Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Schottenhiemer

This has been one hell of a season. Has any team took it on the chin like we have this season? I feel like the butt of all jokes. Schottenhiemer can't be any worse? Right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like the new head coach fired the offensive coordinator.

Bevell stands in front of mirror:

“You’re fired!”
“I’ve always wanted to do that.”

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 06:55 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-20-2021, 06:38 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Looks like the new head coach fired the offensive coordinator.

That’s sad considering who they both are/is/was or whatever I’m trying to say.  

Wouldn’t it be some [BLEEP] if with Shotty, Cullen and HC bevell we blow out the remaiming schedule and aside from being a dick, Meyer was on the right track?   Still don’t trust Baalke though.  If that’s the case, can we name Bevell as the interim HC for 2022?  That way we can relieve him of his dilutes at any time?

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 08:40 AM by Jag88.)

(12-20-2021, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 06:38 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Looks like the new head coach fired the offensive coordinator.

That’s sad considering who they both are/is/was or whatever I’m trying to say.  

Wouldn’t it be some [BLEEP] if with Shotty, Cullen and HC bevell we blow out the remaiming schedule and aside from being a dick, Meyer was on the right track?   Still don’t trust Baalke though.  If that’s the case, can we name Bevell as the interim HC for 2022?  That way we can relieve him of his dilutes at any time?

Urban could have very well been on the right track but apparently hes the world's worst enemy. Oh well. Too late to be concerned now. I just hope us jags fans get the offense we have always dreamed of.

(12-21-2021, 08:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s sad considering who they both are/is/was or whatever I’m trying to say.  

Urban could have very well been on the right track but apparently hes the world's worst enemy. Oh well. Too late to be concerned now. I just hope us jags fans get the offense we have always dreamed of.

Are you kidding with this nonsense?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Changing the play caller isn't going to fix anything. We are still stuck with scrubs at WR and TE and a line that is too inconsistent.

(12-21-2021, 09:14 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Changing the play caller isn't going to fix anything. We are still stuck with scrubs at WR and TE and a line that is too inconsistent.

I guess we will have to wait and see.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 10:16 AM by Mikey.)

I saw it more as he learned from the guy before him. HC's job is not to get his fingers in the playbook. He's got to put time in with D and ST as well now, so let Schotty have a chance at handling the playcalls.

But that's not as funny.

(12-20-2021, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s sad considering who they both are/is/was or whatever I’m trying to say.  

not the world's worst enemy. Just the Jaguarses'.

How are you still defending him?!

This is crazy

(12-21-2021, 09:14 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Changing the play caller isn't going to fix anything. We are still stuck with scrubs at WR and TE and a line that is too inconsistent.
Bevell just wants to show other teams it wasn't his play calling. He is trying to get another job in the NFL

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-21-2021, 11:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
Bevell just wants to show other teams it wasn't his play calling. He is trying to get another job in the NFL

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Every coach and assistant on that staff is working towards results to land a job with another team by next season. They see the writing on the wall.

Brian Shcottenheimer plays the air coryell offense much like the seahawks played from 2018-2019..

(12-21-2021, 05:49 PM)chris hill Wrote: Brian Shcottenheimer plays the air coryell offense much like the seahawks played from 2018-2019..

Did he always adhere to that, like when he was head coach of the Jets?

That's quite a departure from Marty-ball. I guess he wanted to be his own man.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 02:32 AM by chris hill. Edited 3 times in total.)

urban played a shotgun to run spread offense Schottenheimer plays a vertical offense.. A vertical offense forces the defense to cover the whole entire field big difference from urbans power run game and shotgun offense play calling.. expect Shenault, Jones, Austin and TE O Shaugnessy to attack the field more thesenext 3 games then they did the last 15 games..

(12-22-2021, 02:08 AM)chris hill Wrote: urban played a shotgun to run spread offense Schottenheimer plays a vertical offense.. A vertical offense forces the defense to cover the whole entire field big difference from urbans power run game and shotgun offense play calling.. expect Shenault, Jones, Austin and TE O Shaugnessy to attack the field more thesenext 3 games then they did the last 15 games..

That sounds exciting if it happens. I get crap around here for defending urban, but I just give my opinion. Everyone has their opinions. I never take this personal and neither should any of you. We are all here for moeslty the same reasons. I was taught to judge people on their good and bad over all. I will say coach myer made some mistakes. He should have adjusted quicker. He stuck with bevel. Huge mistake. I'm guessing meyer thought he had plenty of time to make adjustments in the offseason. Anyways, this team needs a great play caller. It will be interesting seeing what might be a different approach from shotty.

(12-22-2021, 02:08 AM)chris hill Wrote: urban played a shotgun to run spread offense Schottenheimer plays a vertical offense.. A vertical offense forces the defense to cover the whole entire field big difference from urbans power run game and shotgun offense play calling.. expect Shenault, Jones, Austin and TE O Shaugnessy to attack the field more thesenext 3 games then they did the last 15 games..

This roster doesn’t have the receivers or the protection to attack downfield no matter who calls plays

(12-21-2021, 10:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 08:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Urban could have very well been on the right track but apparently hes the world's worst enemy. Oh well. Too late to be concerned now. I just hope us jags fans get the offense we have always dreamed of.
How are you still defending him?!

This is crazy

Why do you ask a question if you're going to answer it yourself? Big Grin

(12-22-2021, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

This roster doesn’t have the receivers or the protection to attack downfield no matter who calls plays

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I know UM wasn't calling plays, but he had his scheme he was attempting to run. Which bring up the other another issue I see, being that this will be the third scheme this team will be attempting to implement in a month. Not great for any QB let alone a rookie.

The only thing i see that we have going for us is the jets have no idea what plays we will be calling(flip side of that being we also don't really know what plays we are going to be calling.)

(12-22-2021, 09:45 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This roster doesn’t have the receivers or the protection to attack downfield no matter who calls plays

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I know UM wasn't calling plays, but he had his scheme he was attempting to run. Which bring up the other another issue I see, being that this will be the third scheme this team will be attempting to implement in a month. Not great for any QB let alone a rookie.

The only thing i see that we have going for us is the jets have no idea what plays we will be calling(flip side of that being we also don't really know what plays we are going to be calling.)

I don't think there will any change that significant. 
They'll still have the same scheme, same playbook, just a different guy calling plays. 
Maybe they have time to install a half dozen variations on plays and sets already installed, but they can't just change the whole scheme this late in the season with a depleted roster and reset in staff titles/duties.