Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

(12-01-2021, 10:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Sign one of ARob, Adams, Godwin, Gallup in FA and draft a WR at the top of the 2nd round. Re-sign Chark as well.

I'd be good with going into next season with one of the above FA WRs, a re-signed Chark, Marvin Jones, high 2nd round pick rookie WR and Shenault as our top 5 receivers.

If we signed ARob, I really don't think we'd be much better than we are now. Signing Adams is a pipe dream. No one with any clout is gonna want to come to this dumpster fire. This is where players go to ruin there careers. I hate to sound so negative, but this is without a doubt, the worst Jaguars' offense I've seen since the founding of the team and a lot of it has to do with how poorly they are coached. Until we get a new HC, Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, WR Coach and O-Line Coach, I don't see any hope at all for this team. These guys are completely inept. What we need is a miracle.

I disagree.  Most free agents follow the money.  Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye came here after the Jaguars had a 3-13 season and had gone six straight seasons with 5 or fewer wins.  You can never guarantee any one player, but the Jaguars will be able to attract quality free agents this off-season if they want.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2021, 01:56 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 10:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we signed ARob, I really don't think we'd be much better than we are now. Signing Adams is a pipe dream. No one with any clout is gonna want to come to this dumpster fire. This is where players go to ruin there careers. I hate to sound so negative, but this is without a doubt, the worst Jaguars' offense I've seen since the founding of the team and a lot of it has to do with how poorly they are coached. Until we get a new HC, Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, WR Coach and O-Line Coach, I don't see any hope at all for this team. These guys are completely inept. What we need is a miracle.

I disagree.  Most free agents follow the money.  Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye came here after the Jaguars had a 3-13 season and had gone six straight seasons with 5 or fewer wins.  You can never guarantee any one player, but the Jaguars will be able to attract quality free agents this off-season if they want.

That was a much better team than we have now and certainly in retrospect, a much better coached team. This is the worst Jaguars offense I have seen since the team was formed. If I were a player, I'd think coming here, would damage my career. It's that bad.

(12-01-2021, 01:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 01:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Runs 4.51? so? Chark runs what? Westbrook ran what? was he a deep threat? Conley? This isn't Madden. AB ran 4.58, Rice? Boldin?

Gallup best season is better than Higgins's.
You can say whatever you want about Bengals willing to trade Higgins but that is just YOUR OPINION. They are not gonna trade him and much less for a 2nd, they would be dumb to do such a trade.

It's funny how this season all our WRs look worse, I wonder why... they just flat out suck I guess....

Chark ran a 4.34/40 at the scouting combine. He was a deep threat. Since he's been injured we have NOTHING. Brown ran a 4.47/40 which is still fast, so that was not a good example for you. Rice and Boldin were not big play receivers. They were great route runners with good hands, who moved the chains. They were not deep threats. 

You do realize Higgins was a rookie last season playing with a scrub QB after Burrow got hurt? Gallup has been in the league 4 years with a premier QB. I'd certainly hope at this point, he'd have a better season than Higgins. I believe Higgins will be consistently better than Gallup from this point on out though. 

Everything stated on this board is just individuals' opinions. I've never stated my opinion as fact. It's just an opinion.

I never said the Bengals would trade Higgins, I just said we should make an effort to see if they would. If you read my posts, I never said they would trade him for a 2nd. That would be asinine. I said offer them a 2nd and a 4th or even a 2nd and a 3rd if they wanted more. If we Offered just a 2nd they would hang up on us for wasting their time. 

The WR's look worse because they have limited talent and we have an incompetent OC who puts the wrong personnel on the field and has a vanilla playbook. Not to mention that we have the worst WR coach in the league.

Brown was 4.48 so that is ok but Gallup at 4.51 is not fast enough?  Laughing
Higgins was also the #1 while Gallup has never been the #1.

I saw that (2nd and 4th), still, they wouldn't trade him for that. A 2nd and a 3rd? maybe but it doesn't make sense for a team like the Jags to do such a trade.
Tyron Johnson ran 4.36, Tavon Austin?. You didn't answer about Westbrook, Conley etc. What about Matt Jones? Troy Williamson? 
Speed is not everything.

We could get Higgins and yet that is not gonna solve anything here.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 03:08 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

And about Jerry

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/j...ice/stats/

Look at the avg.

Yeah, I am sure the guy got almost 23k reception yards with only catches of 7-13 yards. Also there a are not several long receptions in his highlights....
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-01-2021, 02:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 01:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Chark ran a 4.34/40 at the scouting combine. He was a deep threat. Since he's been injured we have NOTHING. Brown ran a 4.47/40 which is still fast, so that was not a good example for you. Rice and Boldin were not big play receivers. They were great route runners with good hands, who moved the chains. They were not deep threats. 

You do realize Higgins was a rookie last season playing with a scrub QB after Burrow got hurt? Gallup has been in the league 4 years with a premier QB. I'd certainly hope at this point, he'd have a better season than Higgins. I believe Higgins will be consistently better than Gallup from this point on out though. 

Everything stated on this board is just individuals' opinions. I've never stated my opinion as fact. It's just an opinion.

I never said the Bengals would trade Higgins, I just said we should make an effort to see if they would. If you read my posts, I never said they would trade him for a 2nd. That would be asinine. I said offer them a 2nd and a 4th or even a 2nd and a 3rd if they wanted more. If we Offered just a 2nd they would hang up on us for wasting their time. 

The WR's look worse because they have limited talent and we have an incompetent OC who puts the wrong personnel on the field and has a vanilla playbook. Not to mention that we have the worst WR coach in the league.

Brown was 4.48 so that is ok but Gallup at 4.51 is not fast enough?  Laughing

I saw that (2nd and 4th), still, they wouldn't trade him for that. A 2nd and a 3rd? maybe but it doesn't make sense for a team like the Jags to do such a trade.
Tyron Johnson ran 4.36, Tavon Austin?. You didn't answer about Westbrook, Conley etc. What about Matt Jones? Troy Williamson? 
Speed is not everything.

Laugh all you want, but 3/10 of a second is a big difference. 

That is my point. Higgins showed he could be a #1. It's too bad he played that season with such bad QB's, due to Burrow's injury. Had Burrow stayed healthy, Higgins was on pace for well over 1,000 yards receiving in his rookie year. 

Why? IMO, it makes perfect sense. You get a big play WR who already has a connection with Lawrence. 

I never said speed was everything, but it's what this team is sorely lacking right now. You can't just have straight line speed though. You need to absorb the playbook, run decent routes and have good hands. Westbrook was injured a lot, Conley had hands of stone, Matt Jones had a drug problem and frankly I don't remember Troy Williamson. 

I never said getting Higgins would solve everything. It would be a step in the right direction though.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 03:52 PM by Mikey.)

(12-01-2021, 11:18 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I used to think that too, but this team has proven over and over that they don't know how to draft good players. I have zero faith in this front office to draft good players. Zero!

So whats the alternative? Use all our drafts picks in trades so we have no picks in the draft and just add players through trades? Im not far off from where you are in the faith of this FO but they have drafted some good players. Not every pick has been total [BLEEP]. I think UM/TB put too much emphasis on VALUE and not enough on talent. They were fine with drafting/acquiring serviceable players rather than top tier players. Now we have a roster full of mid grade talent and two wins, which is to be expected when you choose value over talent.

The alternative suggested is likely replacing the FO/braintrust behind the picking.

Most folks didn't like the last braintrust, either, or the one before that, so maybe just fanvote or random number generator is the best option left untested.

(12-01-2021, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.
and? He's only 3rd because Lamb and Cooper are awesome.

I guess the Jags shouldn't trade for Higgins because he's sometimes 3rd too right?

Gallup is a very good route runner and deep threat but he's overshadowed by 2 elite receivers.

So who do we have that is going to act like Cooper and Lamb to draw the D's eyes so that Gallup can continue to flourish?

(12-01-2021, 03:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 02:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Brown was 4.48 so that is ok but Gallup at 4.51 is not fast enough?  Laughing

Speed is not everything.

Laugh all you want, but 3/10 of a second is a big difference. 

That is my point. Higgins showed he could be a #1. It's too bad he played that season with such bad QB's, due to Burrow's injury. Had Burrow stayed healthy, Higgins was on pace for well over 1,000 yards receiving in his rookie year. 

Why? IMO, it makes perfect sense. You get a big play WR who already has a connection with Lawrence. 

I never said speed was everything, but it's what this team is sorely lacking right now. You can't just have straight line speed though. You need to absorb the playbook, run decent routes and have good hands. Westbrook was injured a lot, Conley had hands of stone, Matt Jones had a drug problem and frankly I don't remember Troy Williamson. 

I never said getting Higgins would solve everything. It would be a step in the right direction though.

absolutely it is. difference between a deep threat and a undersized blocking tight end Wink 

forgive me, in a snarky mood today.

(12-01-2021, 10:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 01:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Dalton sucks dude (that Offense is a mess in general, QB roulette, no consistency), but ARob is still really good. He has had trash QBs all of his career. He'd instantly be the #1 WR here. He isn't slow, but his game isn't built on deep speed. He wins everywhere else though. He good.

Sign one of ARob, Adams, Godwin, Gallup in FA and draft a WR at the top of the 2nd round. Re-sign Chark as well.

I'd be good with going into next season with one of the above FA WRs, a re-signed Chark, Marvin Jones, high 2nd round pick rookie WR and Shenault as our top 5 receivers.
Gallup is a sneaky great call by you.

Matt Harmon (Reception Perception) absolutely loves Gallup and he's rarely wrong on WRs. Gallup and a WR in round 1 or 2 would instantly make the WR room better.

Yup, he gets over looked/forgotten by many because of Cooper and Lamb (plus he only just came back from injury a couple weeks ago), but he's really good. Still just 25 years old as well.

(12-01-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 10:54 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Give me Gallup, a new WRs coach, new OC, new HC and new GM lol

Gallup only runs a 4.51/40. That's pretty middle of the road. Not fast, not slow and he's Dallas' 3rd receiver. What makes you guys think he could be a good receiver here? I don't see him making much of an impact at all.

Bro there's a lot more to playing WR than just running a straight 40 yards against air in 4.4 secs.

Speed is not everything, but it does stick out like a sore thumb when the jags wrs get 0 separation. I hope they draft and pick up a couple of good wide receivers. Apparently you cant have enough of those when everyone keeps getting hurt. T-law needs some weapons.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 01:27 AM by wrong_box. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-01-2021, 03:47 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:18 AM)wrong_box Wrote: So whats the alternative? Use all our drafts picks in trades so we have no picks in the draft and just add players through trades? Im not far off from where you are in the faith of this FO but they have drafted some good players. Not every pick has been total [BLEEP]. I think UM/TB put too much emphasis on VALUE and not enough on talent. They were fine with drafting/acquiring serviceable players rather than top tier players. Now we have a roster full of mid grade talent and two wins, which is to be expected when you choose value over talent.

The alternative suggested is likely replacing the FO/braintrust behind the picking.

Most folks didn't like the last braintrust, either, or the one before that, so maybe just fanvote or random number generator is the best option left untested.

Except we all know thats not happening this year so that scenario isnt even in realm of possibilities

I know this is just a pipe dream, but watching Higgins play yesterday, made me believe how much better he could make Trevor Lawrence. There was one long pass where Higgins was blanketed by 2 defenders and he went up and out-jumped both guys to come up with an amazing contested catch. He had a career day yesterday and almost single-handedly eliminated me from my fantasy football playoffs. The Bengals have 3 really, really good receivers and we have none. It's just sooooooooo depressing.

We MUST get Trevor some better receivers, but as time goes on, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. I just don't see us attracting any really good free agent WR's. I am staunchly in the corner of drafting the BAP with our first pick in round 1, regardless of position and that means taking a pass rusher. I'm not gonna change my mind on that. What I'm worried about is what kind of receivers will be left when we pick in round 2? I'm seeing more and more mocks that have a ton of WR's taken in round 1. I just saw one with Jameson Williams going to Cleveland, Drake London going to New Orleans, Treylon Burks going to Tampa Bay, Garrett Wilson going to Tennessee, Chris Olave going to Kansas City and Jahan Dotson going to Green Bay. If something like this happens, it's really gonna put us in a bad spot.

I know that this is still a very long shot, but now that we have all but guaranteed the #1 overall pick, I wonder what the Bengals would say to a deal where we offered the #1 overall pick, Laviska Shenault and a 2023 2nd round pick for the Bengals first round pick in 2022 and Tee Higgins. I'd do that in a heartbeat, but would they? I doubt it, but at least I would try. At this point, it's almost like being in desperation mode. We HAVE to get Lawrence some help one way or another. I don't wanna waste this kid's talents, because we surrounded him with garbage.

(12-27-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know this is just a pipe dream, but watching Higgins play yesterday, made me believe how much better he could make Trevor Lawrence. There was one long pass where Higgins was blanketed by 2 defenders and he went up and out-jumped both guys to come up with an amazing contested catch. He had a career day yesterday and almost single-handedly eliminated me from my fantasy football playoffs. The Bengals have 3 really, really good receivers and we have none. It's just sooooooooo depressing.

We MUST get Trevor some better receivers, but as time goes on, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. I just don't see us attracting any really good free agent WR's. I am staunchly in the corner of drafting the BAP with our first pick in round 1, regardless of position and that means taking a pass rusher. I'm not gonna change my mind on that. What I'm worried about is what kind of receivers will be left when we pick in round 2? I'm seeing more and more mocks that have a ton of WR's taken in round 1. I just saw one with Jameson Williams going to Cleveland, Drake London going to New Orleans, Treylon Burks going to Tampa Bay, Garrett Wilson going to Tennessee, Chris Olave going to Kansas City and Jahan Dotson going to Green Bay. If something like this happens, it's really gonna put us in a bad spot.

I know that this is still a very long shot, but now that we have all but guaranteed the #1 overall pick, I wonder what the Bengals would say to a deal where we offered the #1 overall pick, Laviska Shenault and a 2023 2nd round pick for the Bengals first round pick in 2022 and Tee Higgins. I'd do that in a heartbeat, but would they? I doubt it, but at least I would try. At this point, it's almost like being in desperation mode. We HAVE to get Lawrence some help one way or another. I don't wanna waste this kid's talents, because we surrounded him with garbage.

So Viska, 2022 #1 and 2023 #2 for their 2022 #1 and Higgins? You are giving away too much for one player. That is not a smart trade for us. I understand we need a number one but that is 3 players by us for 2 of theirs if you count the picks as players. The #1 pick in the draft alone should be worth their #1 and current WR3. I respect your opinions a great deal but this is not a good take my friend. We need so many players that we should stockpile picks if we trade away the first pick, not the other way around. This kind of trade flies right in the face of your BAP approach to the draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 04:40 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-27-2021, 04:04 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know this is just a pipe dream, but watching Higgins play yesterday, made me believe how much better he could make Trevor Lawrence. There was one long pass where Higgins was blanketed by 2 defenders and he went up and out-jumped both guys to come up with an amazing contested catch. He had a career day yesterday and almost single-handedly eliminated me from my fantasy football playoffs. The Bengals have 3 really, really good receivers and we have none. It's just sooooooooo depressing.

So Viska, 2022 #1 and 2023 #2 for their 2022 #1 and Higgins? You are giving away too much for one player. That is not a smart trade for us. I understand we need a number one but that is 3 players by us for 2 of theirs if you count the picks as players. The #1 pick in the draft alone should be worth their #1 and current WR3. I respect your opinions a great deal but this is not a good take my friend. We need so many players that we should stockpile picks if we trade away the first pick, not the other way around. This kind of trade flies right in the face of your BAP approach to the draft.

You must not watch many Bengals games, because Higgins is anything but, a WR3. He is their #2 receiver, almost a #1. He and Ja'marr Chase are like 1A. and 1B. Higgins is a budding superstar who has gone for over 100 yards receiving in 4 of his last 5 games and has outplayed Chase by a wide margin during this stretch. He just had a career day going for almost 200 yards receiving and 2 TD's. This kid is only in his 2nd year in the NFL and is on the precipice of greatness. It is imperative that we get Trevor Lawrence some good receivers and currently, given our situation, I just don't see that happening. Higgins was Lawrence's "go to" receiver in college, so they have a built in chemistry. There would be no adjustment period. I just don't see us landing a significant WR in free agency and I don't think a "difference making" WR will be available in round 2 at this point. If these things happen, I don't know how we upgrade the passing game? I'd rather overpay for a proven commodity at WR who already has a connection with my franchise QB, rather than gambling that a good WR falls to us in round two of the draft. 

Yes, we have many needs on this team, but none outweigh WR. I prayed for us to finally land a franchise QB and now that we have him, we're ruining him, because he has no talent around him. I don't wanna ruin this opportunity, because we can't find him good receivers to throw to.

(12-27-2021, 04:04 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:

That kind of trade would get you pimp slapped out of the draft room and your office possessions dumped into the road by the stadium. O-Line's insights are normally good, but maybe he's not been eating his Wheaties.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-27-2021, 04:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:04 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: So Viska, 2022 #1 and 2023 #2 for their 2022 #1 and Higgins? You are giving away too much for one player. That is not a smart trade for us. I understand we need a number one but that is 3 players by us for 2 of theirs if you count the picks as players. The #1 pick in the draft alone should be worth their #1 and current WR3. I respect your opinions a great deal but this is not a good take my friend. We need so many players that we should stockpile picks if we trade away the first pick, not the other way around. This kind of trade flies right in the face of your BAP approach to the draft.

That kind of trade would get you pimp slapped out of the draft room and your office possessions dumped into the road by the stadium. O-Line's insights are normally good, but maybe he's not been eating his Wheaties.

Honestly, if we don't get Lawrence some good receivers (which I don't see happening,) we might as well trade him. He's just being wasted here. The only way we're gonna get good pass catchers is via a trade and we're gonna have to overpay. No good WR's are gonna want to come here, no matter how much we offer them. This place is where players end their career, not build them up. This team is a wasteland. No one wants to come here for any amount of money. There are only a few WR's in the draft that I view as "difference makers" and they are likely to be all gone before round 2. What exactly are we supposed to do?

I think I would do the trade our #1 for theirs + Higgins. I would rather have a team where the offense scores on anyone and the defense cannot stop anyone than the other way around. Trevor is the most important thing so if we have to have a crappy defense to have a great offense i'd do that. That's probably not very popular though lol.

No way I give up that package for Tee Higgins. Currently they have the 25th pick in round 1; the Bengals would be committing highway rivalry in this deal. Higgins is a very good receiver, but the Jaguars will still be able to add at least 2 very good receivers for 2022.

Regarding the mock draft you referred to, David Bell was not among the six receivers taken. I believe he could end up as the best receiver in this draft class. He doesn't have the speed of Jameson Williams, but I've seen comparisons to Jimmy Smith. I'm not saying I'd take Bell ahead of Williams- just that the Jaguars will still be able to land a very good receiver with pick 33. As far as free agents, while I doubt Devonte Adams will head to Jacksonvile Michael Gallup is a great alternative. He has proven that he can be a very good number 2 receiver in the NFL. In addition to Bell (or another player taken in round 2) and Gallup, the Jaguars need to re-sign Chark to a one year deal. What would you think about a receiving corps of:

Gallup
Bell
Chark
Agnew
Jones
Shenault

Add in Gesecki as a 2nd receiving tight end and you have a very solid group without relinquishing the top pick in the next drop. Lawrence would thrive with this group as long as the new G.M. is also able to improve the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 05:10 PM by Caldrac.)

Why would the Bengals trade him? It's foolish on paper. Burrow has Higgins and Chase. They're coming off a huge game where they took the division lead over the Ravens.

Some of you guys crack me the [BLEEP] up on here. Good teams with proven commodities, not only proven, but, young, inexpensive and no known issues as a teammate on or off the field are not easy to come by.

You don't take that away from your 2nd year franchise QB. If anything, you're looking a year or two ahead to see how you can extend Higgins contract so he has a Harrison/Wayne combination to work with for the next few years to win it all.

Jacksonville needs to resign Chark, look to bring back Robinson or hope that Adams somehow gets out of Green Bay. Which would be shocking. They then need to make a decision in the draft.

There's no receiver worthy of a top three selection. However, there's a good core of options to be selected and you'll probably see a run on them starting around the 12th - 15th overall selection. If you like London, Burks or Williams you may have to trade back up on opening night.

If not? On day two you're probably looking at Bell, Pickens and Dotson. Another idea would be Ross out of Clemson. If he tests well and clears medically he's more than likely worth that early 3rd RD pick for Lawrence since they have history.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2021, 04:50 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: I think I would do the trade our #1 for theirs + Higgins. I would rather have a team where the offense scores on anyone and the defense cannot stop anyone than the other way around. Trevor is the most important thing so if we have to have a crappy defense to have a great offense i'd do that. That's probably not very popular though lol.

There is no way the Bengals make that deal. That's not nearly enough.

(12-27-2021, 05:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

No way I give up that package for Tee Higgins. Currently they have the 25th pick in round 1; the Bengals would be committing highway rivalry in this deal. Higgins is a very good receiver, but the Jaguars will still be able to add at least 2 very good receivers for 2022.

Regarding the mock draft you referred to, David Bell was not among the six receivers taken. I believe he could end up as the best receiver in this draft class. He doesn't have the speed of Jameson Williams, but I've seen comparisons to Jimmy Smith. I'm not saying I'd take Bell ahead of Williams- just that the Jaguars will still be able to land a very good receiver with pick 33. As far as free agents, while I doubt Devonte Adams will head to Jacksonvile Michael Gallup is a great alternative. He has proven that he can be a very good number 2 receiver in the NFL. In addition to Bell (or another player taken in round 2) and Gallup, the Jaguars need to re-sign Chark to a one year deal. What would you think about a receiving corps of:

Gallup
Bell
Chark
Agnew
Jones
Shenault

Add in Gesecki as a 2nd receiving tight end and you have a very solid group without relinquishing the top pick in the next drop. Lawrence would thrive with this group as long as the new G.M. is also able to improve the offensive line.

How? 

I like Bell and think he would be a good addition, but I don't see him as a "difference maker." Given the fact that we unquestionably have the worst receiving unit the NFL has seen in the last 10 years, we need a "difference making" WR. Neither is Gallup. I just don't see the additions of Bell and Gallup moving the needle much further than where we are now. Honestly, the lineup you show just doesn't make me very encouraged about the future. I think we'd be a little better, just not nearly as much as we hope. 

As for Gesicki, he's NEVER coming to Jacksonville.