Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the 49ers Game

Impressions from this game is the same as all the others..

As long as Urban Meyer is the Head Coach here, this franchise will stay a loser. Dude has been here for over 10 months now and hasn't brought even 1 positive to this franchise. It's only been negative and regression.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-21-2021, 06:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 06:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The one thing I saw in the game that was a positive was when they let Trevor run the hurry up he looked better.

I didn't see anything in this game that looked specifically to be his fault, mostly just him starting behind the chains from a pre snap penalty or stuffed run, but maybe if he had great recognition and anticipation he could have done better. It's hard to say.

It's hard to get a read on a young QB when he's constantly being made to play from behind and behind schedule. He's athletic and strong, but he needs more help on and off the field.
(emphasis added)

I'm glad you brought this up.

Soon I will have a thread on this topic.  Short version:  you are absolutely right on this point.
Same thing could have been said for Gabbert, Bortels, Minshew but they did not have the talent of Lawrence so blame the QB. out of the 4 of them Minshew showed to be the most ready for NFL of all of them their rookiee years.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:39 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-21-2021, 10:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 07:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: While I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, teams are turning up the blitz because none of the Jags receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage. If the Jags had a Tyreek Hill type, teams wouldn’t be able to blitz as often for fear of getting beat deep. There isn’t a single Jags receiver that threatens the deep ball. Not one.

It’s an overall mess with blame placed on everyone, Trevor included. However I’m quick to not place blame on a rookie QB with the worst HC, a bad OC and the worst supporting cast in the NFL (outside of the Lions).

so now it's urban's fault we don't have good wide receivers lol.... Even though the fan base thought we were fine at wide receiver.... I remember the draft posts where people were complaining that we don't need a wide receiver we need a pass rusher or offensive line player.... so now that chark is down... and the other wide receivers can't catch it's urban's fault.... dude not everything is urban's fault... I'm not 100% sold on urban but I'm smart enough not to blame everything on him... that would be stupid

(11-21-2021, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: I got the impression that Urbs don’t wanna coach in the NFL anymore

lmao

(11-21-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Khan insist on keeping Urban Meyer, then Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop have to go. The offensive play calling and schemes are putrid, the WR's are completely useless and the O-Line has not improved at all, ever since Warhop got here. This team is completely unwatchable. After seeing Atlanta play on Thursday, I thought we'd at least have a chance to beat the Falcons. Man, was I wrong. This offense couldn't beat a pee-wee football team.

yet we beat Buffalo

(11-21-2021, 09:06 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Other than a injured RB and a potential QB, everyone on offense is replaceable. This is the most inept, untalented, and poorly coached offense in franchise history. I wish I trusted the Jaguars owner but his hires suck and they demonstrate nothing to give the fan base hope.

The entire off-season did zip to help out the rookie QB. How do you give these losers another chance at anything?

We are going to #becausejaguars Trevor and it is going to hurt.I am wondering if I live to see this team being capable of scoring let alone winning.

I think you might want to rewatch last season's games

You quote me here with “lmao”.  

Yet in another thread, you quote me after saying that I still watch all 60:00 of the game and tell me to keep the course.  

What gives? Am I a true fan or not?  Not that I need any affirmation, just wondering where you are at? You seem pretty high on Meyer. Should the rest of us be as well? If so, why? What has he done for us to be on board?

My observation is i am over this losing. It has gotten to that point where the product has become that bad. Uninterstingly boringly bad.

I am just numb from all the losing.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 01:00 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just prior to the 2 minute warning in the first half it was 2nd down and we were in field goal range. I was looking for a run to be called to either get us to the 2 minute warning or to force a 49ers timeout. The play was instead an incomplete pass that stopped the clock at 2:05 or whatever it was. I felt strongly at the time that that play call mistake would cost us 3 points and it ultimately did. The 49ers would very likely have not gotten that FG before the half had a run been called there. The points didn’t affect the outcome, but it is an(other) example of horrible situational awareness by Urban. Even if Bevell called that play, Urban is responsible for not overriding it.

All this stuff mentioned is legitimate, there’s absolutely no discipline on this team. Am I the only one who noticed the delay of game because our punter wasn’t on the field? There’s absolutely no excuse for that.

(11-21-2021, 10:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 07:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: While I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, teams are turning up the blitz because none of the Jags receivers can beat 1 on 1 coverage. If the Jags had a Tyreek Hill type, teams wouldn’t be able to blitz as often for fear of getting beat deep. There isn’t a single Jags receiver that threatens the deep ball. Not one.

It’s an overall mess with blame placed on everyone, Trevor included. However I’m quick to not place blame on a rookie QB with the worst HC, a bad OC and the worst supporting cast in the NFL (outside of the Lions).

so now it's urban's fault we don't have good wide receivers lol.... Even though the fan base thought we were fine at wide receiver.... I remember the draft posts where people were complaining that we don't need a wide receiver we need a pass rusher or offensive line player.... so now that chark is down... and the other wide receivers can't catch it's urban's fault.... dude not everything is urban's fault... I'm not 100% sold on urban but I'm smart enough not to blame everything on him... that would be stupid

(11-21-2021, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: I got the impression that Urbs don’t wanna coach in the NFL anymore

lmao

(11-21-2021, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Khan insist on keeping Urban Meyer, then Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop have to go. The offensive play calling and schemes are putrid, the WR's are completely useless and the O-Line has not improved at all, ever since Warhop got here. This team is completely unwatchable. After seeing Atlanta play on Thursday, I thought we'd at least have a chance to beat the Falcons. Man, was I wrong. This offense couldn't beat a pee-wee football team.

yet we beat Buffalo

(11-21-2021, 09:06 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Other than a injured RB and a potential QB, everyone on offense is replaceable. This is the most inept, untalented, and poorly coached offense in franchise history. I wish I trusted the Jaguars owner but his hires suck and they demonstrate nothing to give the fan base hope.

The entire off-season did zip to help out the rookie QB. How do you give these losers another chance at anything?

We are going to #becausejaguars Trevor and it is going to hurt.I am wondering if I live to see this team being capable of scoring let alone winning.

I think you might want to rewatch last season's games

Are you ignorant? Did you even watch the Buffalo game? The defense won that game for us, specifically Josh Allen. The offense did absolutely NOTHING! Lawrence only threw for 118 yards. That's the stats of a high school QB. The WR's were/still can't get separation and were/are dropping passes right and left. Carlos Hyde only averaged 3.2 yards per carry on 21 carries in that game. The O-Line was committing the same stupid penalties in that game that they committed in game one of the season and that they are still making today. The end result does not reflect on how pathetic this offense has played. Anyone with a working set of eyes can see this. The complete ineptness of this offense can be directly laid at the feet of Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop. Urban Meyer chose these coaches. He drafted players that can't even win starting roles on a team that was 1-15 the previous season. He brought in free agents that are playing like crap. You sound like Meyer's mother the way you shift all the blame off him, the front office and the coaches. You have to be trolling. No one can be this clueless.

Is TLaw calling the blitz at the line under centre or is he in shotgun 80% of the time, letting the line pick up their own blitz assignments? It TLaw shifting WRs at the line to change routes/matchups based on the defense setup and personnel?

I'll answer for you: he is not. We continue to have the situation that the play called is the play run. As called. No adjustments based on what is presented by the defense. TLaw is still unable to read the zones being presented and is the worst at calling the blitz. He must learn these things. And until he does the Jags will increasingly struggle. Teams improve as the season progresses and everyone knows what works and doesn't against TLaw.

Shottenheimer is square in the gun sights at this point. He's got a franchise QB under his tutelage who is failing to develop game management skills. Failing so badly that the team is considering regressing to a college offense which at least TLaw can manage. Someone who can turn the frog into a prince is needed ASAP. Shotts has got two more weeks, max, is my guess.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 02:55 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2021, 02:46 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Is TLaw calling the blitz at the line under centre or is he in shotgun 80% of the time, letting the line pick up their own blitz assignments? It TLaw shifting WRs at the line to change routes/matchups based on the defense setup and personnel?

I'll answer for you: he is not. We continue to have the situation that the play called is the play run. As called. No adjustments based on what is presented by the defense. TLaw is still unable to read the zones being presented and is the worst at calling the blitz. He must learn these things. And until he does the Jags will increasingly struggle. Teams improve as the season progresses and everyone knows what works and doesn't against TLaw.

Shottenheimer is square in the gun sights at this point. He's got a franchise QB under his tutelage who is failing to develop game management skills. Failing so badly that the team is considering regressing to a college offense which at least TLaw can manage. Someone who can turn the frog into a prince is needed ASAP. Shotts has got two more weeks, max, is my guess.

Hate to say, but I'm seeing the same thing. No adjustments at the line. Will this come in time? Who knows. It'll be telling when we play the division for the 2nd time and whether or not we see any improvement or regression. We may be seeing the 1st signs of the 'rookie wall'.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Lawrence continuing to prove my doubts coming into the draft.. but in fairness, he also isn't getting much help.

His rookie numbers thusfar as about on par with Blaine Gabbert and easily worse than Blake Bortles.. Blake Bortles had a worse O line, 3 rookie WRs and Tj Yeldon/Jordan Todman so let's hold the "who had more talent around them" argument for a bit.

He needs to show up.

I know we all love to blame coaching season after season and there not blameless we were 1-15 last year, the coach and gm said they didn’t want to spend to cap until year 3, (when play offs are actually realistic ) you can’t expect a huge jump from 1-15 with a rookie qb and still the very poor roster we had last year. As I say I know the coaches are not blameless but we have a rookie qb, 2 back up lineman an injured rb and the worse wide receiver group in the league and before I here people say the coaches put this wr group together that maybe so but every beat writer and majority of people on this forum were excited in training camp about the wideouts wondering how we were gonna be able to cut them all

(11-22-2021, 03:11 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lawrence continuing to prove my doubts coming into the draft.. but in fairness, he also isn't getting much help.

His rookie numbers thusfar as about on par with Blaine Gabbert and easily worse than Blake Bortles.. Blake Bortles had a worse O line, 3 rookie WRs and Tj Yeldon/Jordan Todman so let's hold the "who had more talent around them" argument for a bit.

He needs to show up.

Your doubts are validated because he got stuck with the worst possible head coach. Even with Marrone and Gruden he would be better than this. Meyer already broke our shiny, new toy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2021, 05:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 03:11 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lawrence continuing to prove my doubts coming into the draft.. but in fairness, he also isn't getting much help.

He needs to show up.

Your doubts are validated because he got stuck with the worst possible head coach. Even with Marrone and Gruden he would be better than this. Meyer already broke our shiny, new toy.

Not the biggest fan of Urban Meyer but watching this team play it's hard to think any coach would get much out of this team. Assuming Urban Meyer did the GMs job during the draft/free agency than I would tend to agree with you that he's a problem. But it's with personel more than anything and given Balkes draft history and the way we approached the draft it felt more like he was the guy calling the shots.

(11-22-2021, 06:43 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 05:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your doubts are validated because he got stuck with the worst possible head coach. Even with Marrone and Gruden he would be better than this. Meyer already broke our shiny, new toy.

Not the biggest fan of Urban Meyer but watching this team play it's hard to think any coach would get much out of this team. Assuming Urban Meyer did the GMs job during the draft/free agency than I would tend to agree with you that he's a problem. But it's with personel more than anything and given Balkes draft history and the way we approached the draft it felt more like he was the guy calling the shots.

You do know that Meyer makes the final call, don't you? Baalke is just a figurehead that answers to Meyer. That's why Baalke was hired after Meyer was. It didn't matter who the GM was gonna be once Meyer was on board. We just needed to hire someone who would agree to be Meyer's "yes man" and Baalke was already here and agreed to it. No other qualified GM candidate was gonna agree to such terms.

(11-22-2021, 05:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your doubts are validated because he got stuck with the worst possible head coach. Even with Marrone and Gruden he would be better than this. Meyer already broke our shiny, new toy.

Talent deficits are definitely a big issue but more concerning are the mistakes that can be attributed to discipline and preparation. Players making technique errors repeatedly or not getting lined up right or being on the field when they're supposed to by this point of the season is crazy. Players have to take some responsibility but coaches need to make sure the team is functioning too and they're not.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It is funny to call me out by bringing up last year. Yeah I watched. I have been watching since 1996. The only reason I missed the 1995 season was because I was forward deployed for the year and we didn't have all the resources we do now.

Last year's team was awful and meandering but the one win was well played and executed. Miami and Buffalo gave those games away. Look at the scores last year, they actual put up points. This is a regressing team.

I do understand the injuries and their impact but come on watch the team. Khan is not a good owner.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Another one of these clowns  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Then why does the NFL even have head coaches if they don't even matter that much?

This is such a bad excuse for bad coaching. Sanjay Lal is terrible. Warhop is terrible. Urban is terrible. Cullen is the only respectable one out of the bunch.

And Urban is 100% calling the shots when it comes to player acquisition.

Next year this team needs to spend to the cap. Get some actual talent out there. I don’t care if you have to trade away draft picks to get it (ideally not), but we need some actual stud NFL players besides Josh Allen.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 11:12 AM by Mikey.)

(11-21-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: With TLaw amongst the worst performing QBs against the zone and the worst performing against the blitz, it's no wonder that the Jag's face zoned, blitz happy defenses.  The simple fact is that TLaw needs to learn to read zones, sus the blitzes and start hitting WRs on quick slants.  It would help if the WRs could hold onto passes that hit them in the hands, of course.

But teams are turning the pressure up to 11 because they know that TLaw is not able to make his decisions fast enough in tight windows.  TLaw's development need is 100% before the ball is snapped.  He's in shotgun so often because he can't pick the play under center.  Shotgun gives him three extra steps to see what develops, but then it gives the defense less to worry about, particularly from the running game.

They're turning up pressure because our run game is nonexistent. We are so mismanaged.

(11-21-2021, 08:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't think our line is that bad. I do think our offense is pretty crappy. They pulled in the reigns on TL too much. Let the dude get INT's. Don't let him get hit. That's all I care about.

hear, hear!

(11-22-2021, 02:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 10:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: yet we beat Buffalo

Are you ignorant? Did you even watch the Buffalo game? The defense won that game for us, specifically Josh Allen. The offense did absolutely NOTHING! Lawrence only threw for 118 yards. That's the stats of a high school QB. The WR's were/still can't get separation and were/are dropping passes right and left. Carlos Hyde only averaged 3.2 yards per carry on 21 carries in that game. The O-Line was committing the same stupid penalties in that game that they committed in game one of the season and that they are still making today. The end result does not reflect on how pathetic this offense has played. Anyone with a working set of eyes can see this. The complete ineptness of this offense can be directly laid at the feet of Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, Sanjay Lal and George Warhop. Urban Meyer chose these coaches. He drafted players that can't even win starting roles on a team that was 1-15 the previous season. He brought in free agents that are playing like crap. You sound like Meyer's mother the way you shift all the blame off him, the front office and the coaches. You have to be trolling. No one can be this clueless.

I'd also argue that Buffalo lost that game more than we won it. I think they had more penalty yards than TLaw had passing yards.