Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we trade for Tee Higgins?

(12-27-2021, 08:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 06:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The Dolphins do have a lot of cap space, so they're likely to re-sign him. If they choose not to, why would he not choose Jacksonville if they give him the best offer? I just used Gesecki as an example of a 2nd receiving tight end after Arnold. Dalton Schultz would be another and the Cowboys do not have much cap room to keep him. The draft class is pretty deep at tight end and the Jags can likely find a good one with one of their 3rd rounders.

As far as difference makers, why can't Bell be that guy? Did you believe Cooper Kupp would be a difference maker prior to being drafted in the 3rd round? He ran over a 4.6 at the combine. How about Tyreek Hill who was taken in the 5th due to his slight stature? Shad Khan needs to hire the "right" general manager who knows how to find talent. If he doesn't, the Jaguars will likely fail to make the playoffs during either of our lifetimes!

Really? Let's see... we have an unprecedented history of losing. We've had many players leave our team and bad mouth the organization to other players and an unproven owner who makes mistake after mistake. We're a disaster! Iraq has a civil war, starvation and people are prosecuted by a radical government, not to mention it's in the middle of the desert. This team is basically the Iraq of the NFL. Would you spend a few years in Iraq for a large amount of money? I sure wouldn't. Why would any player with any options what so ever, want to come to Jacksonville for? This team is at least 3 years away from even being competitive. Free agents know that and are gonna avoid this team like the plague. 

Bell needs people around him to be successful. We have nothing and we're getting the bottom of the barrel in free agency. Cooper Kupp is successful, because he has Robert Woods and now Odell Beckum opposite him. He is not the type of receiver who can carry a team. He is one of the best possession receivers in the NFL due to his terrific route running, but he needs help though and so would Bell. Tyreek Hill is dynamic. Players that gifted are rare. I believe Jameson Williams can be that type of player, but he will be long gone when we pick in round 2. I believe he is the only type of receiver like that in this draft. The stature of a receiver is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If they have speed and run good routes, stature means nothing.

(12-27-2021, 07:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I would love to see an Allen Robinson - Davante Adams double down in free agency. Those two combined with Chark and MJJ would be an insane WR core.

In your dreams.

Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson and A.J. Bouye - to name just three- all had several options and chose the lowly Jaguars. They also had Blake Bortles as their quarterback- not Trevoor Lawrence.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-27-2021, 08:50 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 07:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I would love to see an Allen Robinson - Davante Adams double down in free agency. Those two combined with Chark and MJJ would be an insane WR core.

Adams, yes, but Robinson is not getting any faster. He might as well bulk up and become a tight end.

I understand the fixation on speed unfortunately if speed were the only attribute needed to win games, we could have just thrown Dorsett, Austin and Agnew on the field and had the best WR core in history right?

Allen Robinson would be an amazing WR #2 to Davante Adams. Chark could be the speed guy.. would probably do very well if he wasn't the #1.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 02:45 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-27-2021, 10:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 08:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Really? Let's see... we have an unprecedented history of losing. We've had many players leave our team and bad mouth the organization to other players and an unproven owner who makes mistake after mistake. We're a disaster! Iraq has a civil war, starvation and people are prosecuted by a radical government, not to mention it's in the middle of the desert. This team is basically the Iraq of the NFL. Would you spend a few years in Iraq for a large amount of money? I sure wouldn't. Why would any player with any options what so ever, want to come to Jacksonville for? This team is at least 3 years away from even being competitive. Free agents know that and are gonna avoid this team like the plague. 

Bell needs people around him to be successful. We have nothing and we're getting the bottom of the barrel in free agency. Cooper Kupp is successful, because he has Robert Woods and now Odell Beckum opposite him. He is not the type of receiver who can carry a team. He is one of the best possession receivers in the NFL due to his terrific route running, but he needs help though and so would Bell. Tyreek Hill is dynamic. Players that gifted are rare. I believe Jameson Williams can be that type of player, but he will be long gone when we pick in round 2. I believe he is the only type of receiver like that in this draft. The stature of a receiver is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If they have speed and run good routes, stature means nothing.

In your dreams.

Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson and A.J. Bouye - to name just three- all had several options and chose the lowly Jaguars. They also had Blake Bortles as their quarterback- not Trevoor Lawrence.

This team was in a much better place back then, than we are right now. Many things have changed, (not for the better) since those guys signed on. Right now, this is the worst situation we have been in, since this team was created.

(12-27-2021, 11:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 08:50 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Adams, yes, but Robinson is not getting any faster. He might as well bulk up and become a tight end.

I understand the fixation on speed unfortunately if speed were the only attribute needed to win games, we could have just thrown Dorsett, Austin and Agnew on the field and had the best WR core in history right?

Allen Robinson would be an amazing WR #2 to Davante Adams. Chark could be the speed guy.. would probably do very well if he wasn't the #1.

Thinking we even have a chance to sign Davante Adams, is like thinking we can win a Super Bowl next year with our current lineup. It's completely unrealistic.

(12-28-2021, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson and A.J. Bouye - to name just three- all had several options and chose the lowly Jaguars. They also had Blake Bortles as their quarterback- not Trevoor Lawrence.

This team was in a much better place back then, than we are right now. Many things have changed, (not for the better) since those guys signed on. Right now, this is the worst situation we have been in, since this team was created.

(12-27-2021, 11:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I understand the fixation on speed unfortunately if speed were the only attribute needed to win games, we could have just thrown Dorsett, Austin and Agnew on the field and had the best WR core in history right?

Thinking we even have a chance to sign Davante Adams, is like thinking we can win a Super Bowl next year with our current lineup. It's completely unrealistic.

At this point, at least there's the possibility he hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent.  In that case, at least there's the chance  he follows the money and we offer him the most.  At least there's the chance he is somehow intrigued by playing with Trevor Lawrence and for whomever the Jaguars hire as head coach.

Of course with the team retaining Baalke, we'll screw up the coaching search.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-28-2021, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson and A.J. Bouye - to name just three- all had several options and chose the lowly Jaguars. They also had Blake Bortles as their quarterback- not Trevoor Lawrence.

(12-27-2021, 11:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I understand the fixation on speed unfortunately if speed were the only attribute needed to win games, we could have just thrown Dorsett, Austin and Agnew on the field and had the best WR core in history right?

Depends what Adams goals are. I think we may have the best option to give him the largest contract. Does he want to set himself up for life money wise or will he take less to go to a more consistent winner? Or will Trent Balke try to sign Chris Godwin now that he blew out his ACL.. find out next time on Dragon ball Z

(12-28-2021, 03:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This team was in a much better place back then, than we are right now. Many things have changed, (not for the better) since those guys signed on. Right now, this is the worst situation we have been in, since this team was created.

At this point, at least there's the possibility he hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent.  In that case, at least there's the chance  he follows the money and we offer him the most.  At least there's the chance he is somehow intrigued by playing with Trevor Lawrence and for whomever the Jaguars hire as head coach.

As crazy as it sounds Adams wont be chasing money but he will be chasing Aaron Rodgers. He too might end up in Denver. Those two are really good friends outside of football. 

I dont think money is a factor at this point in his career but rather winning and making history.

(12-28-2021, 06:24 AM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 03:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: At this point, at least there's the possibility he hits the open market as an unrestricted free agent.  In that case, at least there's the chance  he follows the money and we offer him the most.  At least there's the chance he is somehow intrigued by playing with Trevor Lawrence and for whomever the Jaguars hire as head coach.

As crazy as it sounds Adams wont be chasing money but he will be chasing Aaron Rodgers. He too might end up in Denver. Those two are really good friends outside of football. 

I dont think money is a factor at this point in his career but rather winning and making history.

Not crazy sounding at all.

Aside from there being lots of speculation that Adams will leave if Rodgers leaves, it would make sense for his career for him to stay with Rodgers.  The only thing that keeps it from being completely plausible is that Denver is fairly well stocked at WR, and I'm not sure they'd spend the money to get both Roders and Adams here, even if Adams came at a comparative discount.

(12-28-2021, 08:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 06:24 AM)YouMadThough Wrote: As crazy as it sounds Adams wont be chasing money but he will be chasing Aaron Rodgers. He too might end up in Denver. Those two are really good friends outside of football. 

Not crazy sounding at all.

Aside from there being lots of speculation that Adams will leave if Rodgers leaves, it would make sense for his career for him to stay with Rodgers.  The only thing that keeps it from being completely plausible is that Denver is fairly well stocked at WR, and I'm not sure they'd spend the money to get both Roders and Adams here, even if Adams came at a comparative discount.

I still believe Rodgers goes to Pittsburgh. In that case, Adams would fit right in there as JuJu's replacement.

(12-28-2021, 08:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 08:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Not crazy sounding at all.

I still believe Rodgers goes to Pittsburgh. In that case, Adams would fit right in there as JuJu's replacement.

This, too, is plausible.

I am nauseated at the thought.

How can a franchise have three Hall of Fame QBs within a 50 year span (and two other Pro bowl/playoff QBs in between in Neil O Donnell and Kordell Stewart) while our franchise can be so inept from top to bottom for so ling?!?

(12-28-2021, 08:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 08:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still believe Rodgers goes to Pittsburgh. In that case, Adams would fit right in there as JuJu's replacement.

This, too, is plausible.

I am nauseated at the thought.

How can a franchise have three Hall of Fame QBs within a 50 year span (and two other Pro bowl/playoff QBs in between in Neil O Donnell and Kordell Stewart) while our franchise can be so inept from top to bottom for so ling?!?

Bad ownership.

I think Rodgers goes to Denver as his girl lives there and that would be a great fit with all the weapons they have on offense