Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wolfie needs help!!!!

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 10:01 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

I'm very frustruted this morning, and i know I'm probbley being selfish. I really really don't want to spend Christmas in enemy terioty 

We been invited to the founding pastors house for Christmas.  He lives in brentwood Tennessee [size=1][font='Linux Libertine', Georgia, Times, serif]ttTen[/font][/size]

tennesse. I can't stand going to enemy terioty, seeing them is one thing.

After moms celbration of life they all put on tittians shirts. I'm very worried,and afried now they will give me a tittian shirt for CHristmas.  

I won't wear it, its the enemy.  of course dad might make me,and lay a guilt rip on me like he did about us going there for Christmas.

Since mom has passed it is best for us to be away from house yes,but in enemy terioty isn't the place to be.  

please pray that i can change my attutuide before we go there. we will be leaveing dec. 23rd for  that trip.    

I would greatly appricaitte some  feedback on this sitartion as wel as understanding to why i don't want to go to 

Tennessee

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

my best suggestion: Go, be with dad. You all will probably have some great stories to share with each other about your mom, maybe even some you've never heard before.

If they give you a jersey, thank them, apologize that you root for a different team, and ask if they know someone else in the church that would enjoy receiving this gift on your behalf as it would waste away unworn in your closet. This avoids you having to wear or possess the shirt, and also makes you look generous at the same time. (win-win).

If that don't work, once they give it to you, it's yours. We expect a jersey burnin' video to be posted within hours of your return home!

If after the gift exchange everyone else puts on their tack jerseys, excuse yourself, and spend the rest of the visit sitting alone on their front stoop (don't do this, it's rude, but I had to do the same when visiting family-in-law that refused to let my dog indoors. When confronted the choice of chilly air and my bestest friend or hanging with people who sustain themselves on manufactured drama, the dog ALWAYS won).

Attitude makes the difference. You’ll get out of it what you put into it. Sure, you’re in enemy territory. But Tn is a beautiful state. I think you’re putting too much stock into the rivalry. If they’re tacks fans, so be it. Go and have fun. Maybe you and your dad can get out and drive a few hours and see some really cool things together. Be it the mountains, some state parks or caves and such. There’s a decent amount to see. That’s why they call it TennesSEE. If offered tack gear, respectfully decline. Just tell them you’re a Jags fan and you can not accept this token of treason. They’ll understand. But don’t put the trip down because of its locale. TN is not a bad place to be.

Pro tip: while there say words like “y’all” or “you’in’s”. Or phrases like “dang, cousin Becky is sure looking good today”. You’ll fit right in

thank you both for your responses, and now its gotten even worse.  Now I have to go watch them play live.  At least i might get to see  san  fran play live twice. Dad, and i might go to jags game this sunday. not sure yet. we will be in flordia.

when we go watch he enmy play they play san fran. its makeing me sick to my stomach to have to go watch them play live.

Not everything is about football
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-19-2021, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not everything is about football

True,thats what i am asking prayer for. I know that,unforttanttly all i can keep thinking is how i have to go to enemy terioty for Christmas,and watch a game  they play in person.

I know its best for my dad,and i not to be by ourselves the first Christmas. i can't figure out why they couldn't of come here..  I need to change my attuduide about Christmas trip. First I'll enjoyour thanksgiveing one.

it hit me this morning while in shower.  Regardless of nfl game/team i go to see i need to be thankful i can go with my dad. how many people can say they still have dad to go to live football games.  

Espaillsy a 48 year old adult.  Thats helping me change my attuduide about going to see tittians in dec.   those who responded to this thank you very much.

(11-20-2021, 10:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it hit me this morning while in shower.  Regardless of nfl game/team i go to see i need to be thankful i can go with my dad. how many people can say they still have dad to go to live football games.  

Espaillsy a 48 year old adult.  Thats helping me change my attuduide about going to see tittians in dec.   those who responded to this thank you very much.

Now you have your head in the right place.  I can think of far worse things in life than being forced to go to a football game.

(11-20-2021, 10:47 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it hit me this morning while in shower.  Regardless of nfl game/team i go to see i need to be thankful i can go with my dad. how many people can say they still have dad to go to live football games.  

That's a great point of view you have. I understand the strong dislike with going to another teams game but to me it's not about who's playing, it's more about who you spend your time with and sharing memories. Now that I've gotten older I don't get to see my parents often (living in different states) but when we get to see each other I don't care what we do as long as we have that moment together. Time is the most valuable thing on earth. Count your blessings each day and be grateful for what you have. Have a great Thanksgiving!

You hit the nail on the head here. I used to go to games with my dad all the time until he was unable to go anymore due to medical issues. He had to give up season tickets and he was sad about it. I now live in North Carolina and don't get to see him often. I miss spending time with him.

Bottom line: enjoy your time with your dad and wear your Jaguars gear to the tittians game. I'm praying you have a wonderful time with family and that you don't sweat the small stuff.

I live here in enemy territory in Nashville not far from Brentwood. You can do it Wolfie.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 07:23 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

I got my answer in church last night.   I still can't stand the tittians,i still won't cheer for them.  I will decline with respect if they try to  have me wear tittians gear. 

Anyways i reliezed last night that this family is giveingup thier time,thier house,and all to m dad,and i to help us both deal with mom not being here since its first Chrsitmas without her.

without going to much into relgion i reliezed last night God is the father,and also  has the mothers natureing which i am missing.  though this family we will be getting the mothers natureing from  them even with 4 of them being guys. 

its the uncondtial love for others thats a mothers natureing,and this family is like that to us. 

P.S.  please don't start a reglion arguement from this. my point was this  I was foscuesd on wrong thing. i was foscuesd on the dislike for the tittians,not the fact  our family is trying to help us deal with Christmas this year.

All I’ll say is, you’re on the right track. All around.

(12-09-2021, 07:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I got my answer in church last night.   I still can't stand the tittians,i still won't cheer for them.  I will decline with respect if they try to  have me wear tittians gear. 

Anyways i reliezed last night that this family is giveingup thier time,thier house,and all to m dad,and i to help us both deal with mom not being here since its first Chrsitmas without her.

without going to much into relgion i reliezed last night God is the father,and also  has the mothers natureing which i am missing.  though this family we will be getting the mothers natureing from  them even with 4 of them being guys. 

its the uncondtial love for others thats a mothers natureing,and this family is like that to us. 

P.S.  please don't start a reglion arguement from this. my point was this  I was foscuesd on wrong thing. i was foscuesd on the dislike for the tittians,not the fact  our family is trying to help us deal with Christmas this year.

You're growing; that is good, and this will be pleasing to your dad, your hosts, and your Father.

It's a shame the first set of tablets broke when Moses came down from Sinai. Gonna ask God why "Thou shalt not cheer for a flaming thumbtack" was left off the second set. Musta been in a hurry to make sure the Israelites weren't making more golden calves or getting flirty with their cousins.

Big Grin

(12-10-2021, 10:29 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 07:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I got my answer in church last night.   I still can't stand the tittians,i still won't cheer for them.  I will decline with respect if they try to  have me wear tittians gear. 

You're growing; that is good, and this will be pleasing to your dad, your hosts, and your Father.

It's a shame the first set of tablets broke when Moses came down from Sinai. Gonna ask God why "Thou shalt not cheer for a flaming thumbtack" was left off the second set. Musta been in a hurry to make sure the Israelites weren't making more golden calves or getting flirty with their cousins.

Big Grin
History of the World Part 1:
“These are the fifteen (drops a tablet) TEN commandments!”

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 11:57 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

My Wife and once drove by the Titans stadium when going through Tennessee. And they had that UGLY, STUPID flag flying outside. I begged her to let us stop and let me burn that STUPID, UGLY flag. Thankfully, she’s smarter than I am. I HATE the tacks, I couldn’t do it Wolfie, not unless I had my Jaguars gear on the whole time.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

dad is talking to our friends we will see later this month. hes told them  i would wear a brentwood,or nashville tensse t-shirt.  

silly/crazy question. is that the same thing as wearing tittians stuff,or no cause its the state?

(12-12-2021, 09:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: dad is talking to our friends we will see later this month. hes told them  i would wear a brentwood,or nashville tensse t-shirt.  

silly/crazy question. is that the same thing as wearing tittians stuff,or no cause its the state?

They know you’re a Jag fan, you and Dad should have worn your Jag gear.  And your family should have accepted and appreciated it.  That being said, “no”. Wearing a state shirt doesn’t count. It does imply that you are rooting for the tittians  though.  But no worries.  I hope you enjoyed the company at the game.  Sorry the Jags couldn’t help with enjoying the game part

(12-12-2021, 08:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 09:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: dad is talking to our friends we will see later this month. hes told them  i would wear a brentwood,or nashville tensse t-shirt.  

They know you’re a Jag fan, you and Dad should have worn your Jag gear.  And your family should have accepted and appreciated it.  That being said, “no”. Wearing a state shirt doesn’t count. It does imply that you are rooting for the tittians  though.  But no worries.  I hope you enjoyed the company at the game.  Sorry the Jags couldn’t help with enjoying the game part

we haven't been yet to that game.  thats  near christmas. we are still home in north carolina.  its dec. 23rd we go to tittians game vs san fran

(12-12-2021, 09:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 08:26 PM)Jags Wrote: They know you’re a Jag fan, you and Dad should have worn your Jag gear.  And your family should have accepted and appreciated it.  That being said, “no”. Wearing a state shirt doesn’t count. It does imply that you are rooting for the tittians  though.  But no worries.  I hope you enjoyed the company at the game.  Sorry the Jags couldn’t help with enjoying the game part

we haven't been yet to that game.  thats  near christmas. we are still home in north carolina.  its dec. 23rd we go to tittians game vs san fran

Well, thats a plus.  On a side note,(in my head) anytime someone references you as “wolf man” I always add “of Alcatraz”   Idk why.  I wouldn’t mess with you if I was Urban Meyer and you were Carmen Nebraska