Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

(11-30-2021, 03:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: It would be worth contacting the Bengals for sure. I'd also offer a 2nd and 4th rounder. He's only 22, has a rookie deal and a good history with Trevor. No way the Bengals would do this, however. Why take away a weapon for Burrow? Receivers obviously get hurt and having 3 very good receivers is something the Bengals will not want to change.

The Bengals also have two pretty good WR's waiting in the wings for their shot (Auden Tate and Stanley Morgan.) They are arguably better than anything we have on our roster. They just don't get any playing time since the Bengals have one of the top WR trios in the NFL. It's not like losing Higgins will tank the Bengals. They are very deep at WR. If we offer them enough, they could bite on a deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp here we are the offseason has begun.

I thought we were bringing a rob home.

(11-30-2021, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know how I forgot this, (probably old age), but Bullseye just reminded me that Tee Higgins was Trevor's "go to" receiver in college in 2018 and 2019. Higgins is a big target and ran a sub 4.4/40 coming out of college, so he has the speed we so desperately need. During the two years Higgins and Lawrence played together they put up amazing stats. They combined for 25 TD's and over 2000 yards through the air. Higgins was nearly a 1,000 yard receiver on a very bad Bengals team last year, where Burrow was hurt early on, so I really expected him to take a huge leap this season and be the #1 guy in Cincinnati. Then they went and drafted Ja'Marr Chase (Burrow's "go to" receiver in college) and all that changed. Now Burrow always looks to Chase for the big play. They also have another very good receiver in Tyler Boyd, so they may be open to trading Higgins. Personally, I would be willing to offer a 2nd and a 4th round selection to bring Higgins to Jacksonville and reform that old connection he had with Lawrence. What do you guys think?

To echo the prevailing sentiment here, I see no way the Bengals trade Higgins away.  I think the combination of Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd are comparable in quality, if not better, than 2005's Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry.  That means they are elite or will be by this time next year, assuming everyone stays healthy and out of trouble.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-30-2021, 09:13 PM)surfon Wrote: Welp here we are the offseason has begun.

The offseason started about 3 weeks ago. 

I'll take a hard pass on ARob. His production has fallen off a cliff this year.

(11-30-2021, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 09:13 PM)surfon Wrote: Welp here we are the offseason has begun.

The offseason started about 3 weeks ago. 

Not hanging my chestnuts on him, but who is throwing himthe ball again?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 01:00 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-01-2021, 12:48 AM)surfon Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 10:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The offseason started about 3 weeks ago. 

Not hanging my chestnuts on him, but who is throwing himthe ball again?

He may not be what he once was, but Andy Dalton is not a bad QB. Arob has simply been overtaken by Darrell Mooney. Robinson even has less receiving yards than the Bears starting TE. That's saying something. Not to mention that Robinson only has 4.6/40 speed so he is a slow WR. We already have plenty of those.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 01:55 AM by Eric1. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-01-2021, 12:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 12:48 AM)surfon Wrote: Not hanging my chestnuts on him, but who is throwing himthe ball again?

He may not be what he once was, but Andy Dalton is not a bad QB. Arob has simply been overtaken by Darrell Mooney. Robinson even has less receiving yards than the Bears starting TE. That's saying something. Not to mention that Robinson only has 4.6/40 speed so he is a slow WR. We already have plenty of those.

Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Sign one of ARob, Adams, Godwin, Gallup in FA and draft a WR at the top of the 2nd round. Re-sign Chark as well.

I'd be good with going into next season with one of the above FA WRs, a re-signed Chark, Marvin Jones, high 2nd round pick rookie WR and Shenault as our top 5 receivers.

(12-01-2021, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 12:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He may not be what he once was, but Andy Dalton is not a bad QB. Arob has simply been overtaken by Darrell Mooney. Robinson even has less receiving yards than the Bears starting TE. That's saying something. Not to mention that Robinson only has 4.6/40 speed so he is a slow WR. We already have plenty of those.

Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Sign one of ARob, Adams, Godwin, Gallup in FA and draft a WR at the top of the 2nd round. Re-sign Chark as well.

I'd be good with going into next season with one of the above FA WRs, a re-signed Chark, Marvin Jones, high 2nd round pick rookie WR and Shenault as our top 5 receivers.

If we signed ARob, I really don't think we'd be much better than we are now. Signing Adams is a pipe dream. No one with any clout is gonna want to come to this dumpster fire. This is where players go to ruin there careers. I hate to sound so negative, but this is without a doubt, the worst Jaguars' offense I've seen since the founding of the team and a lot of it has to do with how poorly they are coached. Until we get a new HC, Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, WR Coach and O-Line Coach, I don't see any hope at all for this team. These guys are completely inept. What we need is a miracle.

(12-01-2021, 12:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He may not be what he once was, but Andy Dalton is not a bad QB. Arob has simply been overtaken by Darrell Mooney. Robinson even has less receiving yards than the Bears starting TE. That's saying something. Not to mention that Robinson only has 4.6/40 speed so he is a slow WR. We already have plenty of those.

Gallup is a sneaky great call by you.

Matt Harmon (Reception Perception) absolutely loves Gallup and he's rarely wrong on WRs. Gallup and a WR in round 1 or 2 would instantly make the WR room better.

Give me Gallup, a new WRs coach, new OC, new HC and new GM lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-30-2021, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 01:46 PM)wrong_box Wrote: No. we should build through the draft as much as possible

I used to think that too, but this team has proven over and over that they don't know how to draft good players. I have zero faith in this front office to draft good players. Zero!

So whats the alternative? Use all our drafts picks in trades so we have no picks in the draft and just add players through trades? Im not far off from where you are in the faith of this FO but they have drafted some good players. Not every pick has been total [BLEEP]. I think UM/TB put too much emphasis on VALUE and not enough on talent. They were fine with drafting/acquiring serviceable players rather than top tier players. Now we have a roster full of mid grade talent and two wins, which is to be expected when you choose value over talent.

(12-01-2021, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Give me Gallup, a new WRs coach, new OC, new HC and new GM
lol

I agree with this.

Though, I think we may be lucky to just get:
OC, WR coach, Gallup

(12-01-2021, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.

(12-01-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Give me Gallup, a new WRs coach, new OC, new HC and new GM lol

Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.

Exactly no thanks i want legit 4.3 speed

(12-01-2021, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Give me Gallup, a new WRs coach, new OC, new HC and new GM lol

and? He's only 3rd because Lamb and Cooper are awesome.

I guess the Jags shouldn't trade for Higgins because he's sometimes 3rd too right?

Gallup is a very good route runner and deep threat but he's overshadowed by 2 elite receivers.

(12-01-2021, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.
and? He's only 3rd because Lamb and Cooper are awesome.

I guess the Jags shouldn't trade for Higgins because he's sometimes 3rd too right?

Gallup is a very good route runner and deep threat but he's overshadowed by 2 elite receivers.

Higgins was the #1 for the Bengals last season and the only reason he's #2 now is because of Chase. He's never been the #3 for the Bengals since becoming a starter and he has sub 4.4/40 speed. 

Gallup is a good route runner, but I've never seen him as a deep threat unless there is blown coverage.

Runs 4.51? so? Chark runs what? Westbrook ran what? was he a deep threat? Conley? This isn't Madden. AB ran 4.58, Rice? Boldin?

Gallup best season is better than Higgins's.
You can say whatever you want about Bengals willing to trade Higgins but that is just YOUR OPINION. They are not gonna trade him and much less for a 2nd, they would be dumb to do such a trade.

It's funny how this season all our WRs look worse, I wonder why... they just flat out suck I guess....
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Ideally, the Jaguars will acquire a receiver during the off-season whose speed allows him to be a deep-threat. Gallup will never be considered an elite deep-threat due to his 4.5 speed. That being said, he runs excellent routes and has been productive during his short career. At only 25 years of age, his youth is also a plus. He'd be my 2nd choice after Godwin since I can't see Adams signing with the Jaguars. If they do sign him, however, it would be critical to draft a speedier receiver in 2022. Since I wouldn't go receiver with the first pick, I'd hope to draft Dotson at the top of round 2, if available, or someone like Zay Flowers- who might be there at the top of round 3. Agnew will also be returning which would give them 2 fast receivers next season.

So, it appears that you are satisfied with our mascot.

(12-01-2021, 01:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.

Runs 4.51? so? Chark runs what? Westbrook ran what? was he a deep threat? Conley? This isn't Madden. AB ran 4.58, Rice? Boldin?

Gallup best season is better than Higgins's.
You can say whatever you want about Bengals willing to trade Higgins but that is just YOUR OPINION. They are not gonna trade him and much less for a 2nd, they would be dumb to do such a trade.

It's funny how this season all our WRs look worse, I wonder why... they just flat out suck I guess....

Chark ran a 4.34/40 at the scouting combine. He was a deep threat. Since he's been injured we have NOTHING. Brown ran a 4.47/40 which is still fast, so that was not a good example for you. Rice and Boldin were not big play receivers. They were great route runners with good hands, who moved the chains. They were not deep threats. 

You do realize Higgins was a rookie last season playing with a scrub QB after Burrow got hurt? Gallup has been in the league 4 years with a premier QB. I'd certainly hope at this point, he'd have a better season than Higgins. I believe Higgins will be consistently better than Gallup from this point on out though. 

Everything stated on this board is just individuals' opinions. I've never stated my opinion as fact. It's just an opinion.

I never said the Bengals would trade Higgins, I just said we should make an effort to see if they would. If you read my posts, I never said they would trade him for a 2nd. That would be asinine. I said offer them a 2nd and a 4th or even a 2nd and a 3rd if they wanted more. If we Offered just a 2nd they would hang up on us for wasting their time. 

The WR's look worse because they have limited talent and we have an incompetent OC who puts the wrong personnel on the field and has a vanilla playbook. Not to mention that we have the worst WR coach in the league.