Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

(12-27-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know this is just a pipe dream, but watching Higgins play yesterday, made me believe how much better he could make Trevor Lawrence. There was one long pass where Higgins was blanketed by 2 defenders and he went up and out-jumped both guys to come up with an amazing contested catch. He had a career day yesterday and almost single-handedly eliminated me from my fantasy football playoffs. The Bengals have 3 really, really good receivers and we have none. It's just sooooooooo depressing.

We MUST get Trevor some better receivers, but as time goes on, I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. I just don't see us attracting any really good free agent WR's. I am staunchly in the corner of drafting the BAP with our first pick in round 1, regardless of position and that means taking a pass rusher. I'm not gonna change my mind on that. What I'm worried about is what kind of receivers will be left when we pick in round 2? I'm seeing more and more mocks that have a ton of WR's taken in round 1. I just saw one with Jameson Williams going to Cleveland, Drake London going to New Orleans, Treylon Burks going to Tampa Bay, Garrett Wilson going to Tennessee, Chris Olave going to Kansas City and Jahan Dotson going to Green Bay. If something like this happens, it's really gonna put us in a bad spot.

I know that this is still a very long shot, but now that we have all but guaranteed the #1 overall pick, I wonder what the Bengals would say to a deal where we offered the #1 overall pick, Laviska Shenault and a 2023 2nd round pick for the Bengals first round pick in 2022 and Tee Higgins. I'd do that in a heartbeat, but would they? I doubt it, but at least I would try. At this point, it's almost like being in desperation mode. We HAVE to get Lawrence some help one way or another. I don't wanna waste this kid's talents, because we surrounded him with garbage.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(12-27-2021, 05:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Why would the Bengals trade him? It's foolish on paper. Burrow has Higgins and Chase. They're coming off a huge game where they took the division lead over the Ravens.

Some of you guys crack me the [BLEEP] up on here. Good teams with proven commodities, not only proven, but, young, inexpensive and no known issues as a teammate on or off the field are not easy to come by.

You don't take that away from your 2nd year franchise QB. If anything, you're looking a year or two ahead to see how you can extend Higgins contract so he has a Harrison/Wayne combination to work with for the next few years to win it all.

Jacksonville needs to resign Chark, look to bring back Robinson or hope that Adams somehow gets out of Green Bay. Which would be shocking. They then need to make a decision in the draft.

There's no receiver worthy of a top three selection. However, there's a good core of options to be selected and you'll probably see a run on them starting around the 12th - 15th overall selection. If you like London, Burks or Williams you may have to trade back up on opening night.

If not? On day two you're probably looking at Bell, Pickens and Dotson. Another idea would be Ross out of Clemson. If he tests well and clears medically he's more than likely worth that early 3rd RD pick for Lawrence since they have history.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-27-2021, 05:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Why would the Bengals trade him? It's foolish on paper. Burrow has Higgins and Chase. They're coming off a huge game where they took the division lead over the Ravens.

Some of you guys crack me the [BLEEP] up on here. Good teams with proven commodities, not only proven, but, young, inexpensive and no known issues as a teammate on or off the field are not easy to come by.

You don't take that away from your 2nd year franchise QB. If anything, you're looking a year or two ahead to see how you can extend Higgins contract so he has a Harrison/Wayne combination to work with for the next few years to win it all.

Jacksonville needs to resign Chark, look to bring back Robinson or hope that Adams somehow gets out of Green Bay. Which would be shocking. They then need to make a decision in the draft.

There's no receiver worthy of a top three selection. However, there's a good core of options to be selected and you'll probably see a run on them starting around the 12th - 15th overall selection. If you like London, Burks or Williams you may have to trade back up on opening night.

If not? On day two you're probably looking at Bell, Pickens and Dotson. Another idea would be Ross out of Clemson. If he tests well and clears medically he's more than likely worth that early 3rd RD pick for Lawrence since they have history.

I'm just throwing things against the wall and see what sticks. In over 25 years as a Jaguars fan, this is the most depressed I have ever been. For many years, we were just a QB away from being a true contender for a Super Bowl. Now, we have a QB and that's all we have. We have zero talent surrounding him! This is unquestionably the worst Jaguars team we have ever fielded. We are starting from scratch. This team could barely beat a mediocre high school team. 

Maybe the Bengals wouldn't trade Higgins, but it never hurts to try. They have Ja'Marr Chase and Tyler Boyd as well and several other receivers as backups that would probably be WR1, if they were on this pathetic franchise, so anything is possible if the offer is good enough. The WR position is their biggest area of strength and they are very deep. 

I'm all for re-signing Chark, but it's gonna take him at least an entire season to get back to being the player he once was after the injury. We need someone to be effective right away to boost Lawrence's confidence. If Lawrence starts out the season in 2022 with players unable to get open and dropping passes again, he's probably lost. The same thing happened in Cincinnati a long time ago. They drafted a talented QB named David Klingler, but the rest of the offense was completely devoid of talent. After taking beatings week after week, it got into his head and he flamed out. If we did that to Trevor Lawrence, who knows how long it might take to get another franchise QB. 

I agree that there is no WR worth passing on Hutchinson or Thibodeaux and I wouldn't pass on them. We must take the BAP with our first pick, if we keep it and that means selecting a pass rusher. With that said, the only WR in this draft that I would trade back up into round 1 for would be for Jameson Williams. As a rule I am completely against ever trading up in a draft, unless you need a franchise QB. In this case though, we are in desperation mode, so I would trade up for Williams, but only for him. He's the only receiver I see as a "safe" pick.

As I said, I like Bell, but I don't see him as a "difference maker. I really believe Dotson will be taken in round 1 and I'm not touching Pickens. I believe he is the most over-hyped receiver in the draft. I see "bust" written all over him. I also am not touching Ross. That guy is a walking I.R. He can't stay healthy and almost had his career ended due to a neck injury. Never draft a WR with a reputation for being "fragile."

(12-27-2021, 06:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'm just throwing things against the wall and see what sticks. In over 25 years as a Jaguars fan, this is the most depressed I have ever been. For many years, we were just a QB away from being a true contender for a Super Bowl. Now, we have a QB and that's all we have. We have zero talent surrounding him! This is unquestionably the worst Jaguars team we have ever fielded. We are starting from scratch. This team could barely beat a mediocre high school team. 

Maybe the Bengals wouldn't trade Higgins, but it never hurts to try. They have Ja'Marr Chase and Tyler Boyd as well and several other receivers as backups that would probably be WR1, if they were on this pathetic franchise, so anything is possible if the offer is good enough. The WR position is their biggest area of strength and they are very deep. 

I'm all for re-signing Chark, but it's gonna take him at least an entire season to get back to being the player he once was after the injury. We need someone to be effective right away to boost Lawrence's confidence. If Lawrence starts out the season in 2022 with players unable to get open and dropping passes again, he's probably lost. The same thing happened in Cincinnati a long time ago. They drafted a talented QB named David Klingler, but the rest of the offense was completely devoid of talent. After taking beatings week after week, it got into his head and he flamed out. If we did that to Trevor Lawrence, who knows how long it might take to get another franchise QB. 

I agree that there is no WR worth passing on Hutchinson or Thibodeaux and I wouldn't pass on them. We must take the BAP with our first pick, if we keep it and that means selecting a pass rusher. With that said, the only WR in this draft that I would trade back up into round 1 for would be for Jameson Williams. As a rule I am completely against ever trading up in a draft, unless you need a franchise QB. In this case though, we are in desperation mode, so I would trade up for Williams, but only for him. He's the only receiver I see as a "safe" pick.

As I said, I like Bell, but I don't see him as a "difference maker. I really believe Dotson will be taken in round 1 and I'm not touching Pickens. I believe he is the most over-hyped receiver in the draft. I see "bust" written all over him. I also am not touching Ross. That guy is a walking I.R. He can't stay healthy and almost had his career ended due to a neck injury. Never draft a WR with a reputation for being "fragile."
You're fine. I get it. I just don't see it plausible from the Bengals vantage point.

Chark should be brought back. Allen Robinson is worth bringing back as well. I think Shenault and Jones could be viable rotation players. Agnew has potential but you need him on return duties.

They'll need to be aggressive in March and April. I think Gallup and Fuller are worth a shot at receiver as well. Draft wise you're looking for a No. 1 receiver and a consistent slot receiver. They'll be able to land both between the market and draft.

Arnold is promising at TE. If they can land Gesicki you would have a nice combination there. We'll see. RB is now all of a sudden a huge concern with your two top guys coming off of injuries that never bode well for the position.

We'll see.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2021, 05:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 05:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No way I give up that package for Tee Higgins. Currently they have the 25th pick in round 1; the Bengals would be committing highway rivalry in this deal. Higgins is a very good receiver, but the Jaguars will still be able to add at least 2 very good receivers for 2022.

Regarding the mock draft you referred to, David Bell was not among the six receivers taken. I believe he could end up as the best receiver in this draft class. He doesn't have the speed of Jameson Williams, but I've seen comparisons to Jimmy Smith. I'm not saying I'd take Bell ahead of Williams- just that the Jaguars will still be able to land a very good receiver with pick 33. As far as free agents, while I doubt Devonte Adams will head to Jacksonvile Michael Gallup is a great alternative. He has proven that he can be a very good number 2 receiver in the NFL. In addition to Bell (or another player taken in round 2) and Gallup, the Jaguars need to re-sign Chark to a one year deal. What would you think about a receiving corps of:

Gallup
Bell
Chark
Agnew
Jones
Shenault

Add in Gesecki as a 2nd receiving tight end and you have a very solid group without relinquishing the top pick in the next drop. Lawrence would thrive with this group as long as the new G.M. is also able to improve the offensive line.

How? 

I like Bell and think he would be a good addition, but I don't see him as a "difference maker." Given the fact that we unquestionably have the worst receiving unit the NFL has seen in the last 10 years, we need a "difference making" WR. Neither is Gallup. I just don't see the additions of Bell and Gallup moving the needle much further than where we are now. Honestly, the lineup you show just doesn't make me very encouraged about the future. I think we'd be a little better, just not nearly as much as we hope. 

As for Gesicki, he's NEVER coming to Jacksonville.

If I’m the next GM, I’m calling the Panthers to see if DJ Moore is available. They’re in rebuild mode and DJ is going to want some money soon…. Jags got money.

Then I’m signing Gallup (as others also want to do), bringing back Chark and drafting Dotson in round 2.

I like Dan Arnold so he’s fine.

Walk in next year with DJ, Gallup, Chark, Dotson and Arnold.

(12-27-2021, 06:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If I’m the next GM, I’m calling the Panthers to see if DJ Moore is available. They’re in rebuild mode and DJ is going to want some money soon…. Jags got money.

Then I’m signing Gallup (as others also want to do), bringing back Chark and drafting Dotson in round 2.

What are you doing at RB though?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-27-2021, 06:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 06:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just throwing things against the wall and see what sticks. In over 25 years as a Jaguars fan, this is the most depressed I have ever been. For many years, we were just a QB away from being a true contender for a Super Bowl. Now, we have a QB and that's all we have. We have zero talent surrounding him! This is unquestionably the worst Jaguars team we have ever fielded. We are starting from scratch. This team could barely beat a mediocre high school team. 

You're fine. I get it. I just don't see it plausible from the Bengals vantage point.

Chark should be brought back. Allen Robinson is worth bringing back as well. I think Shenault and Jones could be viable rotation players. Agnew has potential but you need him on return duties.

They'll need to be aggressive in March and April. I think Gallup and Fuller are worth a shot at receiver as well. Draft wise you're looking for a No. 1 receiver and a consistent slot receiver. They'll be able to land both between the market and draft.

Arnold is promising at TE. If they can land Gesicki you would have a nice combination there. We'll see. RB is now all of a sudden a huge concern with your two top guys coming off of injuries that never bode well for the position.

We'll see.

Chark has to be brought back at this point, even if he isn't effective after his injury, in the short term. That is a no-brainer. I believe Allen Robinson is done. He has looked like garbage this year and has gotten less separation than our own receivers. Personally, I trade Shenault for whatever we can get. The guy is a complete bust. If we can't trade him, I cut him. he's just taking up a roster spot, which is why I would try including him in a deal for Higgins. I believe we are a better team without Shenault. Right now, he's a detriment.

As far as landing a #1 and a slot receiver, I just don't see it. You have a way more positive attitude than I do. Personally, I believe we will see a minimal difference in 2022 and Lawrence will be ruined, because we weren't able to get him help in his early development. Maybe I'm looking at things the wrong way, but as a Jaguars fan, I am conditioned to expect failure. 

Arnold is mediocre. He looks good on a couple of plays, but then seems to always make a boneheaded mistake. Gesicki is never coming here, but this draft is very deep at TE and we should be able to find one in the mid to later rounds to help upgrade the position. As for RB, Robinson probably will be out for part of 2022 and Etienne is all but lost, because players never return to 100% from Lis frac injuries. The bright side is that there has been a ton of good underclassmen RB's, who have already declared for the draft. Way more than will ever be drafted. I am very confident we can find one or two good undrafted free agents to give up the proper depth we will need.

(12-27-2021, 06:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 05:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How? 

I like Bell and think he would be a good addition, but I don't see him as a "difference maker." Given the fact that we unquestionably have the worst receiving unit the NFL has seen in the last 10 years, we need a "difference making" WR. Neither is Gallup. I just don't see the additions of Bell and Gallup moving the needle much further than where we are now. Honestly, the lineup you show just doesn't make me very encouraged about the future. I think we'd be a little better, just not nearly as much as we hope. 

As for Gesicki, he's NEVER coming to Jacksonville.

The Dolphins do have a lot of cap space, so they're likely to re-sign him. If they choose not to, why would he not choose Jacksonville if they give him the best offer? I just used Gesecki as an example of a 2nd receiving tight end after Arnold. Dalton Schultz would be another and the Cowboys do not have much cap room to keep him. The draft class is pretty deep at tight end and the Jags can likely find a good one with one of their 3rd rounders.

As far as difference makers, why can't Bell be that guy? Did you believe Cooper Kupp would be a difference maker prior to being drafted in the 3rd round? He ran over a 4.6 at the combine. How about Tyreek Hill who was taken in the 5th due to his slight stature? Shad Khan needs to hire the "right" general manager who knows how to find talent. If he doesn't, the Jaguars will likely fail to make the playoffs during either of our lifetimes!

(12-27-2021, 06:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 06:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If I’m the next GM, I’m calling the Panthers to see if DJ Moore is available. They’re in rebuild mode and DJ is going to want some money soon…. Jags got money.

What are you doing at RB though?

Meh.

See how ETN is progressing first. I’m not expecting anything out of JRob. Check out some kids in the draft (I don’t really know of any right now) and then check out some FAs.

I’m certainly not using a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder on a RB. That’s a top 65 draft pick and we have bigger holes.

(12-27-2021, 06:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 06:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What are you doing at RB though?

Meh.

See how ETN is progressing first. I’m not expecting anything out of JRob. Check out some kids in the draft (I don’t really know of any right now) and then check out some FAs.

I’m certainly not using a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder on a RB. That’s a top 65 draft pick and we have bigger holes.
Agreed. Hoping Hasan Haskins or Zamir White are available in RD4 or RD5.

(12-27-2021, 06:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 06:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What are you doing at RB though?

Meh.

Yeah.
 I'd roll with Armstead and Etienne - add a 5th or 6th rounder + a UDFA and a cheap FA for camp - then pray that JR25 has a great recovery and can test the new tendon in October or something.

(12-27-2021, 04:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 04:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: That kind of trade would get you pimp slapped out of the draft room and your office possessions dumped into the road by the stadium. O-Line's insights are normally good, but maybe he's not been eating his Wheaties.

Honestly, if we don't get Lawrence some good receivers (which I don't see happening,) we might as well trade him. He's just being wasted here. The only way we're gonna get good pass catchers is via a trade and we're gonna have to overpay. No good WR's are gonna want to come here, no matter how much we offer them. This place is where players end their career, not build them up. This team is a wasteland. No one wants to come here for any amount of money. There are only a few WR's in the draft that I view as "difference makers" and they are likely to be all gone before round 2. What exactly are we supposed to do?

A couple options:
1. Sign a free agent (Godwin, Gallup, Williams) and resign Chark
2. The Jags sit at the top of Round 2 and have ammo to move into the late first round when someone they like slides
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I would love to see an Allen Robinson - Davante Adams double down in free agency. Those two combined with Chark and MJJ would be an insane WR core.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 08:49 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-27-2021, 06:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The Dolphins do have a lot of cap space, so they're likely to re-sign him. If they choose not to, why would he not choose Jacksonville if they give him the best offer? I just used Gesecki as an example of a 2nd receiving tight end after Arnold. Dalton Schultz would be another and the Cowboys do not have much cap room to keep him. The draft class is pretty deep at tight end and the Jags can likely find a good one with one of their 3rd rounders.

As far as difference makers, why can't Bell be that guy? Did you believe Cooper Kupp would be a difference maker prior to being drafted in the 3rd round? He ran over a 4.6 at the combine. How about Tyreek Hill who was taken in the 5th due to his slight stature? Shad Khan needs to hire the "right" general manager who knows how to find talent. If he doesn't, the Jaguars will likely fail to make the playoffs during either of our lifetimes!

Really? Let's see... we have an unprecedented history of losing. We've had many players leave our team and bad mouth the organization to other players and an unproven owner who makes mistake after mistake. We're a disaster! Iraq has a civil war, starvation and people are prosecuted by a radical government, not to mention it's in the middle of the desert. This team is basically the Iraq of the NFL. Would you spend a few years in Iraq for a large amount of money? I sure wouldn't. Why would any player with any options what so ever, want to come to Jacksonville for? This team is at least 3 years away from even being competitive. Free agents know that and are gonna avoid this team like the plague. 

Bell needs people around him to be successful. We have nothing and we're getting the bottom of the barrel in free agency. Cooper Kupp is successful, because he has Robert Woods and now Odell Beckum opposite him. He is not the type of receiver who can carry a team. He is one of the best possession receivers in the NFL due to his terrific route running, but he needs help though and so would Bell. Tyreek Hill is dynamic. Players that gifted are rare. I believe Jameson Williams can be that type of player, but he will be long gone when we pick in round 2. I believe he is the only type of receiver like that in this draft. The stature of a receiver is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If they have speed and run good routes, stature means nothing.

(12-27-2021, 07:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I would love to see an Allen Robinson - Davante Adams double down in free agency. Those two combined with Chark and MJJ would be an insane WR core.

In your dreams.

(12-27-2021, 07:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I would love to see an Allen Robinson - Davante Adams double down in free agency. Those two combined with Chark and MJJ would be an insane WR core.

Adams, yes, but Robinson is not getting any faster. He might as well bulk up and become a tight end.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Haven’t read the thread. Has there been a T Wiggins joke yet?

(12-27-2021, 08:51 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread. Has there been a T Wiggins joke yet?

??????????

Why would the Bengals break this up?
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/...5255198722

(12-27-2021, 09:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Why would the Bengals break this up?
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/...5255198722

It doesn't really matter now anyway. Apparently Baalke is being retained, so this team is doomed and Trevor Lawrence's career is ending before it even got off the ground.

(12-27-2021, 08:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 08:51 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread. Has there been a T Wiggins joke yet?

??????????

Seriously? T Wigg?  No?