Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban fired (Not Really)

The bloody club needs to pull there finger out and do what we all know is the correct move.

Sack urban

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2021, 04:20 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: I hate everything about the idea of giving up on a coach after just 1 season..... That's some Browns-esque stuff. No need to indulge in that nonsense.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

What has Urban actually done to instill any confidence in his ability to coach at the NFL level?

Any of them choices would be better then Urban. Get him out of here. Need to get this team turned around before Trevor's rookie contract is up.
No Fun

(11-24-2021, 10:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:20 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: I hate everything about the idea of giving up on a coach after just 1 season..... That's some Browns-esque stuff. No need to indulge in that nonsense.

What has Urban actually done to instill any confidence in his ability to coach at the NFL level?

I'm trying to think of something, anything but I just can't. The needle is not pointing up.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 02:28 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Meyer needs to go. He can take Bevell with him. Meyer doesn't belong in the NFL. Just like Saban didn't. He can't handle losing. He embarrassed the team publicly already with the incident after the Bengals loss. Him and Lawrence seem to not be on the same page at times when you really listen to what's being said in the press conferences. It's just awful. He looks like he's about to puke half the time when they pan to his face on the sideline. He's got more coaches than any other team in the NFL by headcount and yet this team continues to struggle with penalties, personnel rotations and the overall scheming just doesn't seem to show up on offense.

Cullen gets some credit here from me. He really does. The defense has flashed at times despite really only having one "Superstar" worthy player on it in Josh Allen. Myles Jack has played better since moving back outside, as expected. Smoot is solid. Other than that? I don't know. Griffin has been okay at CB but he's not making the interceptions they need out there to help this offense out that really needs it. Just frustrating.

I wouldn't go another year TBH. Just wouldn't. It might seem like a Browns move to do but this feels different. They should have canned Marrone a year earlier and did what the Browns did and that's hire Kevin Stefanski. They need to make a move quick in January. Should be looking at Kellen More, Brian Daboll, Greg Roman & Eric Bieniemy to head coach the team and call the offense on gameday's. I would try and keep Cullen on defense and most of that staff. I would also try and keep Schottenheimer onboard with Lawrence as well.

I truly think Bevell and Meyer just aren't good enough for what's on this roster at the moment. Baalke needs to make some serious moves in the off season as well if he keeps his job.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Welcome back.

(11-24-2021, 10:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

What has Urban done at any level to instill confidence in his ability to coach, in inherited the championship teams when his players he recruted got to be starters he left.

(11-25-2021, 02:33 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 10:19 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: What has Urban actually done to instill any confidence in his ability to coach at the NFL level?

What has Urban done at any level to instill confidence in his ability to coach, in inherited the championship teams when his players he recruted got to be starters he left.

The reality is he was a good coach in his first couple stops with his gimmicky offense, and he was a great recruiter able to "massage" the rules. But he's out of his league in the NFL with professional tacticians who can pencil whip him. He did the right thing by hiring a group of NFL vet coordinators, but unfortunately he chose the wrong set for Trevor. They've been exposed as frauds without Russell Wilson in his prime.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 03:31 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 4 times in total.)

Meyer was handed incredible resources to upgrade this roster.  He had 5 draft picks in the top 65.  He had more money available under the salary cap than any other NFL team.  The expectation was significant progress and he hasn't come remotely close.  Below is the snap percentages for the rookie class.  These percentages represent offensive snaps for offensive players and defensive snaps for defensive players.  They do exclude special teams.  

Trevor Lawrence 99%
Tyson Campbell 68%
Luke Farrell 26%
Walker Little 11%
Andre Cisco 9%
Jay Tufele 2%
Jordan Smith 0%
Jalen Camp 0% (Cut)
Travis Etienne 0% (IR)

That's it?  Really?  Other than Lawrence, the only draft pick getting significant playing time is Campbell and he's mostly looked bad.  Think about it.  We have a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and two 4th rounders and none of them have played more than 11% of the snaps.  It's one thing for a rookie not getting a lot of playing time on a playoff team, but we were 1-15 last year and currently 2-8 and our rookies can't get on the field?  Why would we want to give Meyer another draft?

Free agency was also a disappointment.  Their three biggest signings were defensive players with contracts of 3 years/$40 million, 4 years/$35 million, and 3 years/$23.4 million.  What results did all of this buy us?  1 sack.  0 interceptions.  0 forced fumbles.  0 fumble recoveries.  To the extent that our defense has looked good this year, it has largely been with big plays from players from last year's team.  16 of 18 sacks this year were from players on last year's team.  All but 2 interceptions and 1 forced fumble as well. 

I could go on.  I don't think I even need to comment on the feebleness of the offense.  You then factor the poor coaching on top of all of this (back to back 12 men on the field!??!!?!), and it is clear that Meyer and Baalke need to go.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 09:19 AM by Mikey.)

(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.

samesies.

Q for the OP: In this alternate universe, did Brian Daboll utterly destroy the Jags a few weeks back, or the same stinkeroo?

I don't really care, he's the guy I was looking at most seriously last offseason and we didn't even give him a sniff.

(11-24-2021, 07:07 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 05:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Something about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, that's lunacy. Every day we keep this guy is another day of Trevor's rookie deal we waste. He already blew this season, let's not give him this offseason to compound his errors.
This season was never going to be good..... they were 1-15 last year for a dang reason. Lol. And with several games left to play, it's actually possible that they end up a middle of the pack team.

Holy delusion, batman!

The only way this team ends up in the middle of the road resembles an armadillo or o'possum.

(11-25-2021, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Meyer needs to go. He can take Bevell with him. Meyer doesn't belong in the NFL. Just like Saban didn't. He can't handle losing. He embarrassed the team publicly already with the incident after the Bengals loss. Him and Lawrence seem to not be on the same page at times when you really listen to what's being said in the press conferences. It's just awful. He looks like he's about to puke half the time when they pan to his face on the sideline. He's got more coaches than any other team in the NFL by headcount and yet this team continues to struggle with penalties, personnel rotations and the overall scheming just doesn't seem to show up on offense.

Cullen gets some credit here from me. He really does. The defense has flashed at times despite really only having one "Superstar" worthy player on it in Josh Allen. Myles Jack has played better since moving back outside, as expected. Smoot is solid. Other than that? I don't know. Griffin has been okay at CB but he's not making the interceptions they need out there to help this offense out that really needs it. Just frustrating.

I wouldn't go another year TBH. Just wouldn't. It might seem like a Browns move to do but this feels different. They should have canned Marrone a year earlier and did what the Browns did and that's hire Kevin Stefanski. They need to make a move quick in January. Should be looking at Kellen More, Brian Daboll, Greg Roman & Eric Bieniemy to head coach the team and call the offense on gameday's. I would try and keep Cullen on defense and most of that staff. I would also try and keep Schottenheimer onboard with Lawrence as well.

I truly think Bevell and Meyer just aren't good enough for what's on this roster at the moment. Baalke needs to make some serious moves in the off season as well if he keeps his job.

I agree with all of the above. Though I'm over it with Baalke a bit more than you are.
 Roster evaluation by the current staff has been absolutely horrible and he's a major cog in that wheel. He was here, and should have had them up to speed on Robinson and others' strengths/weaknesses. They are still struggling to figure out how to maximize JR25 and have no clue how to get production from Shenault (even though Viska hasn't helped his own cause, he's still miscast) 

I was sorely disappointed with the way Cullen handled his secondary early on and I still don't approve of this silly Wingard experiment, but he has done some good things with minimal talent. Give him a bit more to work with player-wise and I think he could probably field a worthy defense. 

Clearly - he and the new GM (fingers crossed) would need to have a plan going in that doesn't involve a radical shift in coverage scheme midseason this time. 

Hoping Khan has the guts to cut ties with Urbz quicker than his past decision making timeline suggests.

(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.
oh we know...you remind us every day

(11-29-2021, 08:43 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I hated everything about the Meyer hiring and hate even more the idea of continuing this error for more than a few more games.
oh we know...you remind us every day

Well, when you're right I'm sure you'll let us all know. I won't hold my breath waiting for that long off day to arrive though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: 262555564_10112695324025732_277623529750...e=61AAB249]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: [Image: 262555564_10112695324025732_277623529750...e=61AAB249]

Good one Annie  Laughing

(11-29-2021, 10:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: [Image: 262555564_10112695324025732_277623529750...e=61AAB249]

Good one Annie  Laughing

How dare she talk talk that way about nejagfans' main squeeze. How. Dare. She.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato