Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Impressions: Devin Loyd

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 10:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-04-2021, 09:29 PM)Upper Wrote: Meh, it's possible but it would be unwise. If we trade down in the top 10 we need to be going for Jameson. If we trade back a little farther than that we need to get one of the OSU receivers. There isn't really a point where Lloyd would be the best pick for us.

I was thinking if we traded back with a team like the Jets, Giants or Eagles that have multiple picks, maybe we could land Jameson and Lloyd. That's a big "if" though. Most likely if we traded back, we would probably land a 1st and 2nd in 2022 and maybe a pick in 2023. In that case, Jameson Williams would definitely be our first round target next year. There are still some very good ILB's that could be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

At this point, it's fair to say, I have my heart set on Jameson Williams. IMO, he is far and away the best receiver in this class. Olave and Wilson are a distant 2nd and they are both very good receivers, but Williams is special.

Here's a pretty unrealistic scenario, but a fun one none the less. Imagine if we took Jameson Williams in the first round and for whatever reason, either Olave or Wilson falls all the way to our pick in round 2. What do you do? I easily make whichever one falls, my 2nd round selection and know I'm giving Trevor Lawrence the best chance to succeed by giving him a pair of excellent receivers that he can grow with.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 10:30 PM by Upper.)

Neither of the OSU guys will fall that far, but say we do wind up with Jameson in the top 10 I would absolutely still take a WR in the early 2nd if someone like Dotson is still around. I have zero problem doubling up if the talent fits.

(12-04-2021, 10:29 PM)Upper Wrote: Neither of the OSU guys will fall that far, but say we do wind up with Jameson in the top 10 I would absolutely still take a WR in the early 2nd if someone like Dotson is still around. I have zero problem doubling up if the talent fits.

I'm not as high on Dotson as others. It's not that I don't like him, I do, but I'm not completely sold on him as being the BAP with that 2nd round pick. With that said, if John Metchie happened to fall to us in round 3, I'd probably bite. I do think we should have every intention of double-dipping at WR in this draft though. Not in any specific rounds, but we need to come away with one big play WR and a great route runner with excellent hands. Something tells me that Urban is gonna just look for speed and he won't even take route running or hands into consideration though.