Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer to Notre Dame as HC?

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 10:47 PM by Jagswillwin. Edited 2 times in total.)

Why not? 

Easy escape since half of the Jags fanbase are Gators and will cheer the move!

HE LOVES RECRUITING!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We aren't that lucky.

Please dear sweet baby savior take him away from us
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 04:59 PM by Jag88.)

I'm as upset as everyone else but let's not get it twisted. No coach can save this roster. Offense sucks unbelievably lately

(11-21-2021, 04:58 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm as upset at everyone else but let's not get it twisted. No coach can save this roster. Offense sucks unbelievably  lately

Better play calls and coaching would at least make this team competitive. We don't have that right now. This team is unwatchable.

Bill Belichek and Vince Lombardi couldn’t do any better with this roster. Relax

Meyer basically gets a pass this year and probably next.

(11-21-2021, 04:58 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm as upset as everyone else but let's not get it twisted. No coach can save this roster. Offense sucks unbelievably lately

We have to work way to hard to get first downs…. No one is capable taking a routine play into an explosive except maybe Robinson … and he lacks the breakaway speed .

Urban's 12 mil per year response:

https://youtu.be/5xiJfs-M4Ok

(11-21-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bill Belichek and Vince Lombardi couldn’t do any better with this roster. Relax

Just completely not true. Meyer has done a terrible job with a bad roster.

(11-21-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bill Belichek and Vince Lombardi couldn’t do any better with this roster. Relax

LMAO

I don't disagree that he's likely to continue our long nightmare a while longer, but he built the roster, so he got what he thought he needed.

(11-21-2021, 04:58 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm as upset as everyone else but let's not get it twisted. No coach can save this roster. Offense sucks unbelievably lately
Well that’s not true.

This is the worst coached team in football. Reid, McVay, Belicheck and a few others would have this team playing better on both sides of the ball.

Not to mention if the Jags didn’t have Meyer, they would likely have someone who is better at acquiring talent.

Urban MADE this roster what it is and can't  coach it out of a wet paper bag to save his life. 
He had ample opportunity to improve what he inherited, but he made it less competitive instead.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 05:13 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-21-2021, 05:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Urban MADE this roster what it is and can't  coach it out of a wet paper bag to save his life. 
He had ample opportunity to improve what he inherited, but he made it less competitive instead.

To play devils advocate,  Urban's 1sT round draft pick offensive weapon went down in camp, so we haven't really gotten to see his overall vision for the offense.

The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

Blame it on Meyer if you want, but if he was fired tomorrow we would still have the same players.

[Image: giphy.gif]

another one to the list of dumb [BLEEP] you post
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I really hope he leaves, but I think we're stuck with him for a few years Sad

(11-21-2021, 05:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

Blame it on Meyer if you want, but if he was fired tomorrow we would still have the same players.

But YOU were saying it didn't matter who the WRs were as long as we have Trevor. You said we should only draft Defense since the offense was set with Trevor.

You are such a clown
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-21-2021, 05:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

How about it's not only about "we have player x y or z". How about it's the boneheaded penalties? What about the boneheaded decisions he's made? My question is, and keep in mind I do not watch college football so my knowledge of Meyer is limited, but why does everyone think he would be a good NFL coach? From the sounds of it college HCs just recruit good players and good player often go to good colleges because...well it's a good school that can advance their careers in the NFL. If that's the case how is it even comparable to what an NFL hc does? I mean I would say that a College HC would make a better NFL GM than HC...

I would be satisfied with the WR1… another productive TE or Slot to compliment him and a really Good OT… if we could just get those things I would worry about the studs on defense the following year and go with this group of Defenders again… this off-season has to be about Lawerence . We cannot let him go through this fiasco again.. he is our most important piece. 

But I have no faith that Baalke can get it done.