Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The number 1 goal this off season

Spend the money and hire a TOP notch offensive coordinator. Draft one of those super speedy great wr that the jags never draft. I'm talking about like a chase type or lamb type. Maybe get 2 of those. Fix the right tackle problem. Resign the playere who NEED to be resigned. Hit on a good player or 2 on defense in the draft and free agency

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sign any of the following receivers OBJ, Devante Adams or chris godwin

or trade for Michael Thomas

draft Jameson Williams out of Alabama

bring chark back

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 02:02 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(12-01-2021, 10:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm hoping a new GM/HC are the primary goals this offseason.

Of course the current combo did jack [BLEEP] to help the #1 pick and whomever is calling shots in 2022 will have to do the work they neglected.
Hopefully it's someone smarter than Baalke and Meyer.

Not with Shad at the helm. He gave Caldwell nearly a decade.

The top 3 needs right away on this team.

1. Wide receiver
2. Wide receiver
3. Wide receiver
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-01-2021, 11:04 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree that the primary goal is to help Trevor get better. In order of importance these are the changes I'd make:

1. Hire an offensive coordinator to replace Bevell. Since Meyer will unfortunately be returning, this would be the most important change.

2. Make every effort to utilize the 3rd highest salary cap number by signing at least one elite free agent- preferably Godwin or Armstead.

3. Prioritize the offensive line unit since they failed miserably at this last off-season. If Armstead doesn't sign here, franchise Robinson again. Replace Taylor with Walker Little if he proves that he can be effective at right
    tackle. Draft an interior lineman in rounds 2 or 3. Hopefully Norwell will agree to a new short-term deal at a reasonable price, but it's more likely he'll take the best offer- likely from another team. Since Taylor is not
    expensive, try moving him to guard to compete for a starting spot.

4. Draft the BAP in round 1- hopefully it will be Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. A much improved pass rush will help Lawrence even though it's on the other side of the ball.

5. Try to re-sign Chark to a short term deal. When healthy, he's at least a solid number 2 receiver. Even if this happens, still go after Godwin in free agency. Draft a receiver in rounds 2 or 3 since there will be great value
    in both rounds at this position.

Even by addressing these 5 areas, this team would need one additional off-season to realistically be a serious threat in the AFC. That being said, it would be disappointing if they didn't win at least 8 games in 2022.

....anyone else wonder if Urbz would look past Hutch based on where he's been playing? I'm sure Shelley X would be beside herself.

If Cam is our option, I'd rather sign him to a 3 year (or so deal) rather than franchise and pay waaaaaaay more than he's going to be worth.

(12-01-2021, 12:03 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Sign any of the following receivers OBJ, Devante Adams or chris godwin

or trade for Michael Thomas

draft Jameson Williams out of Alabama

bring chark back

OBJ no
Godwin Yes
Adams Yes, but no chance
Thomas no
Williams yes
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

New coach

And some damn WR's for TLaw

Quality receivers and an upgrade at our OTs should be the priority.

(12-01-2021, 11:04 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I agree that the primary goal is to help Trevor get better. In order of importance these are the changes I'd make:

1. Hire an offensive coordinator to replace Bevell. Since Meyer will unfortunately be returning, this would be the most important change.

This must happen, but I foresee Schottenheimer taking the role. As the "passing game coordinator," he's not successfully tutored Trevor in reading zone defenses. I can't see any proven NFL coordinators coming into this situation. Would a college coordinator from Urb's network be an upgrade?

2. Make every effort to utilize the 3rd highest salary cap number by signing at least one elite free agent- preferably Godwin or Armstead.

Godwin is an iffy WR #1. He thrives with Mike Evans and Antonio Brown. I'd go all-in on Armstead and Davante Adams/Michael Thomas please. 

3. Prioritize the offensive line unit since they failed miserably at this last off-season. If Armstead doesn't sign here, franchise Robinson again. Replace Taylor with Walker Little if he proves that he can be effective at right
    tackle. Draft an interior lineman in rounds 2 or 3. Hopefully Norwell will agree to a new short-term deal at a reasonable price, but it's more likely he'll take the best offer- likely from another team. Since Taylor is not
    expensive, try moving him to guard to compete for a starting spot.

Little should be the left tackle starter if Armstead can't be signed; otherwise kick him to the right side. Under no circumstances is franchising Robinson at an even higher cap number acceptable. He's a lower level starter. Taylor needs to ride the bench or learn how to play guard. 

4. Draft the BAP in round 1- hopefully it will be Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. A much improved pass rush will help Lawrence even though it's on the other side of the ball.

Those guys would be no-brainers if they fell to the Jags. 

5. Try to re-sign Chark to a short term deal. When healthy, he's at least a solid number 2 receiver. Even if this happens, still go after Godwin in free agency. Draft a receiver in rounds 2 or 3 since there will be great value
    in both rounds at this position.

Yes to this. Davante Adams or Michael Thomas. Viska and Chark can compete for WR #2 with a rookie. Marvin Jones is a reliable complementary piece, but shouldn't top 2 on the depth chart at this stage of his career. 

Even by addressing these 5 areas, this team would need one additional off-season to realistically be a serious threat in the AFC. That being said, it would be disappointing if they didn't win at least 8 games in 2022.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Gallup is the sneaky WR we should target if Godwin isn't interested in signing with a cellar dweller, and then we draft whichever of the 6-7 1st rounded graded WRs slips to us in the early 2nd. If it was cheap enough, like a couple of our tons of day 3 picks, then I would trade up to 30-32 to grab one of those WR even.

There will most likely be changes that I am aware of this offeason, and most fans will be tepid at best about what they are potentially.

Doubt we have any chance at Devonte Adams… he will be with a contender… may have a sneaky shot if we overpay Godwin… but we need receivers and have money …. Best bet to upgrade may be to overpay Godwin or Gallup…. Trade our way into drafting one of Ohio State receivers coming out… maybe even try to trade for the like of Michael Thomas since there is a connection there… but we need to accomplish 2 of the above 3 scenarios at a minimum… from there you would hope that etienne and chark could offer us something next year . 

And yes to as much o line help as we can get . Free agency and with our first pick if we don’t trade down.

(12-02-2021, 10:50 AM)Upper Wrote: Gallup is the sneaky WR we should target if Godwin isn't interested in signing with a cellar dweller, and then we draft whichever of the 6-7 1st rounded graded WRs slips to us in the early 2nd. If it was cheap enough, like a couple of our tons of day 3 picks, then I would trade up to 30-32 to grab one of those WR even.

I like Gallup too, but he's been teamed with some very good receivers that keep the focus off of him.  How good would he be if he's expected to be the best receiver on the team?  Would he be any better than Marvin Jones in this situation?

(12-02-2021, 11:12 AM)TTechJag85 Wrote: Doubt we have any chance at Devonte Adams… he will be with a contender… may have a sneaky shot if we overpay Godwin… but we need receivers and have money …. Best bet to upgrade may be to overpay Godwin or Gallup…. Trade our way into drafting one of Ohio State receivers coming out… maybe even try to trade for the like of Michael Thomas since there is a connection there… but we need to accomplish 2 of the above 3 scenarios at a minimum… from there you would hope that etienne and chark could offer us something next year . 

And yes to as much o line help as we can get . Free agency and with our first pick if we don’t trade down.

Yes , I think we need to trade for Michael Thomas if he is 100% healthy and try to sign one of the top WRs

(12-02-2021, 11:17 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 10:50 AM)Upper Wrote: Gallup is the sneaky WR we should target if Godwin isn't interested in signing with a cellar dweller, and then we draft whichever of the 6-7 1st rounded graded WRs slips to us in the early 2nd. If it was cheap enough, like a couple of our tons of day 3 picks, then I would trade up to 30-32 to grab one of those WR even.

I like Gallup too, but he's been teamed with some very good receivers that keep the focus off of him.  How good would he be if he's expected to be the best receiver on the team?  Would he be any better than Marvin Jones in this situation?

100% He would be Marvin Jones. I do not want to be the team that pays him top notch money expecting him to be anything more than he has been in Dallas. We'd essential be paying a 3rd or 4th string WR top tier money to be a #1 wide reciever. No thanks

(12-02-2021, 11:17 AM)scottyg Wrote:

Marvin simply can't separate at all anymore. Gallup would be a far better #2 option than him. We would still need a bonafide #1 WR, but hopefully that's what the pick at 35 or whatever it winds up being turns in to.

I sick of these inept and slow recievers if we end up picking 2 or 3 im trading back to 5,6,7 and grabbing Jameson Williams out of Alabama

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 12:46 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

would like to resign chark jr if that's possible. He could be a good #2 wr. Add on a true #1wr through the draft. Take a shot at adding 2 wrs. Need some depth. Marvin would be nice to sneak in there in the slot. He has great hands.

(12-02-2021, 12:43 PM)Jag88 Wrote: would like to resign chark jr if that's possible. He could be a good #2 wr. Add on a true #1wr through the draft. Take a shot at adding 2 wrs. Need some depth. Marvin would be nice to sneak in there in the slot. He has great hands.

I'd move on from Jones and replace him with some youthful speed but I could probably be talked into keeping him in the slot. Maybe real threats on the outside will make him more effective

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 02:51 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-02-2021, 12:15 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 11:17 AM)scottyg Wrote: I like Gallup too, but he's been teamed with some very good receivers that keep the focus off of him.  How good would he be if he's expected to be the best receiver on the team?  Would he be any better than Marvin Jones in this situation?

100% He would be Marvin Jones. I do not want to be the team that pays him top notch money expecting him to be anything more than he has been in Dallas. We'd essential be paying a 3rd or 4th string WR top tier money to be a #1 wide reciever. No thanks

I 3rd this.  I like Gallup and he was who I wanted when we took Chark.  Gallup is a mixture between Jones and Shenault.  He a tough runner and breaks tackles but he is a better route runner than Shenault. Gallup isn't much different than what we have and not a guy I want to overpay for.  Not a good fit with what we already have

(12-02-2021, 12:43 PM)Jag88 Wrote: would like to resign chark jr if that's possible. He could be a good #2 wr. Add on a true #1wr through the draft. Take a shot at adding 2 wrs. Need some depth. Marvin would be nice to sneak in there in the slot. He has great hands.

I like this too