Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer to Notre Dame as HC?

Just heard a cut away on the news that Urban is considering Mullen for a position.. yuck..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2021, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just heard a cut away on the news that Urban is considering Mullen for a position.. yuck..

Bwahahahahaha.....

Funny thing though. Mullen is supposedly a great play caller, his downfall imo in college was his recruiting.

Apathy has set in so hard though so I'm just like whatever man.
I'll check in now and again but I've turned most of my attention toward holidays and family over football weekends.

I'll believe we're better when we're better whoever the coaching staff is

(11-21-2021, 05:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bill Belichek and Vince Lombardi couldn’t do any better with this roster. Relax

Meyer basically gets a pass this year and probably next.

I don't disagree that he's likely to continue our long nightmare a while longer, but he built the roster, so he got what he thought he needed.

Built? He's had 1 offseason 75% of this roster is from the previous regimes

It is his first year in the big league. Give him one more year and if we are still disappointing then he can leave.

I like what we are doing. Urban couldn't have Tebow so he had Bevell turn Trevor into Tebow.

Meanwhile, the AZ coaching staff just turned Colt McCoy into Tom Brady.

(11-22-2021, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just heard a cut away on the news that Urban is considering Mullen for a position.. yuck..

Afraid a big part of the fan base has become like Kane...
"whatever.... Undecided "
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-22-2021, 12:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like what we are doing.  Urban couldn't have Tebow so he had Bevell turn Trevor into Tebow.

Meanwhile, the AZ coaching staff just turned Colt McCoy into Tom Brady.

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 01:46 PM by Kane. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2021, 11:22 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't disagree that he's likely to continue our long nightmare a while longer, but he built the roster, so he got what he thought he needed.

Yeah I dunno. He let a few WRs go and replaced them with his own. Including a 6th round preseason cut. Got rid of Minshew for Beatherd. Added Hyde and ETN to the RB group. Overhauled the secondary with mostly his guys. Shipped off Joe Scho for Wilson. DL is mostly new additions.

Maybe half of the roster is Caldwell's. And Urban and Baalke liked the OL as it was iirc.
They could have addressed the roster and added to what we had instead they made it worse and the coaching staff has left a lot to be desired in play calling and player development

(11-21-2021, 05:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

Blame it on Meyer if you want, but if he was fired tomorrow we would still have the same players.

Did he and Baalke not build this roster?
No Fun

(11-22-2021, 02:05 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

Blame it on Meyer if you want, but if he was fired tomorrow we would still have the same players.

Did he and Baalke not build this roster?

Exactly. Griffen, Jenkins, Campbell all his guys. And refuses to play Cisco over Wingard which is weird.
This is their roster. And yeah we'll still have these players next year but a new regime might be able to right the ship before these fools sink it.

(11-22-2021, 12:21 PM)Jagsman Wrote: It is his first year in the big league. Give him one more year and if we are still disappointing then he can leave.

Why? who cares if its his first year. What has he EVER done that shows he can be a good NFL HC? His College HC years mean little in the NFL, more College coaches fail in the NFL than succeed. So tell me, WHY should we waste our time with an unproven NFL HC? I mean, Minshew showed signs he could be a good NFL starter in his first year, we went out and got his replacement (which I am all for), why does a crappy NFL coach get a pass? Outside of a first round pick if you're not good you get pushed aside the following year, that should be Meyer, he's shown no sign he can be a good NFL HC. Go back to college and brings someone who at least knows something about the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 04:46 PM by domesticfelines. Edited 1 time in total.)

Khan should offer to pay him his full salary, plus UM keeps whatever he will take in at FLA, just to get rid of him. Horrible business decision, but sometimes you need to swallow your pride, cut your losses and move on. Alas, Khan won't do that because he has too much pride, and likely has no ability to question his own horrible decision making since buying this team. Not trying to sidetrack this, but the entire situation is all on Khan. He brought this on by hiring the guy who calls the shots. He is truly one of the worst owners in the history of the league. All he has to show for his ineptitude is a gain in the team's value of about $2 billion since he bought the Jags. It's good to be Khan, and even better to cash in due to the NFL's massive popularity, despite absolutely sucking at the role of team owner.

I want what ever Urbs is smoking. I mean they need to get someone in here who actually knows how to football Urbs just doesnt have a clue. This statement right here is just so bad he could be fired for it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...francisco/

(11-22-2021, 11:16 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I want what ever Urbs is smoking. I mean they need to get someone in here who actually knows how to football Urbs just doesnt have a clue. This statement right here is just so bad he could be fired for it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...francisco/

Trevor didn't play bad in this weekends game. We had 4 plays on Offense (one was the Viska fumble) through out 22 minutes in the 1st half. We were down 17-0 before he even attempted his 4th pass of the game (at 6:45 left in the half).

I wouldn't say he played one of his best games of the season, Urbs is just talking noise with that, but he wasn't bad either. He was fighting an uphill battle the entire game.

But yes, it all starts at the top, Urbs and Baalke need to go. The sooner the better.

49rs are a team on a hot streak. This game and the seahawk game you must have to toss in the toilet. Any offense coordinator but but bevil if this offense keeps playing like this

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 10:08 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2021, 11:22 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't disagree that he's likely to continue our long nightmare a while longer, but he built the roster, so he got what he thought he needed.

Not true.  I just counted it up.  On the 53 man roster, 26 players are new this year which is just shy of 50%.  This doesn't count an additional 7 players who were on the team last year, but Meyer re-signed to be on the team again this year.  Together, that's 33 out of 53 (62%) of this roster that was signed by Meyer.  Keep in mind that the remaining 20 players (38%) aren't all bad.  They include players such as Josh Allen, James Robinson, etc.  Meyer signed a cornerback to a 4 year/$40 million contract, a safety to a 4 year/$35 million contract, a defensive lineman to a 3 year/$23.4 million contract, plus used the top pick in the second and third rounds plus two picks in the fourth round on defense.  What have these resources got us this year?  1 sack.  0 interceptions.  0 forced fumbles.  0 fumble recoveries.  Josh Allen has better numbers in each of those stats just by himself.

Meyer deserves a lot of blame.

This would be realistic since Kelly just left for LSU

This could really happen. Fingers crossed.

It would really take a snake to bail out mid way through a first season going this poorly. Fortunately, there is no bigger snake than Urban Meyer. Prayers up.

The next Notre Dame coach will be Luke Joseph Fickell, present coach of the Cincinnati Bearcats.