Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 11 - 49ers @ Jags***

(11-21-2021, 06:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Why do I feel the need to pass paper bags out to many of our posters to breath into?  This team was never going to win more than 4 games. It has holes in the starting lineup and little depth.  This lack of depth is a big issue.  Surprise it was even worse at the beginning of the season. This year amazing as it sounds, we are seeing younger players actually develop ! What I saw today was a defense that was tired from the amount of effort they put into the previous few games. On offense I can see the other team has tape on our offense (QB) and is exploiting it as we should expect. I am not really worried about our QB.  Yes, his numbers are down the last few weeks, but until a few other players step up and improve do not look for much different. I look at it this way. At the beginning of the season the weakest part of the team according to this board was the O line. Receivers were thought to be ok. Now from my chair the receiving group is the weakest and concerns nobody allowing a bullseye to be painted on our running game. Just got our butts whipped today is all.

You've seen young players develop? Which ones?
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 08:59 PM by Cleatwood.)

(11-21-2021, 08:42 PM)LMD Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 06:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Why do I feel the need to pass paper bags out to many of our posters to breath into?  This team was never going to win more than 4 games. It has holes in the starting lineup and little depth.  This lack of depth is a big issue.  Surprise it was even worse at the beginning of the season. This year amazing as it sounds, we are seeing younger players actually develop ! What I saw today was a defense that was tired from the amount of effort they put into the previous few games. On offense I can see the other team has tape on our offense (QB) and is exploiting it as we should expect. I am not really worried about our QB.  Yes, his numbers are down the last few weeks, but until a few other players step up and improve do not look for much different. I look at it this way. At the beginning of the season the weakest part of the team according to this board was the O line. Receivers were thought to be ok. Now from my chair the receiving group is the weakest and concerns nobody allowing a bullseye to be painted on our running game. Just got our butts whipped today is all.

You've seen young players develop? Which ones?
I literally can’t think of one 1st or 2nd year player that has gotten better this season.

JRob has been the same as he was last year.
All the rookies have been bad.
Shenault has been bad.
CJ Henderson isn’t even here anymore lol

(11-21-2021, 08:40 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 08:28 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I'm senile... lmao.... rewatch last season you ignorant fool...when you actually learn something then we'll talk...

this....the problem is half the posters on here think they are playing a Madden game... armchair coaches who have no clue....

Well, to be fair to the posters, the real coaches ARE coaching like Madden game armchair coaches so.....
like i said....some of these posters think they are playing a Madden game.....

(11-21-2021, 08:40 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 08:28 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I'm senile... lmao.... rewatch last season you ignorant fool...when you actually learn something then we'll talk...

this....the problem is half the posters on here think they are playing a Madden game... armchair coaches who have no clue....

Well, to be fair to the posters, the real coaches ARE coaching like Madden game armchair coaches so.....

Exactly! Meyer is like 8 year old playing Madden and like "I am gonna sign a bunch of guys with 95 speed, that will solve the problems on offense"
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

This team just isn't "Up" for the games.  The energy in the Buffalo game was palpable.  You knew the team wasn't going to crumble that one away.  I feel like the team woke up for the Indy game in the second half,  but they weren't ready for this game which is sad considering it was against a team on a short week having to fly across the country..  Lawrence had promise early on but has now been looking lost.  Kind of worried as this is supposed to our QB for the next 15 years.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:52 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-21-2021, 05:30 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It is literally his fault. 

He controls personnel.

tell me you don't know what you're talking about... without saying you don't know what you're talking about.... you can't replace the whole team in one draft and free agency.... our wide receivers suck.... but it's not what all the fans were calling for in the draft.... it was pass rushers... o-line... so are we supposed to replace o-line...defensive line .. secondary...wide receivers... line backers.... and so on in one draft and free agency.... putting all the blame on Urban Meyer right now is ignorant.... do I think he had some faults sure He's a new coach in the NFL.... we have a very young team and a lot of rookies... but I'm smart enough to know not to put the blame totally on urban... this team was horrendous last year and no coach in the NFL is going to come in and revamp this team to be winners in one season.... I know a lot of you guys have UDS but you got to get over it and take your medicine

In 2020, the team was in rebuilding mode and they were doing everything they could to set the team up for success in 2021.  They were trading veterans for draft picks and clearing salary cap space.  Last year, there were 16 rookies on the opening day roster.  We could have brought back the same team and probably would have won 2 or 3 games this year just because of more experience.  No, you can't change the whole roster in one off-season but you CAN make SIGNIFICANT progress.  NFL stands for "not for long".  Teams can and do make quick turn-arounds.  Meyer was handed the ability to draft 5 players in the top 65 and more salary cap room to spend in free agency than any other team in the entire NFL.  Winning one extra game isn't remotely close to being significant progress.

(11-21-2021, 04:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Meyer isn't fired after this game, Khan has no credibility at all. We are ruining Trevor Lawrence.

If Meyer was fired mid-season, who would take over as interim head coach?  Assistant head coach Charlie Strong?  He's a former head coach at the college level, but is brand new to the NFL.  Joe Cullen?  He's never been a head coach, even at the college level, and this is even his first year as a NFL coordinator.  Darrell Bevell?  Now, that might be the most unearned promotion in the history of the planet.  However, he does have experience as an interim NFL head coach and we do have an experienced NFL offensive coordinator on the staff (Brian Schottenheimer) that could take over as OC for him.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 03:17 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-21-2021, 05:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [quote="NewJagsCity" pid="1425482" dateline="1637528232"]

Man you must be stoned, or blind and/or brain damaged. This team was not competitive today in any aspect whether it was coaching or playing. We are several levels of talent below 90% of the teams in this league, and it's quite evident to anyone who's watching it
Quote:I get that... but saying that penalties not being called has no outcome in a game is crazy

I hear you, penalties can be killers, but good teams can overcome them. Even penalty free, this team can't put together a sustained offensive drive more than 20% of the time. 3 and outs are now the norm.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-21-2021, 08:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 08:42 PM)LMD Wrote: You've seen young players develop? Which ones?
I literally can’t think of one 1st or 2nd year player that has gotten better this season.

Shenault has been bad.

Tyson Campbell may be trending up. Let's hope the injury isn't serious.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-21-2021, 11:40 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Meyer isn't fired after this game, Khan has no credibility at all. We are ruining Trevor Lawrence.

If Meyer was fired mid-season, who would take over as interim head coach?  Assistant head coach Charlie Strong?  He's a former head coach at the college level, but is brand new to the NFL.  Joe Cullen?  He's never been a head coach, even at the college level, and this is even his first year as a NFL coordinator.  Darrell Bevell?  Now, that might be the most unearned promotion in the history of the planet.  However, he does have experience as an interim NFL head coach and we do have an experienced NFL offensive coordinator on the staff (Brian Schottenheimer) that could take over as OC for him.

Why not? I thought he did well in Detroit? Maybe, maybe it's not only his fault the offense isn't working?

And here we go again. Every season this board descends into the same discussions which are prompted by not just losing, but losing atrociously.

I’m so losing fatigued. It’s not even fun to speculate about prospects anymore. We’re not even in ‘disappointing season’ territory. Oh no, we’re so far down, simple disappointment is an aspiration. We literally own losing. How many NFL records for worst this and worst that do the the Jaguars own, or come close to owning? Is there any other team in the history of the NFL that compares to this organization’s record of not just losing, but outright lousy football?

(sigh) But what can you do? Cry into your glass of teal koolaid, steel yourself and chug it down. Then cry some more while offering up your glass for a refill.

(11-22-2021, 03:23 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 08:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I literally can’t think of one 1st or 2nd year player that has gotten better this season.

Shenault has been bad.

Tyson Campbell may be trending up. Let's hope the injury isn't serious.

My thought as well ^

Campbell has looked better playing zone, and has even had two PBUs in man coverage since London. 
He's trending towards being a solid #2 in the right scheme.  Not great for his draft position, but salvageable.