Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prisco and Boselli call this the worst offense in team history!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 12:31 AM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

That is saying something and it's hard to argue. We are the king of suck. 

About 55 mins into video

They also agree Keenan should of been kept at wr coach and prisco believes the offensive staff should be replaced.
https://youtu.be/xlJxs1Bse_U
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 12:24 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

If it continues at this rate for the next 7 games, then I dont see how it wouldnt be the worst, at least as far as scoring and 3rd down efficiency are concerned. I suppose they could pile up garbage time yards in an effort to score those final 2 minute TD's, and that might elevate them to next-to-worst in history.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Prisco said what I have said since draft day. Not take Elijah Moore was a mistake, I dont see how Urbz couldnt see that.

(11-23-2021, 12:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Prisco said what I have said since draft day.  Not take Elijah Moore was a mistake, I dont see how Urbz couldnt see that.

Urbs probably didn't try and recruit him coming out of high school, so he wasn't on his board.

Can we break any records for least points scored ?

Next season the team will over correct and select 4 wrs. Haha

I don't think Trevor will be a top 5 QB honestly. Everyone here knows I knocked him a bit predraft. BUT it would be completely unfair to judge him based on this years performance. Our WRs are terrible, O line is worse than I thought and theres not much you can do there.

(11-23-2021, 07:00 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I don't think Trevor will be a top 5 QB honestly. Everyone here knows I knocked him a bit predraft. BUT it would be completely unfair to judge him based on this years performance. Our WRs are terrible, O line is worse than I thought and theres not much you can do there.

And yet you posted anyway. Do you recall any positive plays this year? Next we will get teams finally have him on tape and are game planning to show how pedestrian he really is as a QB. That is a big nah. What is being revealed is what an absolute disaster this franchise is and how bad Urbs is as a coach.

The coach just lost his chief of staff.  Who the heck has a chief of staff. This team is a disaster starting with the ownership.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-23-2021, 07:00 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I don't think Trevor will be a top 5 QB honestly. Everyone here knows I knocked him a bit predraft. BUT it would be completely unfair to judge him based on this years performance. Our WRs are terrible, O line is worse than I thought and theres not much you can do there.
This all depends on the coaching. The talent, drive, and intangibles are there for Lawrence but can a coach maximize that talent. Mahomes is a freak but he likely wouldn't be as good without Reid.

(11-23-2021, 09:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
This all depends on the coaching. The talent, drive, and intangibles are there for Lawrence but can a coach maximize that talent. Mahomes is a freak but he likely wouldn't be as good without Reid.

Can you imagine what Bellyache would be doing with Trevor Lawrence this year? This franchise makes me sick.

(11-23-2021, 12:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Prisco said what I have said since draft day.  Not take Elijah Moore was a mistake, I dont see how Urbz couldnt see that.

At which pick? #25 instead of Etienne or at #33 instead of Tyson Campbell (i'm not opposed to taking anyone over Campbell there, wasn't high on him to begin with). 

I don't think that Moore would really change much for us, he has speed but is undersized and isn't a good route runner. His hands are alright but not exactly magnets.  I just don't see how Moore really would make a difference. We still can't block worth a lick, and the biggest issue is that every skill player can't catch the ball, the amount of drops is absurd.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(11-23-2021, 09:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Agreed. Everyone is hyping up Mac Jones in the MSM. Mac just lucked out and fell into Belichick's hands in the draft. Mac is talented. Don't get me wrong. However, you don't think Belichick and McDaniels wouldn't have the same exact results or more out of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance or Fields? Not to mention the fact that they spent close to $140M in the off season during free agency to revamp the entire roster with actual talent?

No, nope. It's all Mac. It's all about the player. He's the reason it's all working right now in New England. It's not the fact that Belichick is probably the greatest coach of all time and gets the most out of his roster and coaching staff. Nah. All Mac.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-25-2021, 02:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 09:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This all depends on the coaching. The talent, drive, and intangibles are there for Lawrence but can a coach maximize that talent. Mahomes is a freak but he likely wouldn't be as good without Reid.

Agreed. Everyone is hyping up Mac Jones in the MSM. Mac just lucked out and fell into Belichick's hands in the draft. Mac is talented. Don't get me wrong. However, you don't think Belichick and McDaniels wouldn't have the same exact results or more out of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance or Fields? Not to mention the fact that they spent close to $140M in the off season during free agency to revamp the entire roster with actual talent?

No, nope. It's all Mac. It's all about the player. He's the reason it's all working right now in New England. It's not the fact that Belichick is probably the greatest coach of all time and gets the most out of his roster and coaching staff. Nah. All Mac.

This bolsters my argument to hire Josh McDaniels as HC. Belicheat says he's even learned things from him and his level of preparation is phenomenal. Sure, he was basically an arrogant kid when he fizzled in Denver, but one would think he's grown up a little and learned from his mistakes. I also don't consider it a mark of bad character to back out of an agreement with Robert Irsay, one of the crazier owners.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Its unbelievable that going into the season many thought that it would be the offense trying to win shoot outs.

(11-25-2021, 03:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Its unbelievable that going into the season many thought that it would be the offense trying to win shoot outs.

On paper there were some good pieces in Chark, Viska, Jones, ETN, and JRob. Once the speed guys -- Chark and ETN -- went down, it's become evident that the others don't demand double teams or strike fear in defenses. I think it's that simple.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-25-2021, 03:19 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 03:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Its unbelievable that going into the season many thought that it would be the offense trying to win shoot outs.

On paper there were some good pieces in Chark, Viska, Jones, ETN, and JRob. Once the speed guys -- Chark and ETN -- went down, it's become evident that the others don't demand double teams or strike fear in defenses. I think it's that simple.

Pretty much. They don't fear the passing game because there's nothing there to fear. I still believe that's where coaches earn their paychecks though. Bevell not incorporating more of the RPO we saw against the Bengals, more spread formations, some TE and RB screens and swing plays, etc. 

Just seems like this offense has no identity at all. At some point Bevell has to earn his stripes as a coordinator and figure out a way to sustain drives and start drives with Lawrence and the personnel around him. That, or, Meyer needs to step it the hell up and takeover the football game and start calling it offensively.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I found myself getting a little angry while I was jogging and listening to bevels press conference. This guy acts like hes not doing anything wrong.

It's like getting a brand new toy with no batteries..

Wait..

Wait..

"That’s what she said"

~ Michael from The Office
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-25-2021, 03:19 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I agree it is that simple. Without anyone to stretch the field, the other guys did not have much to work with, since the safeties have zero fear of a deep ball.

I just hope this staff hasn't already ruined Trevor. We have a tendency to do that with QBs that come here.
Here we go again