays?

Bevell is

True, but Urban hired Bevell.  Urban is also the one deciding not to fire Bevell.  Urban, as head coach, also has the authority to be as involved as he wants in developing the game plan and can over-rule Bevell if he wants.  Bevell may be calling the plays, but that doesn't remove Urban from responsibility.

Help is not on the way

(11-15-2021, 02:28 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bevell is

True, but Urban hired Bevell.  Urban is also the one deciding not to fire Bevell.  Urban, as head coach, also has the authority to be as involved as he wants in developing the game plan and can over-rule Bevell if he wants.  Bevell may be calling the plays, but that doesn't remove Urban from responsibility.

Yes, that's why in the OP I said Urban needs to hand the play calling to Shotty

I think we need a QB coach who’s known for actually developing qb’s.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 05:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thank you
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3291...ttenheimer

The Seahawks are missing Schotty right now

(12-20-2021, 05:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thank you
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3291...ttenheimer

The Seahawks are missing Schotty right now

I don't know if it will work, but it's about time somebody new started calling plays.