Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the 49ers Game

Usually, I record the games and during the offseason, I will watch them to take the edge off of my football withdrawal.  I didn't record it today, but if I did, I could think of several better uses for it, including as a coaster or a cure for insomnia.  Good gravy what an ugly game.  I almost wish I had done yard work.

My thoughts:

1.  The 49ers return guy fumbled the opening kickoff and was tackled around their own ten.  I was thinking okay maybe we could get an early stop and get some field position.  TWENTY (20) plays later, the 49ers are kicking a FG.  The thing is, as strange as it sounds, the defense played relatively well on that drive.  They didn't gash us in the run and we got decent pass rush  But big play negating, drive extending penalties by Jenkins and Smoot enabled the 49ers offense to stay on the field much longer than they should have.  When the Jaguars finally get the ball, they promptly go 3 and out.  The 49ers score a TD on the following drive.  As if that wasn't bad enough, on the very next Jaguars drive-on first down no less-TL completes a pass to Shenault, only to have him fumble it back to the 49ers. On a later drive, Jenkins had another drive extending penalty where he threw a punch at a 49ers WR.  Jenkins got ejected.  On an unbelievable defensive 3 and out in the second half, Tayvon Auston, in for the injured Jamal Agnew, muffs the punt and gives it back to the 49ers.  This is Bizarro world complementary  football-NOT what anyone had in mind.  The penalties, the drips, the turnovers, the poor playcalling the poor execution...all if it has to stop!

2.  The refs did not cost us this game by any stretch, but I think it's telling that the one enforceable penalty called against the 49ers didn't come until 3:54 left IN THE GAME.  Between this game, the Cleveland and AFC CG in 2017, the Packers game of 2016 (?), there are way too many games of gross officiating imbalance against the Jaguars.  Part of that is the Jaguars doing...I get it.  But when Bosa clearly jumps offsides, call the freaking penalty.  

3.  One of the things about this game that gave me trepidation when the schedule was first announced and every time I thought of the game since was the matchup of Bosa against Jawaan Taylor.  Today we saw why I was so afraid of this matchup, especially in the second half.  Bosa embarrassed Taylor.

4.  Today was an ugly game for injuries.  Hope the hurt guys are okay, but that Agnew injury did not look good.

5.  What the hell was that last drive before halftime?!?  I don't know who was at fault on that 49ers screen pass to the right that went for so many yards, but between Jack and Chaisson, SOMEBODY should have had that RB.  The 49ers had no timeouts left and they still managed to get into FG range.

6.  Given the history of this board, I know this will not be a popular take.  But the WR group needs a complete overhaul.  There's no separation.  There's no hands consistency.  There's no playmaking.  There won't be any guys worth the top 3-5 pick we will likely have in April's draft, but we absolutely need more explosiveness and talent at that position.  I saw John Brown get one snap-a deep pass attempt to him early, and that was it.

7.  Rookie Watch:

A.    Trevor Lawrence-More pedestrian numbers today for him, but he did not have the ball for way too much of the game.  He needs help in the receiving corps.  He needs help along the OL.  He needs help in the offensive play calling.

B.     Travis Etienne-DNP

C.     Tyson Campbell-Was okay today.  Got hurt breaking up a pass.  Not sure how long he will be out.

D.     Walker Little-was active today and got some PT when Cam Robinson went out with a knee.  Little gave up a pressure.  While I do not want Cam Robinson to be hurt, we need to find a way to get him playing time down the stretch.

E.     Andre Cisco-speaking of playing time, this game was infuriating from that standpoint.  When Jenkins and his selfish penalties hurt the team and ultimately got him thrown out the game, that didn't translate into too many more snaps for Andre Cisco.  When Jenkins was ejected, Daniel Thomas came in and got more snaps. Cisco?  Not so much.  How do UM and Baalke expect to develop the rookies into a young nucleus for next year if they won't give them any playing time now?  If these guys aren't good enough to warrant playing time on a languishing 2-8 team going nowhere, then it is either a drafting failure, a coaching failure, or both.  Cisco epitomizes this.

F.     Jay Tufele-despite the 49ers having the ball for over 38 minutes, I did not see Tufele get any playing time.  I wonder if he is still injured.

G.     Jordan Smith-continue to be inactive.  Has contributed nothing to this team ten weeks into the season.

H.     Luke Farrell-Did not see him at all.

8.   Bottom line-I expect the remainder of the season to look like this or worse.  I was hoping we'd see Trevor Lawrence making obvious signs of progress by this time of the year, but we don't have the tools around for him to show it.  That's the most demoralizing thing.  He represents this team's hope for the future, but at this moment, I am fearful this team is in danger of stunting if not ruining his development.  The defense is making strides, but with stupid penalties and no help from the offense, they can't fully show how much progress they may be making.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Defense played very selfish ball today… too many stupid penalties in critical situations. and Cullens decision to man blitz with 14 seconds left and 0 49er timeouts was horrible.. why even give them the opportunity for a one on one matchup? Keep everything in front of you and tackle in bounds and half is over. 

I too fear for Trevor’s development … off-season has to be all in on surrounding Trevor with help I don’t care if we sign one defensive player. Only move on D I would make is to extend and pay Josh Allen.. other than that all offense. 

But I bet Baalke and Meyer screw that up.

My assessment from the game against the 49ers!

[Image: 1200px-Feces_de_can_%28dog%29.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The one thing I saw in the game that was a positive was when they let Trevor run the hurry up he looked better.

I didn't see anything in this game that looked specifically to be his fault, mostly just him starting behind the chains from a pre snap penalty or stuffed run, but maybe if he had great recognition and anticipation he could have done better. It's hard to say.

It's hard to get a read on a young QB when he's constantly being made to play from behind and behind schedule. He's athletic and strong, but he needs more help on and off the field.

(11-21-2021, 06:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Usually, I record the games and during the offseason, I will watch them to take the edge off of my football withdrawal.  I didn't record it today, but if I did, I could think of several better uses for it, including as a coaster or a cure for insomnia.  Good gravy what an ugly game.  I almost wish I had done yard work.

My thoughts:

1.  The 49ers return guy fumbled the opening kickoff and was tackled around their own ten.  I was thinking okay maybe we could get an early stop and get some field position.  TWENTY (20) plays later, the 49ers are kicking a FG.  The thing is, as strange as it sounds, the defense played relatively well on that drive.  They didn't gash us in the run and we got decent pass rush  But big play negating, drive extending penalties by Jenkins and Smoot enabled the 49ers offense to stay on the field much longer than they should have.  When the Jaguars finally get the ball, they promptly go 3 and out.  The 49ers score a TD on the following drive.  As if that wasn't bad enough, on the very next Jaguars drive-on first down no less-TL completes a pass to Shenault, only to have him fumble it back to the 49ers. On a later drive, Jenkins had another drive extending penalty where he threw a punch at a 49ers WR.  Jenkins got ejected.  On an unbelievable defensive 3 and out in the second half, Tayvon Auston, in for the injured Jamal Agnew, muffs the punt and gives it back to the 49ers.  This is Bizarro world complementary  football-NOT what anyone had in mind.  The penalties, the drips, the turnovers, the poor playcalling the poor execution...all if it has to stop!

2.  The refs did not cost us this game by any stretch, but I think it's telling that the one enforceable penalty called against the 49ers didn't come until 3:54 left IN THE GAME.  Between this game, the Cleveland and AFC CG in 2017, the Packers game of 2016 (?), there are way too many games of gross officiating imbalance against the Jaguars.  Part of that is the Jaguars doing...I get it.  But when Bosa clearly jumps offsides, call the freaking penalty.  

3.  One of the things about this game that gave me trepidation when the schedule was first announced and every time I thought of the game since was the matchup of Bosa against Jawaan Taylor.  Today we saw why I was so afraid of this matchup, especially in the second half.  Bosa embarrassed Taylor.

4.  Today was an ugly game for injuries.  Hope the hurt guys are okay, but that Agnew injury did not look good.

5.  What the hell was that last drive before halftime?!?  I don't know who was at fault on that 49ers screen pass to the right that went for so many yards, but between Jack and Chaisson, SOMEBODY should have had that RB.  The 49ers had no timeouts left and they still managed to get into FG range.

6.  Given the history of this board, I know this will not be a popular take.  But the WR group needs a complete overhaul.  There's no separation.  There's no hands consistency.  There's no playmaking.  There won't be any guys worth the top 3-5 pick we will likely have in April's draft, but we absolutely need more explosiveness and talent at that position.  I saw John Brown get one snap-a deep pass attempt to him early, and that was it.

7.  Rookie Watch:

A.    Trevor Lawrence-More pedestrian numbers today for him, but he did not have the ball for way too much of the game.  He needs help in the receiving corps.  He needs help along the OL.  He needs help in the offensive play calling.

C.     Tyson Campbell-Was okay today.  Got hurt breaking up a pass.  Not sure how long he will be out.

D.     Walker Little-was active today and got some PT when Cam Robinson went out with a knee.  Little gave up a pressure.  While I do not want Cam Robinson to be hurt, we need to find a way to get him playing time down the stretch.

E.     Andre Cisco-speaking of playing time, this game was infuriating from that standpoint.  When Jenkins and his selfish penalties hurt the team and ultimately got him thrown out the game, that didn't translate into too many more snaps for Andre Cisco.  When Jenkins was ejected, Daniel Thomas came in and got more snaps. Cisco?  Not so much.  How do UM and Baalke expect to develop the rookies into a young nucleus for next year if they won't give them any playing time now?  If these guys aren't good enough to warrant playing time on a languishing 2-8 team going nowhere, then it is either a drafting failure, a coaching failure, or both.  Cisco epitomizes this.

F.     Jay Tufele-despite the 49ers having the ball for over 38 minutes, I did not see Tufele get any playing time.  I wonder if he is still injured.

G.     Jordan Smith-continue to be inactive.  Has contributed nothing to this team ten weeks into the season.

8.   Bottom line-I expect the remainder of the season to look like this or worse.  I was hoping we'd see Trevor Lawrence making obvious signs of progress by this time of the year, but we don't have the tools around for him to show it.  That's the most demoralizing thing.  He represents this team's hope for the future, but at this moment, I am fearful this team is in danger of stunting if not ruining his development.  The defense is making strides, but with stupid penalties and no help from the offense, they can't fully show how much progress they may be making.

The one thing I saw in the game that was a positive was when they let Trevor run the hurry up he looked better.

I didn't see anything in this game that looked specifically to be his fault, mostly just him starting behind the chains from a pre snap penalty or stuffed run, but maybe if he had great recognition and anticipation he could have done better. It's hard to say.

It's hard to get a read on a young QB when he's constantly being made to play from behind and behind schedule. He's athletic and strong, but he needs more help on and off the field.
(emphasis added)

I'm glad you brought this up.

Soon I will have a thread on this topic.  Short version:  you are absolutely right on this point.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Complete and utter domination. It was liking watching the junior varsity take on the varsity squad. The jaguars did not look like they belong in the NFL quite frankly.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 06:44 PM by rfc17. Edited 1 time in total.)

A few random thoughts....

This felt like the ugliest game of the year so far. Yea the Texans game was brutal but at least Lawrence was slinging the ball all over the field and it felt like you had hope for the future. This was just an all around terrible game. Terrible penalties, completely undisciplined, terrible turnovers, terrible playcalling, etc... Every time you thought it couldnt get worse, it did.

I've felt like a lot of the Meyer hate has been unfair and biased due to people who already disliked him. And were unwilling to give him an opportunity to see if he could duplicate the success he had in college. I've been willing to sit through the pain of the learning curve as he figured out the NFL game, but at some point you need to see better discipline. The number of mistakes we are seeing halfway through the season is unacceptable. Yes you can blame the players because ultimately they are making the mistake, but it's the coaches job to stop them from doing so. We beat ourselves far too often. Too many stupid penalties (not effort penalties but just mindless dumb lack of discipline penalties), too many turnovers, etc... And we are regressing. Before the bye it felt like every game was slightly better than the rest and that we were ascending. But we just aren't playing consistent enough. I don't like the idea of getting rid of coaches after one year but this needs to look like a team getting better.

I doubt we win without Jenkins' two huge mistakes, but it's amazing what a handful of plays can do to a game. The holding call (which I thought was ticky tack but a hold nonetheless) and the personal foul cost us 7 points. First half should have been 13-3 at worst. But those two plays just felt like it set the tone for the whole game. And felt like the game was over before we really had a chance offensively.

Lawrence. Thought he played good all things considering. Was down 17-0 before his 4th pass. Felt like we were in bad down and distance all game. Running game was non-existent. And the defensive line could pin their ears back. And once again not a lot of help from the WRs. Feels like his development is really getting limited. Could see him progressing with each game before the bye. But it has really stagnated. *hit send too fast.... meant to finish with the thought that I hope this doesn't become a wasted year for his development. Obviously the offseason hype around our WRs was misguided. But I have a hard time believing they are so bad that a great QB can't elevate them. We aren't seeing Lawrence becoming a great QB. Is it him? Is it the coaches? He has all the tools. And seems to have the mental side of the game. I have to think it is the coaching. Prisco hammers this home every week that our offensive scheme is boring, predictable, and doesnt do anything creative. If Bevell and Meyer are becoming an albatross around Lawrence's neck, then cut bait and run.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 07:00 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-21-2021, 05:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Usually, I record the games and during the offseason, I will watch them to take the edge off of my football withdrawal.  I didn't record it today, but if I did, I could think of several better uses for it, including as a coaster or a cure for insomnia.  Good gravy what an ugly game.  I almost wish I had done yard work.

My thoughts:

7.  Rookie Watch:

i agree wholeheartedly with 1 thru 6 on your assessments. 
On the rookie watch check on Trevor, Campbell and everyone else but Cisco. The radio guys mentioned several times Cisco got injured only a few plays after coming in. So that was the two starting CBs out with injuries, SS out with his massive case of stupidity and Cisco out with injury. The radio boyz also said Shenault had a good game. Nope, that fumble on the first play of our second possession negated all the good he did after that and I suspect that contributed to your thoughts to overhaul the receiving corps.

The needs for this team as I see it are :

1. Overhaul receiving corps as you said. Playmakers needed for each receiver spot. A good start would be targeting Chris Godwin in FA

2. Edge rusher, preferably OLB for opposite side from Josh Allen someone like Ajabo from Michigan but even Will Anderson form 'Bama would be good with me.

3, ILB Unless Dylan Moses steps in next year at a high level and I have no clue who is supposed to be good in the draft

4, Oline help in a big way. A Guard and a Center at least. I like Linder but he can't stay healthy and I agree about Cam for at least one more year but Taylor gotta go

5. I like Wright but am not convinced he is our longterm solution at kicker.

6. More CBs. Enough said

That is the personnel needs as I see it today. Of bigger need is the front office in terms of the GM and scouting (and vetting) department. Replace 'em
Coaching needs? There is just too much there to detail and I don't  mean just Warhop but that is a good place to start.  Not impressed with the WR coach either. Bevell? While I don't think he has been good, I also don't think he is a good mix with Schottenheimer. Now if Khan was smart, he would dump Meyer and hire the Dallas OC Kellen Moore or Tampa OC Byron Leftwich as head coach but he is not gonna do that.

Ah well, I see I have rambled on... again But that is just the surface of my thoughts and impressions from today's game

Oh great. Mullen just got fired form UF. Watch Meyer go snap him up... SMDH

(11-21-2021, 06:38 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I've felt like a lot of the Meyer hate has been unfair and biased due to people who already disliked him.  And were unwilling to give him an opportunity to see if he could duplicate the success he had in college.  I've been willing to sit through the pain of the learning curve as he figured out the NFL game,  but at some point you need to see better discipline.  The number of mistakes we are seeing halfway through the season is unacceptable.  Yes you can blame the players because ultimately they are making the mistake, but it's the coaches job to stop them from doing so.  We beat ourselves far too often.  Too many stupid penalties (not effort penalties but just mindless dumb lack of discipline penalties), too many turnovers, etc... And we are regressing.  Before the bye it felt like every game was slightly better than the rest and that we were ascending.  But we just aren't playing consistent enough.  I don't like the idea of getting rid of coaches after one year but this needs to look like a team getting better. 

This is mostly how I feel too. 

What's incredibly frustrating is that once the defense seemed to have figured their game out then the offense stalled. I can accept that we win very few games this season if I see that Lawrence is the real deal and that's mostly how it looked in the early part of the season. Mistakes happened but that's normal. Now nothing seems to work anymore. 

Regarding playcalling it seems they are refusing to use some of the concepts Lawrence knows from Clemson. I understand that won't help in the long run and that he needs to learn the NFL game(play book) but if it doesn't work then why not use a few of these? If they actually are sacrificing this season for this reason I want to see Lawrence under center a lot more. Do you play a pro-style O or not?

(11-21-2021, 07:08 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 06:38 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I've felt like a lot of the Meyer hate has been unfair and biased due to people who already disliked him.  And were unwilling to give him an opportunity to see if he could duplicate the success he had in college.  I've been willing to sit through the pain of the learning curve as he figured out the NFL game,  but at some point you need to see better discipline.  The number of mistakes we are seeing halfway through the season is unacceptable.  Yes you can blame the players because ultimately they are making the mistake, but it's the coaches job to stop them from doing so.  We beat ourselves far too often.  Too many stupid penalties (not effort penalties but just mindless dumb lack of discipline penalties), too many turnovers, etc... And we are regressing.  Before the bye it felt like every game was slightly better than the rest and that we were ascending.  But we just aren't playing consistent enough.  I don't like the idea of getting rid of coaches after one year but this needs to look like a team getting better. 

This is mostly how I feel too. 

What's incredibly frustrating is that once the defense seemed to have figured their game out then the offense stalled. I can accept that we win very few games this season if I see that Lawrence is the real deal and that's mostly how it looked in the early part of the season. Mistakes happened but that's normal. Now nothing seems to work anymore. 

Regarding playcalling it seems they are refusing to use some of the concepts Lawrence knows from Clemson. I understand that won't help in the long run and that he needs to learn the NFL game(play book) but if it doesn't work then why not use a few of these? If they actually are sacrificing this season for this reason I want to see Lawrence under center a lot more. Do you play a pro-style O or not?

I think their mindset is the prostyle offense of QB under center is a thing of the past or at least of minimal usage at this point. With Trevor playing so much shotgun it seems as thought they are Trying to play to his comfort level since that is almost exclusively what he played at Clemson. I just don't see very many good route concepts for the receivers from this coaching staff.

With TLaw amongst the worst performing QBs against the zone and the worst performing against the blitz, it's no wonder that the Jag's face zoned, blitz happy defenses. The simple fact is that TLaw needs to learn to read zones, sus the blitzes and start hitting WRs on quick slants. It would help if the WRs could hold onto passes that hit them in the hands, of course.

But teams are turning the pressure up to 11 because they know that TLaw is not able to make his decisions fast enough in tight windows. TLaw's development need is 100% before the ball is snapped. He's in shotgun so often because he can't pick the play under center. Shotgun gives him three extra steps to see what develops, but then it gives the defense less to worry about, particularly from the running game.

(11-21-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: With TLaw amongst the worst performing QBs against the zone and the worst performing against the blitz, it's no wonder that the Jag's face zoned, blitz happy defenses.  The simple fact is that TLaw needs to learn to read zones, sus the blitzes and start hitting WRs on quick slants.  It would help if the WRs could hold onto passes that hit them in the hands, of course.

But teams are turning the pressure up to 11 because they know that TLaw is not able to make his decisions fast enough in tight windows.  TLaw's development need is 100% before the ball is snapped.  He's in shotgun so often because he can't pick the play under center.  Shotgun gives him three extra steps to see what develops, but then it gives the defense less to worry about, particularly from the running game.
While I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, teams are turning up the blitz because none of the Jags receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage. If the Jags had a Tyreek Hill type, teams wouldn’t be able to blitz as often for fear of getting beat deep. There isn’t a single Jags receiver that threatens the deep ball. Not one.

It’s an overall mess with blame placed on everyone, Trevor included. However I’m quick to not place blame on a rookie QB with the worst HC, a bad OC and the worst supporting cast in the NFL (outside of the Lions).

I got the impression that Urbs don’t wanna coach in the NFL anymore

If Khan insist on keeping Urban Meyer, then Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop have to go. The offensive play calling and schemes are putrid, the WR's are completely useless and the O-Line has not improved at all, ever since Warhop got here. This team is completely unwatchable. After seeing Atlanta play on Thursday, I thought we'd at least have a chance to beat the Falcons. Man, was I wrong. This offense couldn't beat a pee-wee football team.

(11-21-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Khan insist on keeping Urban Meyer, then Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop have to go. The offensive play calling and schemes are putrid, the WR's are completely useless and the O-Line has not improved at all, ever since Warhop got here. This team is completely unwatchable. After seeing Atlanta play on Thursday, I thought we'd at least have a chance to beat the Falcons. Man, was I wrong. This offense couldn't beat a pee-wee football team.

That is a bit too harsh. They could beat at least a middling Jr Hi team................ maybe

I don't think our line is that bad. I do think our offense is pretty crappy. They pulled in the reigns on TL too much. Let the dude get INT's. Don't let him get hit. That's all I care about.

Other than a injured RB and a potential QB, everyone on offense is replaceable. This is the most inept, untalented, and poorly coached offense in franchise history. I wish I trusted the Jaguars owner but his hires suck and they demonstrate nothing to give the fan base hope.

The entire off-season did zip to help out the rookie QB. How do you give these losers another chance at anything?

We are going to #becausejaguars Trevor and it is going to hurt.I am wondering if I live to see this team being capable of scoring let alone winning.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I know it's a minuscule detail in the grand scheme, but I am annoyed that they gave Jrob the rushing touchdown and didn't try to get Trevor a little boost of confidence letting him get a passing or even rushing TD of his own.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:15 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-21-2021, 07:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: With TLaw amongst the worst performing QBs against the zone and the worst performing against the blitz, it's no wonder that the Jag's face zoned, blitz happy defenses.  The simple fact is that TLaw needs to learn to read zones, sus the blitzes and start hitting WRs on quick slants.  It would help if the WRs could hold onto passes that hit them in the hands, of course.

But teams are turning the pressure up to 11 because they know that TLaw is not able to make his decisions fast enough in tight windows.  TLaw's development need is 100% before the ball is snapped.  He's in shotgun so often because he can't pick the play under center.  Shotgun gives him three extra steps to see what develops, but then it gives the defense less to worry about, particularly from the running game.
While I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, teams are turning up the blitz because none of the Jags receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage. If the Jags had a Tyreek Hill type, teams wouldn’t be able to blitz as often for fear of getting beat deep. There isn’t a single Jags receiver that threatens the deep ball. Not one.

It’s an overall mess with blame placed on everyone, Trevor included. However I’m quick to not place blame on a rookie QB with the worst HC, a bad OC and the worst supporting cast in the NFL (outside of the Lions).

so now it's urban's fault we don't have good wide receivers lol.... Even though the fan base thought we were fine at wide receiver.... I remember the draft posts where people were complaining that we don't need a wide receiver we need a pass rusher or offensive line player.... so now that chark is down... and the other wide receivers can't catch it's urban's fault.... dude not everything is urban's fault... I'm not 100% sold on urban but I'm smart enough not to blame everything on him... that would be stupid

(11-21-2021, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: I got the impression that Urbs don’t wanna coach in the NFL anymore

lmao

(11-21-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Khan insist on keeping Urban Meyer, then Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop have to go. The offensive play calling and schemes are putrid, the WR's are completely useless and the O-Line has not improved at all, ever since Warhop got here. This team is completely unwatchable. After seeing Atlanta play on Thursday, I thought we'd at least have a chance to beat the Falcons. Man, was I wrong. This offense couldn't beat a pee-wee football team.

yet we beat Buffalo

(11-21-2021, 09:06 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Other than a injured RB and a potential QB, everyone on offense is replaceable. This is the most inept, untalented, and poorly coached offense in franchise history. I wish I trusted the Jaguars owner but his hires suck and they demonstrate nothing to give the fan base hope.

The entire off-season did zip to help out the rookie QB. How do you give these losers another chance at anything?

We are going to #becausejaguars Trevor and it is going to hurt.I am wondering if I live to see this team being capable of scoring let alone winning.

I think you might want to rewatch last season's games