Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sextton rarely speaking some truth here. Getting Ugly!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Rock
Bottom"

Yep, that was one of the very few games I've left early.

Early 4th quarter.
I think we decided to punt on a 4th and 8 or 9 at midfield down 20+ points. Very unlikely to convert of course, but a must if they were trying to win the game. If they have given up hope, why should I keep it going?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 08:45 AM by ATLjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

A football game is an entertainment product. Watching your team get slaughtered, again, is not fun. I don't blame the exiters.

I flew in to watch the game and have some fun.

That was not fun.

Left mid-third quarter.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Toe the line yes men finally sharing criticism when rock bottom is hit.

Guys like Sexton amd Boselli are the heroes we need.

I have been a season ticket holder since year one. This is the lowest point I've felt as a fan. Got my remaining tickets up for sale which is a first for me. Don't expect any takers. Rock bottom indeed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-24-2021, 09:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Toe the line yes men finally sharing criticism when rock bottom is hit.

Guys like Sexton amd Boselli are the heroes we need.

Sexton has always been like this, he's notoriously called games with emotion to reflect the state of the franchise, and called out coaches for miserable decisions.

Some notable games - Repeatedly noting that we were playing an overtime game in the preseason (IIRC against Buffalo, where they opted to kick an XP for OT rather than go for two at the end of regulation.)
A Monday nighter against indynoplace where Freeney was just killing us, he was packed up and ready to head home by the third Q. Just completely numb, completely frustrated that they were unable to find any answer.

You can tell these guys care about the franchise, and realize exactly what this futility means for the teams' future. If they don't right the ship darn quick, there may not be anything to save.

(11-24-2021, 09:23 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I have been a season ticket holder since year one. This is the lowest point I've felt as a fan. Got my remaining tickets up for sale which is a first for me. Don't expect any takers. Rock bottom indeed.

My Atlanta ticket is up for sale on Ticketmaster.  Priced to sell.   40% off list price.   I don't think it will sell, so I expect I will have to go to the game.  

How can this franchise survive year after year after year of this?  Eventually, there will be no fans left.

I've only been able to attend two games this year. Haven't been able to sell my tickets unless I sharply discount them.

I'll be there this Sunday with the lowest of expectations.

If this isn't rock bottom, I don't want to know what is.

The home game is getting blacked out again. Its stupid. Sometimes you cant make it to the stadium when you have to drive 2 or more hours, but you still want to watch your team at home.

Really and truly just gutting. Morale in this country is low enough as it is so having a team to root for and look forward to watching every week would be a nice break from all the crazy. Sadly I have to get that from watching other teams. 

#urbandecay

(11-24-2021, 10:49 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The home game is getting blacked out again. Its stupid. Sometimes you cant make it to the stadium when you have to drive 2 or more hours, but you still want to watch your team at home.

What are you talking about? The NFL stopped blackouts almost a decade ago.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-24-2021, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've only been able to attend two games this year. Haven't been able to sell my tickets unless I sharply discount them.

One thing we should know by now: "rock bottom" doesn't exist.  Things can always get worse.

(11-24-2021, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've only been able to attend two games this year. Haven't been able to sell my tickets unless I sharply discount them.

One thing we should know by now: "rock bottom" doesn't exist.  Things can always get worse.

Yeah, when this team hits rock bottom they just grab heavier tools.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 03:35 PM by Kane.)

(11-24-2021, 09:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I flew in to watch the game and have some fun.

That was not fun.

Left mid-third quarter.

Yikes. A trip to Bdubs would have cost left and been less disappointing. And the food there is awful

(11-24-2021, 10:49 AM)Jag88 Wrote: The home game is getting blacked out again. Its stupid. Sometimes you cant make it to the stadium when you have to drive 2 or more hours, but you still want to watch your team at home.

No it's not. You're obviously out of market and no one outside of Jville and the away team market plays Jags games

(11-24-2021, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:23 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I have been a season ticket holder since year one. This is the lowest point I've felt as a fan. Got my remaining tickets up for sale which is a first for me. Don't expect any takers. Rock bottom indeed.

My Atlanta ticket is up for sale on Ticketmaster.  Priced to sell.   40% off list price.   I don't think it will sell, so I expect I will have to go to the game.  

How can this franchise survive year after year after year of this?  Eventually, there will be no fans left.

Every ten years or so we have a 07 or 17 type run and it brings us back in...

Just think... Only 6 more season until we get to the playoffs and lose in the divisional or afccg  Big Grin

Ironically, we'll probably get it in TLH because the local Fox affiliate is obsessed with Failcons games

I can't believe anyone would spend hard earned money to watch this crap!
My sig goes here!

Aside from one season, this is all we've known for the last 10 years or more. Rock bottom? Feels like the same old [BLEEP] to me.

(11-24-2021, 04:07 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Ironically, we'll probably get it in TLH because the local Fox affiliate is obsessed with Failcons games

Tlh?

Total
Loser 
Hell?

I can relate