Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many wins....

(12-06-2021, 09:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:45 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Current draft order.  Didn't our OC come from Detroit?  Makes sense....

Pick   Team Record Win% GB SOS      Streak
1 Detroit            1-10-1 .125 -- .529 Won 1
2 Jacksonville  2-10 .167 0.5 .505 Lost 4
3 Houston          2-10 .167 0.5 .505 Lost 2
4 NY Jets          3-9         .250 1.5 .505 Lost 1
5 Seattle            4-8         .333 2.5 .507 Won 1
6 Chicago  4-8         .333 2.5 .517 Lost 1
Jags are still at 3.

That info was from Tankathon. Looks like our game with Houston will be a playoff...lol
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-03-2021, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I stick by my .250 prediction.

After yesterday’s game, I’m rescinding my previous stance. I think we’ve won our last game this season. If we do happen to pull one out, it will be hollow.

(12-06-2021, 09:59 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags are still at 3.

That info was from Tankathon. Looks like our game with Houston will be a playoff...lol
Yea I just noticed that. They seem to be the only ones with the Jags at pick 2.

Either way, we suck.

(12-06-2021, 09:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:45 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Current draft order.  Didn't our OC come from Detroit?  Makes sense....

Pick   Team Record Win% GB SOS      Streak
1 Detroit            1-10-1 .125 -- .529 Won 1
2 Jacksonville  2-10 .167 0.5 .505 Lost 4
3 Houston          2-10 .167 0.5 .505 Lost 2
4 NY Jets          3-9         .250 1.5 .505 Lost 1
5 Seattle            4-8         .333 2.5 .507 Won 1
6 Chicago  4-8         .333 2.5 .517 Lost 1
Jags are still at 3.

I'm also seeing us at #2.  We have the same record and exact same strength of schedule as Houston.  (It isn't as surprising as it might sound as we play in the same division and mostly play the same teams.)  The tie-breaker then goes to division tie breakers where the Jaguars, right now, would get the earlier pick because they lost head-to-head to Houston.

That being said, the tie breaker means little at this time as the two teams play again.  The loser of that game will likely be in sole possession of the second pick.

Not too worry, next week the Lions will be 2-10-1 and we'll be 2-11 and in sole possession of the #1 pick baby!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-06-2021, 11:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not too worry, next week the Lions will be 2-10-1 and we'll be 2-11 and in sole possession of the #1 pick baby!

Fully expect this to happen.  Has any team ever had back to back #1 picks?

(12-06-2021, 11:51 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not too worry, next week the Lions will be 2-10-1 and we'll be 2-11 and in sole possession of the #1 pick baby!

Fully expect this to happen.  Has any team ever had back to back #1 picks?

Yes, several times but most recently the Browns took Tim Couch and Courtney Brown back to back in 1999 and 2000 then again with Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield in 2017 and 2018.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The smart thing would be to trade down.. but yeah we will reach at 1 and do something stupid. Maybe we will get a wide receiver with bad hamstrings or another olinemen with an ACL.

(12-06-2021, 01:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: The smart thing would be to trade down.. but yeah we will reach at 1 and do something stupid. Maybe we will get a wide receiver with bad hamstrings or another olinemen with an ACL.

We could always draft this generation's Luke Joeckel. There's gotta be one out there somewhere.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-06-2021, 01:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 01:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: The smart thing would be to trade down..  but yeah we will reach at 1 and do something stupid. Maybe we will get a wide receiver with bad hamstrings or another olinemen with an ACL.

We could always draft this generation's Luke Joeckel.  There's gotta be one out there somewhere.

If the Jaguars have the pick, that someone will come.

(12-02-2021, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm at the point of setting our sights for the #2 pick in the draft.

I can go along with that. Give Baalke and Urbz the chance to choose another running back we don't need for the #2 pick. Or, if Baalke gets his way, the best available player with a torn ACL.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(12-10-2021, 11:24 AM)Sibelius Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm at the point of setting our sights for the #2 pick in the draft.

I can go along with that. Give Baalke and Urbz the chance to choose another running back we don't need for the #2 pick. Or, if Baalke gets his way, the best available player with a torn ACL.

Why aim for #2 with #1 still in play?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 01:22 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Based on the firing of Meyer, I revise my previous prediction of no more wins.

Texans - Win
At NE - Lose
At Titans - Lose
At Jets - Win
Colts - Lose
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-16-2021, 01:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Based on the firing of Meyer, I revise my previous prediction of no more wins.

Texans - Win
At NE - Lose
At Titans - Lose
At Jets - Win
Colts - Lose

That seems possible.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 07:23 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Any additional wins after today's result? I don't see any....

(12-26-2021, 07:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Any additional wins after today's result? I don't see any....

It's impossible.

Not unless there's a Bills level upset. You don't get many of those per season though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

There's no way. The Patriots are on a 2 game slide in a play off hunt for a wildcard and so are the red hot clots after dunking on the Patriots and Cardinals two weeks in a row.

Props to Reich. Had my doubts on him. He's got a great thing going with Wentz and Taylor offensively though. Could see them duking it out with the tacks or Chiefs to get into the Superbowl in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If the jags have that #1 spot locked up, they need to go ruin the Pat's season

(12-26-2021, 09:41 PM)Jag88 Wrote: If the jags have that #1 spot locked up, they need to go ruin the Pat's season

They're guaranteed a top 2 pick even if they win another game. Losing both guarantees the #1 pick.