Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The redshirts are coming....next year

The redshirt season of 2021 is one of the weirdest things that has ever been witnessed in American professional sports history. It started when the teams second first round pick, RB Travis Etienne incurred a foot injury that had him miss the year. Talented UDFA LB was placed on the non football IR for the year very early on giving him time with this training er performance staff to get back to 100%. Edge rusher Jordan Smith was the third player seemingly to be granted his redshirt before the season began. Safety Andre Cisco, LT Walker Little and DT Jay Tufele have received very negligible playing time thought the first 10 games of the year and Tufele is currently injured.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My experience is that when your big hope is that the same players will have a different result the following year, you are in trouble.  Your best argument is ETN because he is injured,  but injuries are part of the game.  Someone else will be injured next year.  Most of the others aren't playing because of poor performance.  Yes, young players sometimes improve but it also  isn't uncommon for players who suck to continue to suck. Let's hope for the best, but let's also not delude ourselves.  We need a new GM/HC.

Well, on the positive side, looks like we're going to be drafting in the top 3.  

Bad part is, with our luck, whoever we draft will end up being another bust anyway.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 01:07 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2021, 11:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: My experience is that when your big hope is that the same players will have a different result the following year, you are in trouble.  Your best argument is ETN because he is injured,  but injuries are part of the game.  Someone else will be injured next year.  Most of the others aren't playing because of poor performance.  Yes, young players sometimes improve but it also  isn't uncommon for players who suck to continue to suck. Let's hope for the best, but let's also not delude ourselves.  We need a new GM/HC.

How do we know that though? They aren't playing in games so we aren't seeing if they can perform or not. 

Campbell has been a mess for the majority of the season, yet he's still playing and his performance has been bad so I don't really buy that.

As far as practice goes, with the way the rules are now, they limit what you can do in practices this far into the season. They're just basically walk throughs at this point so there's no way they can see them perform there either.

It's just another huge bust by this coaching staff. Now is the time to see what you have in your rookies. We aren't winning anything. It's now all about evaluating your rookies (should have been weeks ago in some cases) and seeing what you have in them.

This team is too bad and lacks too much talent to go into another season without knowing what you might have in this year's rookie class. And if you want to make the argument that the rookies aren't good enough to beat out other players, great. Just another reason to fire Urban and Baalke because they're trash at evaluating talent, along with everything else they do.

All the kids should be on the field at this point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This is the time to play all of those rookies.

Can't have any confidence in their development with this staff though...

(11-22-2021, 11:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: My experience is that when your big hope is that the same players will have a different result the following year, you are in trouble.  Your best argument is ETN because he is injured,  but injuries are part of the game.  Someone else will be injured next year.  Most of the others aren't playing because of poor performance.  Yes, young players sometimes improve but it also  isn't uncommon for players who suck to continue to suck. Let's hope for the best, but let's also not delude ourselves.  We need a new GM/HC.

this.

We've been trying to plug guys like Viska and Agnew into the same hole that Etienne was supposed to fill, and can we honestly say that it's a difference maker? The drop in talent from Etienne to Agnew is not THAT drastic, and I refuse to rest my hopes on a few gimmicky plays to turn things around.

Looks like we have already won next year's off-season.

Banana

Whatever gets you through the Urb Error. If they learn from this year's mistakes, who knows we may actual show progress next year. Well probably not. This draft sucked because this brain trust sucks. They took an awful offense and actual made it worse with a prototypical QB with a quick release.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Ahhh yes... Next year

Jay Tufele has been activated for today’s week 13 matchup against the LA Rams.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(12-05-2021, 04:40 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Jay Tufele has been activated for today’s week 13 matchup against the LA Rams.

and he'll probably only play like 8 snaps

I don't get Cisco not seeing snaps, Little has seen some action, and I can understand why 4th round picks and below aren't seeing much of the rotation. I just refuse to believe that Wingard is so superior of an option that Cisco isn't even getting snaps in relief to give him a breather or in big nickel packages where we put Ford on the field instead of him.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-05-2021, 05:06 PM)Firesky Wrote: I don't get Cisco not seeing snaps, Little has seen some action, and I can understand why 4th round picks and below aren't seeing much of the rotation. I just refuse to believe that Wingard is so superior of an option that Cisco isn't even getting snaps in relief to give him a breather or in big nickel packages where we put Ford on the field instead of him.

He's getting snaps

I too would like for Cisco to be getting more snaps.

GM/OC and owner SUCK

(12-05-2021, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 05:06 PM)Firesky Wrote: I don't get Cisco not seeing snaps, Little has seen some action, and I can understand why 4th round picks and below aren't seeing much of the rotation. I just refuse to believe that Wingard is so superior of an option that Cisco isn't even getting snaps in relief to give him a breather or in big nickel packages where we put Ford on the field instead of him.

He's getting snaps

8 snaps in a blowout loss. I believe these fall in the "whoop de frickin doo" category of "snaps".

Let the kid get experience in the washout year. What's the risk, the other team whips us senseless? Oh wait, they were doing that already.

Anybody still on that Wingard > Cisco bull [BLEEP]?

(12-06-2021, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anybody still on that Wingard > Cisco bull [BLEEP]?

Was anyone ever buying that bull [BLEEP]?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2021, 09:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anybody still on that Wingard > Cisco bull [BLEEP]?

Was anyone ever buying that bull [BLEEP]?

We have a legion of Dewey Wingard fans here for some reason