Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I will say tho..

Not that Kadarius Toney has been anything special this season for the Giants, At least to Urbans credit we definitely did need an offensive playmaker more so than a defender in that spot like most of us thought. Our offense is putrid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh please.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2021, 05:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh please.

Toney clearly wasn't the choice to make. ETN probably not either but it's clear without doubt at this point its the offense that needed the help. You disagree? Trevor isn't a generational talent like some people with an IQ over 5 knew from the start.. he's not Andrew Lucking his way into wins with no body on the team. So at this point, what do you think would have been the move at 25? Definitely not that bum DT everyone wanted (Barmore)

We need a Cordarelle Patterson or Deebo Samuel. I think Etienne was supposed to be that guy.

The staff totally over-estimated the quality of the WR group in the off season. They are terrible. Etienne would have been a nice addition, but would not have been the core answer this season to solving the inept offense.

We cannot say ETN was a bad choice. He has never played a snap. We need a true WR1 and Toney is not that. Hopefully we pick someone up in the offseason. I know I am dreaming but Devante Adams would be nice....

(11-22-2021, 06:40 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Toney clearly wasn't the choice to make. ETN probably not either but it's clear without doubt at this point its the offense that needed the help. You disagree? Trevor isn't a generational talent like some people with an IQ over 5 knew from the start.. he's not Andrew Lucking his way into wins with no body on the team. So at this point, what do you think would have been the move at 25? Definitely not that bum DT everyone wanted (Barmore)

Barmore is playing pretty well. We could have done much worse.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Toney is a beast, I would of been totally fine with him. Once the Giants figure out how to use Toney he is going to be big time. His change of direction is elite.

(11-22-2021, 07:40 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: We need a Cordarelle Patterson or Deebo Samuel. I think Etienne was supposed to be that guy.

What we needed was:

OT, TE, WR2, WR3, RB2

What we got was:
RB2 chosen too early - quickly injured,
a project pick at OT that isn't an upgrade so far, 
a bunch of nothing at WR save another conversion project with inconsistent hands, 
and a complete and utter mockery of an attempt to field a receiving TE until well into the regular season, and that isn't working very well either.

(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 07:40 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: We need a Cordarelle Patterson or Deebo Samuel. I think Etienne was supposed to be that guy.

What we needed was:

OT, TE, WR2, WR3, RB2

What we got was:
a bunch of nothing at WR save another conversion project with inconsistent hands, 
and a complete and utter mockery of an attempt to field a receiving TE until well into the regular season, and that isn't working very well either.

after the usual result yesterday .... I agree.
Also doubt any off season help will come.
Only hope is the bunch not screwing up the draft again.  Cry
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

What we needed was:

OT, TE, WR2, WR3, RB2

What we got was:

I dunno. I though Chark, Jones, and Viska was gonna be a good trip. Chark got hurt Viska regressed.

But if we had went Asante at 25 and Dickerson, Jenkins or Eichenberg at 33 we could have grabbed Friermuth at 45 and our entire team is better off. Asante > Campbell, any of those other OL guys probably add more depth or talent than Little and Taylor at RT, and Friermuth better than Anything we have at TE.

Hindsight surely but I feel like a lot of us wanted some of these guys. And all of us knew we needed to upgrade positions not named running back with those early picks.

(11-22-2021, 02:08 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What we needed was:

OT, TE, WR2, WR3, RB2

What we got was:

I dunno. I though Chark, Jones, and Viska was gonna be a good trip. Chark got hurt Viska regressed.

But if we had went Asante at 25 and Dickerson, Jenkins or Eichenberg at 33 we could have grabbed Friermuth at 45 and our entire team is better off. Asante > Campbell, any of those other OL guys probably add more depth or talent than Little and Taylor at RT, and Friermuth better than Anything we have at TE.

Hindsight surely but I feel like a lot of us wanted some of these guys. And all of us knew we needed to upgrade positions not named running back with those early picks.

They should have known from the get-go how to use Viska. They didn't. 
He should be a hybrid with his own package of plays. 

Chark going down hurt everything, and he'd be a big help right now. 
Jones is a fine piece if he's not the primary, but he's stuck as the only semi-dependable route runner right now.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 04:24 PM by Craigukjag.)

I agree the team should know how to use viska better but the quick throws to him become much more difficult with our chark or any other deep threat the whole defence squats on every play and makes it very condensed , every snap for the jags is essentially a red zone play because we have no deep threat

Toney was taken before we picked at 25. We should of taken Elijah Moore with our 3rd pick

Viska should be lining up as RB/Wr hybrid. Honestly, he might be better as a good pass catching RB than a receiver.

The Saints are up against the cap for a 2nd straight year, in the same way we got Malcolm Brown for a late round pick just so they could shed salary, I think that Michael Thomas is the guy that Urban's coveting. His ankle is likely healthy as he announced he wasn't going to play the remainder of the season THE DAY AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE!! This after he said he wasn't going to play for the saints over the summer pre ankle surgery. Given Urban's history with him at Ohio State, and our need for a true #1 with sure hands to help Trevor. I think that this likely happens over the off-season.

I think a framework of: Jaguars 2nd rounder (projected to be #35 overall), Laviska Shenault, and som mid-late rounder(s) or other cheap but effective player to help the Saints stay competitive with their unique budget constraints under the cap. That probably gets the deal done as Thomas likely has played his last down for them and given his health and antics the past few years (which I don't see recurring under Urban as shocking as that sounds) I don't see him commanding more in return on the trade and the Saints need to trade him to be competitive.

The question is do Jags fans want to see this happen. I really dont see us drafting the weapon we need for Lawrence in this years class at least not as the class looks right now; and I don't see much out there in terms of Free Agency. I think the most likely way to add true talent on O is to trade for it. I think that a trade for a WR could spark the jags rebuild like the Diggs trade did for Josh Allen & Buffalo.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 07:11 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(11-22-2021, 08:17 AM)ATLjag Wrote: The staff totally over-estimated the quality of the WR group in the off season.  They are terrible.  Etienne would have been a nice addition, but would not have been the core answer this season to solving the inept offense.

I think most of us did. I was extremely wrong about Shenault, he's buns. Chark I still think is just a guy with speed who had a good season out of 4. Marvin Jones is good but not a #1. I think going hard after Davante Adams would be a nice start this offseason.

(11-22-2021, 12:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 06:40 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Toney clearly wasn't the choice to make. ETN probably not either but it's clear without doubt at this point its the offense that needed the help. You disagree? Trevor isn't a generational talent like some people with an IQ over 5 knew from the start.. he's not Andrew Lucking his way into wins with no body on the team. So at this point, what do you think would have been the move at 25? Definitely not that bum DT everyone wanted (Barmore)

Barmore is playing pretty well.  We could have done much worse.

Can't say I'd agree that he's playing well. Maybe more useful than ETN on the IR I guess but he was highly overrated.

What we needed was:

OT, TE, WR2, WR3, RB2

What we got was:

Hindsights 20/20 obviously. But if I had a time machine I wish we would have dumped our FA cap into OL/TE.

Andrew Luck played a pro style system at Stanford his whole time with all the checks and everything. So none if that was new for him compared to Trevor and the Clemson's system that is much more spread. Also, Luck's rookie was Reggie Wayne's last great season and TY Hilton's rookie year. Both of whom were better at that time any Jags WR pair since Keenan and Jimmy. (Yes, I'm excluding the fluke Bortles/A-Rob year because that was all garbage time fluff).

What you are seeing is that the NFL requires at least some talent in every position group and some sort of scheme/identity on defense/offense. If you are worst in the league at any position group, it will kill any chance your team has, and WR has become way more important than it use to be even 5 or 10 years ago.

Jags have the worst WR group in the league and it is showing. Detroit is right there too, and they haven't won a game. Titans just had horrible WR unit on Sunday after AJ Brown's injury and got smoked by the Texans.

Just because he has struggled this year, doesn't mean Lawrence cannot be a generational player.

I will never get some Jag fans obsession with trying to prove that the QB of your supposedly favorite team is not a generational talent

I'm reminded of all the people around here tripping over themselves to call Josh Allen a bust before he proved them all wrong