Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many wins....

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 03:13 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

are left on the schedule?  Remaining games are as follows:

At Rams
Texans
At NE
At Titans
At Jets
Colts

I see maybe one more, the Texans.  Indy will prob be fighting for a wild card, Titans for a 1st wk bye, NE for a division, same with the Rams. The Jets might be close, but they (the Jets) are better by just a little.  And maybe a better question, how many should we root for? Thoughts?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We don't "win" anymore. we Tie the Jets, with 0.

Seriously though, I think the only 2 "winnable" games are Texans and Jets, I do think we can beat the Jets, but I don't know if we're "better" than anyone. I don't think we beat the Texans.

tinhorns and jets are the only sensible possibilities, but I don't think the Jags will win any more games this year.

(12-01-2021, 02:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: are left on the schedule?  Remaining games are as follows:

At Rams
Texans
At NE
At Titans
At Jets
Colts

I see maybe one more, the Texans.  Indy will prob be fighting for a wild card, Titans for a 1st wk bye, NE for a division, same with the Rams. The Jets might be close, but they (the Jets) are better by just a little.  And maybe a better question, how many should we root for? Thoughts?

I cannot with any confidence say there are any left.

I still don't give a toot about Ws and Ls, though. I want to see Trevor operate like a starting NFL QB. I want to see a gameplan that uses the players we're stuck with at this stage in the season in a way that generates more production than one fluky play or taking advantage of prevent D/garbage time.

My biggest fear is that the give-up spreads throughout the team as it has in the past. Losing is a habit, and a hard one to break. We need to focus on winning series, sets of downs first. Put those together, get consistent, and the game wins will come. Far too often I see an offense ruled by doubt or lifeless effort rather than one that decides they are going to get this first down, regardless of who is lined up against them. When you don't think you can, self-fulfilling prophecy wins.

[Image: sebastian-maniscalco-look-at-this-guy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-01-2021, 02:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: are left on the schedule?  Remaining games are as follows:

At Rams
Texans
At NE
At Titans
At Jets
Colts

I'll guess one more but because the Jags never do what you expect, I'll pick them to beat the tacks.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

2 more wins

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 06:22 PM by Jag88.)

Im Usually the optimistic one, but I think it is 2 wins at the most if this offense keeps playing as bad as it has. It could even be 0, but I hope the offense gets going.

what do I hope? 2 wins
what do I think? zero wins

Hopium is a hell of a drug.  Laughing
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I predict 1 more win.

I'd be surprised if we got one more win.

One more win, at most.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 08:19 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

Realistically, they probably have the stars align once more and catch someone off guard and drop a few places in the draft order.

We haven't won a road game in a couple years. The Texans at home is the only team I think we have a chance against

Do we get a sticker if we guess correctly?

If the offence can figure it out they are all winnable if the defense stays course. If the offence stays stagnant i think we only have a chance against NYJ, Hou, Tenn and Indy. As we always play our division Close.

(12-01-2021, 06:53 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hopium

You owe me a monitor.

At Rams - Lose
Texans - Win
At NE - Lose
At Titans - Lose
At Jets - Win
Colts - Win

3 more wins.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 12:59 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-01-2021, 08:12 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Do we get a sticker if we guess correctly?

In the spirit of current educational philosphy, stickers will be awarded to all participants. However, small cheap trophies held together with miracle glue will be awarded to all those who predict the win total for the season. I dont like to blow my own horn ever, but I'm only none or 1 more win away from the link below coming to pass. Wish I'd put more money on it.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1355995
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

2 more wins vs the Tinhorns & Jets which will knock the Jags lower in the draft order than them. It'll happen.