Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars waive WR Tyron Johnson.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 03:55 PM by chris hill. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/11...n-johnson/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But but just have him run fast

With Johnson gone, the Jags will get a speedy 4.32 WR expierenced. Johnson relase makes an oppurtinty for WR John Brown. Who was added to the PS last week will be active against SF this Sunday..

Time for Brown to play indeed. We have to try something different

Next man up.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Welp that was a waste of time. Guess he couldnt learn a playbook, block, or catch. Smh.

You can have all the physical talent in the world, but if the mental part isn't there, you're not gonna go far.

Can't learn a route tree/run accurate routes according to all reports.

If you can’t learn the plays then you gotta go.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Couldn't they have at least thrown a screen pass to him? Oh well. Someone better start catching the ball and getting open

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 09:34 AM by Mikey.)

oh noes!!!

there goes our championship.

Guess we oughta start working on our mock draft portfolios.

(11-17-2021, 01:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Couldn't they have at least thrown a screen pass to him? Oh well. Someone better start catching the ball and getting open

did he ever get off the PS? If not, the answer is a resounding no, otherwise it would have just resulted in yet another boneheaded penalty that no other team would commit.

Feel bad for all of those that bought the custom Tyron Johnson Jags Jersey. I'm sure the opposing Defensive Coordinators are glad to see him gone -- not sure how to game plan against the Trever to Tyron connection. I guess you just let Tyron get his yards and hope to shut down the rest of the team.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 10:21 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-17-2021, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: oh noes!!!

there goes our championship.

Guess we oughta start working on our mock draft portfolios.

(11-17-2021, 01:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Couldn't they have at least thrown a screen pass to him? Oh well. Someone better start catching the ball and getting open

did he ever get off the PS? If not, the answer is a resounding no, otherwise it would have just resulted in yet another boneheaded penalty that no other team would commit.

Was he ever on the PS?  I thought he was on the 53 man roster for the entire regular season.

It's OK guys.
I've been assured John Brown still has 4.3 speed.

(11-17-2021, 12:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's OK guys.

Was that the Raiders, Broncos, or Ravens who told you that?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 01:36 PM by chris hill. Edited 2 times in total.)

i found out he asked for his releases from oakland and denver.. i think he still has alot left in the tank.. i think if he plays x where chark was.. hell ease marvin jones and laviska shenault on the outside and inside.. with his 4.32 speed and reliable hands.. chark was out for 6 weeks after the injury he never found his true self on the field not to mention he was massively rusty.. dont be surprised if top wr are jones, brown, agnew and shenault as top 4.. marvin jones is and has already established himself as our number 1 wr..

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 03:16 PM by Jag88.)

That was me. Lock it. I know my stuff. This guy could light it up if he gets a chance

(11-17-2021, 01:35 PM)chris hill Wrote: i found out he asked for his releases from oakland and denver.. i think he still has alot left in the tank.. i think if he plays x where chark was.. hell ease marvin jones and laviska shenault on the outside and inside.. with his 4.32 speed and reliable hands.. chark was out for 6 weeks after the injury he never found his true self on the field not to mention he was massively rusty.. dont be surprised if top wr are jones, brown, agnew and shenault as top 4.. marvin jones is and has already established himself as our number 1 wr..

I like jones and leviska but they're possession wrs especially marvin.

(11-17-2021, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Was that the Raiders, Broncos, or Ravens who told you that?

I think it was the Bills, where he was a 1,000 yard receiver.

It's actually the bigger story than the release of Johnson.  The guy is actually pretty good.

(11-17-2021, 03:31 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Was that the Raiders, Broncos, or Ravens who told you that?

I think it was the Bills, where he was a 1,000 yard receiver.

It's actually the bigger story than the release of Johnson.  The guy is actually pretty good.

It's more "was" pretty good. I hope he retains some of his youth, but he couldn't break in with 3 different teams in the last year. The conventional wisdom is that a guy on the street in November is a guy who is over the hill. Much like a guy like Tyron Johnson with lots of physical talent gets cut because he's got some other critical flaw.