Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players in the AFC South that have always given us trouble

Outside of the obvious few like Peyton Manning and JJ Watt, who are some other players who have given us trouble in the past? And for non-Jaguars fans, who are some less notable Jags players that have always had big games or big plays against your favorite team?

Bob Sanders comes to mind as a guy who was absolute kryptonite to the Taylor/MJD running attack. He is probably my favorite divisional player ever and I hate the way his career ended. Such is the violent nature of the game

As far as Jaguars players that seemed to come up big exclusively on AFC South opponents, George Wrighster always came to play against Indy for some reason.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Eddie George. I hated that dude running against us. Had some good games/some bad games but would always get that one carry to extend a drive.

16 games/1266 yards/10TDs. Dude was a hammer

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

DeAndre Hopkins. No need to explain.

Delanie Walker, although that may have more to do with our inability to cover ANY tight end more than anything else.

Then there's Andre Johnson...man he used to torch us

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Then there's Andre Johnson...man he used to torch us

I did not list him because the topic is players who always gave us a hard time. He is still playing and did nothing to us as a Colt.

Wycheck. Jerk

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 08:06 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:Wycheck. Jerk
I second this choice. It seemed like every time the tacks had a 3rd and long Wycheck was somehow running free though the middle of our defense.

Honorable mention to Samari Rolle. Probably made a career of picking off Brunell in the end zone. Hated that guy.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I second this choice. It seemed like every time the tacks had a 3rd and long Wycheck was somehow running free though the middle of our defense.

Honorable mention to Samari Rolle. Probably made a career of picking off Brunell in the end zone. Hated that guy.

Was he also the guy who picked off David Garrard's first pass?

Quote:Wycheck. Jerk

Quote:I second this choice. It seemed like every time the tacks had a 3rd and long Wycheck was somehow running free though the middle of our defense.

Not to mention he was the guy that threw the illegal forward pass at the end of the game against Buffalo in the 99 wildcard playoffs round that the refs bungled.

Quote:Not to mention he was the guy that threw the illegal forward pass at the end of the game against Buffalo in the 99 wildcard playoffs round that the refs bungled.

It was not an illegal forward pass.

Derrick Mason

Brooks Reed

Chris Brown (texans rb)

Nate Washington

Keith Bullock

2 games does not a career make. 22 games and Johnson has torched us for 136 receptions, 1870 yards and 8 TDs.

Dude had our number. I'm not basing my opinion, which is also what your view is, an OPINION of two games at the tail end of his career.

Quote:I did not list him because the topic is players who always gave us a hard time. He is still playing and did nothing to us as a Colt.

Reggie Wayne.  Ugh....the Reggie Nelson "patty cake" affair.

22 games 145 receptions/2028yrds/7TDs

Quote:Not to mention he was the guy that threw the illegal forward pass at the end of the game against Buffalo in the 99 wildcard playoffs round that the refs bungled.
Ugh thanks for reminding me, I had almost drank enough to forget about that. Welp, back to the bourbon. 

I refuse to participate in this thread as I don't have anywhere near enough liquor at hand to help me cope emotionally.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:2 games does not a career make. 22 games and Johnson has torched us for 136 receptions, 1870 yards and 8 TDs.

Dude had our number. I'm not basing my opinion, which is also what your view is, an OPINION of two games at the tail end of his career.

It is a fact, not an opinion, that "always" would include Andre Johnson's two games against us with the Colts. "Always" means every single time, no exceptions.

Hopkins first game against Jacksonville resulted in a stat line of 1 catch for 8 yards in a 13-6 loss.

Quote:DeAndre Hopkins. No need to explain.

Quote:I did not list him because the topic is players who always gave us a hard time. He is still playing and did nothing to us as a Colt.

Quote:It is a fact, not an opinion, that "always" would include Andre Johnson's two games against us with the Colts. "Always" means every single time, no exceptions.

Hopkins 2nd game in his 2nd season he had 2 receptions for 5 yards.

Wow....Hopkins sure has ALWAYS stuck it to us.