Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban fired (Not Really)

In an alternate universe that happens to be a few months ahead of us, Urban just got canned following the 2-15 season. Shad decides to make a bold but logical move to salvage franchise savior Trevor's career. Since he wanted to save money after buying out Urban's bloated salary, he made a cost-cutting, albeit terrible move to install his son, Tony, to GM (it's something Shad would do in this universe). 

As Tony's childhood friend in this alternate universe, he asks your advice over a round of the latest shoot-em-up video game on whom to interview for the vacant HC role. He asks for your shortlist and throws out some names, like... 

Josh McDaniels
Byron Leftwich
Brian Daboll
Eric Bienemy

Discuss
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: raw]

Stuff me this thread got me exicted for a moment

(11-24-2021, 04:07 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Stuff me this thread got me exicted for a moment

It’s not so far fetched. Jerry Jones could tell him to pull the trigger. That’s his boy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I hate everything about the idea of giving up on a coach after just 1 season..... That's some Browns-esque stuff. No need to indulge in that nonsense.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Content of the thread isn’t terrible but that was a dumb title.

(11-24-2021, 04:20 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: I hate everything about the idea of giving up on a coach after just 1 season..... That's some Browns-esque stuff. No need to indulge in that nonsense.

Go away.

[Image: giphy.gif]
My sig goes here!

(11-24-2021, 04:20 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: I hate everything about the idea of giving up on a coach after just 1 season..... That's some Browns-esque stuff. No need to indulge in that nonsense.

I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.
Hated it too. But now that it's done (another Browns-esque move....), gotta give a fair chance. If there's no Improvement next year, then it starts to make sense to call for.firing the guy. Halfway through one season, is pure lunacy.

That’s where I’m at. I don’t see much room for growth with Urban. That said, he’ll probably resign on his own next year if the losses keep piling up. He doesn’t have the same tolerance for losing as Gus Bradley.

I didn't hate (or love the Meyer hiring)  but now I hate the idea of giving someone who's clearly in over his head anymore time after this season. It would be different had he surrounded himself with competent people who had success in the NFL but he didn't. Time to move on.

(11-24-2021, 04:53 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.
Hated it too. But now that it's done (another Browns-esque move....), gotta give a fair chance. If there's no Improvement next year, then it starts to make sense to call for.firing the guy. Halfway through one season, is pure lunacy.

He's made this team worse than what it was. How much more proof do you need that we're going in the wrong direction? Holding onto coaches and GM's too long is what got us in this mess in the first place.

(11-24-2021, 04:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:53 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Hated it too. But now that it's done (another Browns-esque move....), gotta give a fair chance. If there's no Improvement next year, then it starts to make sense to call for.firing the guy. Halfway through one season, is pure lunacy.

He's made this team worse than what it was. How much more proof do you need that we're going in the wrong direction? Holding onto coaches and GM's too long is what got us in this mess in the first place.

Especially since he's never been a good coach historically. Just a recruiter. And a great conman. He made Khan go all in.

(11-24-2021, 04:53 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.

Something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, that's lunacy. Every day we keep this guy is another day of Trevor's rookie deal we waste. He already blew this season, let's not give him this offseason to compound his errors.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2021, 05:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:53 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Hated it too. But now that it's done (another Browns-esque move....), gotta give a fair chance. If there's no Improvement next year, then it starts to make sense to call for.firing the guy. Halfway through one season, is pure lunacy.

Something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, that's lunacy. Every day we keep this guy is another day of Trevor's rookie deal we waste. He already blew this season, let's not give him this offseason to compound his errors.
This season was never going to be good..... they were 1-15 last year for a dang reason. Lol. And with several games left to play, it's actually possible that they end up a middle of the pack team.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 07:27 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-24-2021, 07:07 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 05:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, that's lunacy. Every day we keep this guy is another day of Trevor's rookie deal we waste. He already blew this season, let's not give him this offseason to compound his errors.
This season was never going to be good..... they were 1-15 last year for a dang reason. Lol. And with several games left to play, it's actually possible that they end up a middle of the pack team.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Giving so much time to JDR really paid off. Bradley too.

Let's waste yet another year, hell why one? give 2 more years to Meyer so we can enjoy 2 full years of this crap while wasting Trevor's talent and to draft a bunch of rookies that can stay on the bench!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Didn't we fire Mularkey after one year? That wasn't a bad move.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-24-2021, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Didn't we fire Mularkey after one year? That wasn't a bad move.

Yup they did and no it wasn't a bad move. Although he did have a terrible roster and went 2-14. That season was Gene Smith's last year as GM in 2012. It was also Khan's first season as the owner.

Khan cleaned house and brought in Caldwell and Gus after that season.

(11-24-2021, 09:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Didn't we fire Mularkey after one year? That wasn't a bad move.

Yup they did and no it wasn't a bad move. Although he did have a terrible roster and went 2-14. That season was Gene Smith's last year as GM in 2012. It was also Khan's first season as the owner.

Khan cleaned house and brought in Caldwell and Gus after that season.

Out with the trash, in with the trash.