Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke may be taking blame for some of Khans crap.

Let's not forget that Khan said himself that he was taking a more hands on approach with this team.

They set cap limits and spending limits on players. The way Khan put it this off season, all players signed would have to be approved by him.

Controlling money and restricting how much we spend on players sounds like an owner move. 

Food for thought.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Khan man bad at NFL ownership. Al Bundy was way better
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-24-2021, 12:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Let's not forget that Khan said himself that he was taking a more hands on approach with this team.

They set cap limits and spending limits on players. The way Khan put it this off season, all players signed would have to be approved by him.

Controlling money and restricting how much we spend on players sounds like an owner move. 

Food for thought.

I don't think Urban Meyer would have signed on to a situation like you describe.  So I doubt it.  I know Khan said that, but I think what he meant was he wanted to know every move, not be in charge of personnel.

(11-24-2021, 12:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 12:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Let's not forget that Khan said himself that he was taking a more hands on approach with this team.

Food for thought.

I don't think Urban Meyer would have signed on to a situation like you describe.  So I doubt it.  I know Khan said that, but I think what he meant was he wanted to know every move, not be in charge of personnel.

He did. Khan said multiple times this past off season that he was going to be involved in player acquisitions.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 01:06 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Caldwell, Coughlin, Urban, and Baalke all hand selected by Khan. The reason we suck, is primarily because he hired these people.

Food for thought.

pure speculation 

we have no real info to suggest Urban Meyer and Trent Baalke didn't mangle everything themselves absent of any owner meddling

in fact - the practice facility deal suggests Khan gave them whatever they wanted and not the other way around 

It's not out of bounds to blame Khan for his role in choosing a  horrible f.o. snd staff but let's not just invent bull [BLEEP] to blame him for

(11-24-2021, 01:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 12:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think Urban Meyer would have signed on to a situation like you describe.  So I doubt it.  I know Khan said that, but I think what he meant was he wanted to know every move, not be in charge of personnel.

He did. Khan said multiple times this past off season that he was going to be involved in player acquisitions.

That's not what he said 

He made it clear he didn't want to have a repeat of Coughlin's running roughshod over the whole operation - he also made it clear he wouldn't micromanage 

You are reaching

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 02:14 PM by SamusAranX.)

Urban is the GM in the shadows, baalke is the figurehead. But yes khan could use lessons on football ownership 101

Also this is not in line with rumblings I know of; the future is going to be very different after this off-season in ways many of us won’t expect

When someone (Baalke or Meyer) is going to spend multi-millions of dollars on a player, it is not surprising that Khan, the team owner, may have a sign-off on it. But, I highly doubt he is doing much more than rubber stamping the authorization. I don't blame Khan.

Grasp at any and every straw to deflect the blame from Meyer. It's like listening to one of his pressers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meyer has a paid chief of staff that recently left. Let's not make stuff up or suggest he is cheap. That is a ridiculous luxury for a crappy franchise. I am not a Khan defender but lets stick to facts or close to facts.

Of for [BLEEP] sake... This tool needs his posting privileges revoked at this point. Drivel drivel drivel. It's anybody's fault except the people at fault

(11-24-2021, 02:59 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Meyer has a paid chief of staff that recently left. Let's not make stuff up or suggest he is cheap. That is a ridiculous luxury for a crappy franchise. I am not a Khan defender but lets stick to facts or close to facts.

Nothing Shad Khan has done has been bad except the choices of leaders for his organization. Unfortunately that is also the worst thing an owner can do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 03:46 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-24-2021, 02:59 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Meyer has a paid chief of staff that recently left. Let's not make stuff up or suggest he is cheap. That is a ridiculous luxury for a crappy franchise. I am not a Khan defender but lets stick to facts or close to facts.

So facts are that Khan said this but you choose to ignore it. It's pure speculation that Khan did not do what he said and stayed out of roster acquisitions.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/shad...le-jaguars
Some of you are clowns and want to blame urban for everything.

Food for thought.

There's many ways you could read into that statement. Did it mean he didn't want to blow all our cap on one signing? Did it mean he had a max per year for any one player to earn? Did it mean he didn't want players that had criminal records, refused to get vaccinated, or didn't attend a P5 school?

It implies that he gave Dave carte blanche when it came to FA, and didn't want to afford the new leadership with the same risk (or freedom, depending on how you look at it).

When you have a completely new regime of management, it makes sense for the owner to have some oversight before signing the check. Once they prove they're not abusing the authority you grant them, it's understandable to loosen the leash some.

(11-24-2021, 02:13 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Urban is the GM in the shadows, baalke is the figurehead. But yes khan could use lessons on football ownership 101

Also this is not in line with rumblings I know of; the future is going to be very different after this off-season in ways many of us won’t expect

This sums everything up very accurately. 

[Image: and-thats-the-bottom-line-cause-stone-cold-says-so.png]

(11-24-2021, 03:14 PM)Kane Wrote: Of for [BLEEP] sake... This tool needs his posting privileges revoked at this point. Drivel drivel drivel. It's anybody's fault except the people at fault

unfortunately he'll show up tomorrow, and the board will show 10 replies to the shiny new thread, but he won't see a one of them.