Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I will say tho..

(11-22-2021, 08:17 AM)ATLjag Wrote: The staff totally over-estimated the quality of the WR group in the off season.  They are terrible.  Etienne would have been a nice addition, but would not have been the core answer this season to solving the inept offense.

100% agree but unlike other HCs in the past i think Meyer understands the need for speed at that position and will address it this offseason

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2021, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm reminded of all the people around here tripping over themselves to call Josh Allen a bust before he proved them all wrong

It only took 3+ years. And some of us just called him trash not a bust and really a lot of my intrepidity about Allen was taking him so high for him to need so much work.

One could say TLaw is also playing like trash right now. But Trevor has made throws I never saw from Allen his first two year. Allen wasn't praised as a generational talent though.... We expected more from Trevor early I feel. 

I firmly believe Allen wasn't good and worked on his craft to become better. I think Trevor is good and is more handicapped by a bad roster and terrible coaches

(11-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm reminded of all the people around here tripping over themselves to call Josh Allen a bust before he proved them all wrong

It only took 3+ years. And some of us just called him trash not a bust and really a lot of my intrepidity about Allen was taking him so high for him to need so much work.

One could say TLaw is also playing like trash right now. But Trevor has made throws I never saw from Allen his first two year. Allen wasn't praised as a generational talent though.... We expected more from Trevor early I feel. 

I firmly believe Allen wasn't good and worked on his craft to become better. I think Trevor is good and is more handicapped by a bad roster and terrible coaches

The common denominator is elite level "arm talent" paired with prototypical size yet a degree of rawness. It fits both prospects.  Allen was simply more raw. 

The arm talent thing is an overused and kind-of silly term, but it applies in this instance - and every analyst from here to Bangladesh used it to describe Allen prior to that draft. He was highly touted in that department as was/is Trevor.

I’m all for Michael Thomas coming here, but don’t stop there.

(11-23-2021, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: It only took 3+ years. And some of us just called him trash not a bust and really a lot of my intrepidity about Allen was taking him so high for him to need so much work.

The common denominator is elite level "arm talent" paired with prototypical size yet a degree of rawness. It fits both prospects.  Allen was simply more raw. 

The arm talent thing is an overused and kind-of silly term, but it applies in this instance - and every analyst from here to Bangladesh used it to describe Allen prior to that draft. He was highly touted in that department as was/is Trevor.

Yeah and both showed quite a bit of accuracy issues in their rookie years so here's hoping Trevor has a similar path. Though I'd hope his turnaround is a little quicker.

(11-23-2021, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: It only took 3+ years. And some of us just called him trash not a bust and really a lot of my intrepidity about Allen was taking him so high for him to need so much work.

LOL Josh Allens arm is on a completely different level than Trevors dude.

(11-23-2021, 01:38 PM)Newton Wrote: I’m all for Michael Thomas coming here, but don’t stop there.

Id trade for Thomas and go all out for Godwin, of course if Adams is out of the picture.  Then select Evan Neal in the first and we are getting somewhere

(11-22-2021, 08:17 AM)ATLjag Wrote: The staff totally over-estimated the quality of the WR group in the off season.  They are terrible.  Etienne would have been a nice addition, but would not have been the core answer this season to solving the inept offense.

A lot of us overestimated the wr group.

(11-23-2021, 01:38 PM)Newton Wrote: I’m all for Michael Thomas coming here, but don’t stop there.

We already have a possession receiver, I wouldn't spend much
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-23-2021, 05:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Like who? Thomas can move the chains, we don't have someone who can do that

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 11:55 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-23-2021, 05:06 PM)Jag88 Wrote:

A lot of us overestimated the wr group.

We had no way of knowing that our #1 receiver would be lost for the year in the 4th game.  After that, yes, it appears we overestimated them.  It didn't seem unreasonable at the time that an early 2nd rounder from just the prior year might improve.  Instead, he regressed.  Another rookie from the prior year also regressed.  We then had a number of low cost options where it seemed likely that someone would emerge,  if not as a good receiver, at least as a competent receiver.  They didn't.  The bottom line is that many of us did overestimate them.  I also wouldn't waste a minute thinking about firing our wide receiver's coach.  Ever receiver (except maybe Agnew) regressed under him.

(11-23-2021, 05:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

I can't speak for what Michael Thomas would be in 2021-2022 because we haven't seen much of him lately. But to call him a "possesion wr" or even closely compare him to Marvin Jones is laughable. The man was 100+ catches a year constantly, he's a bit more than just a posession guy.