Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ikem Ekwonu

(11-26-2021, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just turned on the NC game and the 2nd play I see Ekwonu gets beat bad

He needs to move inside to OG.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-26-2021, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 08:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You don't consider speed when assessing WR's?

Oh I consider it.  I think Williams will run a low 4.4 or mid to high 4.3.  Smith didn't even run a 40 so what does that mean for him?  Certain players 40 times doesn't even matter to me when they are fast enough, and Smith was one of those players. One thing I really like about Williams is his kick return ability but we do already have Agnew and they kick it out of bounds most of the time anyway

Smith was an excellent route runner and showed that he had the necessary speed to get open. When you combine those two elements, (route running and decent speed), you can have a big play receiver like Smith was. With Williams, he isn't quite the route runner that Smith was, but he can make up for that with blazing speed. I read where he supposedly has run a sub 4.4/40, but we shall see. 

I agree that certain players' 40 times don't matter, especially if they are very physical and can get a good push off at the line of scrimmage or if they run excellent routes. Chris Carter and Larry Fitzgerald were not fast guys at all, but they were two of the best route runners I have ever seen and they seemingly caught everything thrown their way. Their game was about precision. With other receivers though, they use their speed to just blow by opposing DB's. They may be decent route runners, but their game is more about quickness. They need to be fast.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 04:52 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2021, 11:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh I consider it.  I think Williams will run a low 4.4 or mid to high 4.3.  Smith didn't even run a 40 so what does that mean for him?  Certain players 40 times doesn't even matter to me when they are fast enough, and Smith was one of those players. One thing I really like about Williams is his kick return ability but we do already have Agnew and they kick it out of bounds most of the time anyway

Smith was an excellent route runner and showed that he had the necessary speed to get open. When you combine those two elements, (route running and decent speed), you can have a big play receiver like Smith was. With Williams, he isn't quite the route runner that Smith was, but he can make up for that with blazing speed. I read where he supposedly has run a sub 4.4/40, but we shall see. 

I agree that certain players' 40 times don't matter, especially if they are very physical and can get a good push off at the line of scrimmage or if they run excellent routes. Chris Carter and Larry Fitzgerald were not fast guys at all, but they were two of the best route runners I have ever seen and they seemingly caught everything thrown their way. Their game was about precision. With other receivers though, they use their speed to just blow by opposing DB's. They may be decent route runners, but their game is more about quickness. They need to be fast.

Elam is the only corner to pretty much shut Williams down but he's done it to everyone he's faced this year