Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer to Notre Dame as HC?

Coach meyer is burnt out on college. He has nothing more to prove in the college game. This is what he wants to do right now is coach the jags. Give him some time and see what happens. He wants to win badly for the jags and Duvall.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Khan should call ND pretending to be Meyer's agent and get the ball rolling.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(11-30-2021, 02:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Coach meyer is burnt out on college.  He has nothing more to prove in the college game. This is what he wants to do right now is coach the jags. Give him some time and see what happens. He wants to win badly for the jags and Duvall.

Dude is in way over his head.  NFL is no place for a figurehead cliché-speaker.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Do we consult the magic 8 ball

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 08:00 AM by Caldrac.)

For the love of God. Please take this man off of our hands. PLEASE!!!!!

Dagda, Badb, Cu Chulainn, The Morrigan, Lugh, Medb Queen of Connacht, Cemunnos & Danu! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Call this guy this week and buy him out off of Khan. PLEASE!!!!!!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote: This would be realistic since Kelly just left for LSU

South Bend is a lot closer to Nebraska....

(11-30-2021, 02:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Coach meyer is burnt out on college.  He has nothing more to prove in the college game. This is what he wants to do right now is coach the jags. Give him some time and see what happens. He wants to win badly for the jags and Duvall.
Someone has to keep this and send it to old takes exposed.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 09:39 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Waiting for the ? To disappear off this thread.

Boy, will that be glorious.

My teal glasses must be scratched, because I see no joy nor fire in him for what he's doing now. ND has always been his dream job, and it's on a silver platter.

They're already a good team, which is perfect for his m.o., he doesn't do reclamation projects.

I'd say he's got the badly part down, it's the winning that is still evading him.

This is a civil opportunity for Meyer to part ways, not because it didn't work out in the NFL, but because the job he has dreamed of as a kid is available. If both parties could come together and make this work, that would be absolutely glorious.

(11-30-2021, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote: This would be realistic since Kelly just left for LSU

South Bend is a lot closer to Nebraska....

And Cayman too!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-21-2021, 05:19 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The first thing this team needs is a dominant, WR1, along with a clone of Josh Allen. Then go get entire new secondary. Griffin and Jenkins were supposed to be good signings but they have turned out to be duds. Campbell is a squat CB and he’s looking like bench material or a nickel.

Blame it on Meyer if you want, but if he was fired tomorrow we would still have the same players.

How about it's not only about "we have player x y or z". How about it's the boneheaded penalties? What about the boneheaded decisions he's made? My question is, and keep in mind I do not watch college football so my knowledge of Meyer is limited, but why does everyone think he would be a good NFL coach? From the sounds of it college HCs just recruit good players and good player often go to good colleges because...well it's a good school that can advance their careers in the NFL. If that's the case how is it even comparable to what an NFL hc does? I mean I would say that a College HC would make a better NFL GM than HC...

Now That is an interesting take. The GM, and scouting personnel, are the equivakent to college recruiters IMO so this kind of makes sense.  Of course that still leaves FA and that IS recruiting of a sort as well. But I still think the NFL head coach iis still, like college, the ultimate salesman in convincing a FA to come here........ after the money of course.

Khan should secretly pay the salary and let ND have him free to them. We won't be lucky. We expended all of our luck getting Trevor it is downhill from here.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-30-2021, 03:39 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3275...ource-says

Never lucky.

Saban also said he wasn't going to leave the Dolphins. Just saying.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I would do just about anything to get rid of Meyer and Baalke.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 04:46 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-30-2021, 04:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would do just about anything to get rid of Meyer and Baalke.

Wonder what a buy out gofundme could accumulate between Jag fans who want him gone and Irish fans who want him there.

Why would he leave? He doesn't have to do anything here, isn't accountable for anything, and gets to be his own boss. Then if (when) he's fired he gets paid his full contract, so why would he volunteer to give all that up?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2021, 04:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-30-2021, 04:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 04:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would do just about anything to get rid of Meyer and Baalke.

Wonder what a buy out gofundme could accumulate between Jag fans who want him gone and Irish fans who want him there.

Maybe we should start one.

(11-30-2021, 04:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would he leave? He doesn't have to do anything here, isn't accountable for anything, and gets to be his own boss. Then if (when) he's fired he gets paid his full contract, so why would he volunteer to give all that up?

I just wish we had an owner with the intestinal fortitude to admit he was wrong, make the necessary adjustments and begin to right this ship. Instead, he's gonna let this thing go until Trevor's so far gone, that nothing can salvage him. It's beyond depressing.

Meyer had once stated that the ND job was his dream job. Is it true Meyer was named after one of the seven Popes named Urban (II-VIII)?