Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reaction if they win

What will be the local reaction if the Jaguars beat the Rams?  National? Jalen?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shoeys all around

I hope our guys are ready. Ramsey is going to be talking some serious smack out there. We’re penalized enough already.

Man that would be epic! Would be like FSU beating Miami or UF on an otherwise down year for me.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 03:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It would be great if we can get the win. Ramsey would cry like a baby

I'd wonder if Snowy was back to writing the league office again.

(12-02-2021, 05:51 PM)Mikey Wrote: I'd wonder if Snowy was back to writing the league office again.

I sure hope so. That’s the only thing that seems to work lol.

Locally? "Ya know we're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet." Nationally: Stunned silence, then cut to a commercial.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 07:49 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The game against the Bills was a huge shock. That game was unbelievable. This one would be about the same or better. The thing about the win against the Bill's was how the defense balled out and the jags were able to win with almost 0 offense

(12-02-2021, 03:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope our guys are ready. Ramsey is going to be talking some serious smack out there. We’re penalized enough already.

If we were smart we'd instead try to get in his head. Dude is a head case. And he can be baited just like rayshawn can.

Can we do a 1 day trade with AZ for AJ Green just so he can put Ramsey in a choke hold again for old times sake?

Disbelief
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-02-2021, 09:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Can we do a 1 day trade with AZ for AJ Green just so he can put Ramsey in a choke hold again for old times sake?

[Image: ajgreen.0.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

No way we win. This is a get right game for the Rans.

Unless the zebras are told beforehand to throw flags all day against the Rams. Then maybe it's possible. I feel like that's our only chance to sustain a drive and win a game.

(12-02-2021, 09:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 09:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Can we do a 1 day trade with AZ for AJ Green just so he can put Ramsey in a choke hold again for old times sake?

[Image: ajgreen.0.gif]

I wish one of our guys had the stones to do it.

I also fantasize about one of our TEs (or pulling guards) de-cleating him with a block he's not expecting.  Anything to shut his chirping mouth.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(12-02-2021, 10:54 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: No way we win. This is a get right game for the Rans.

Unless the zebras are told beforehand to throw flags all day against the Rams. Then maybe it's possible. I feel like that's our only chance to sustain a drive and win a game.

Probably accurate, but I feel like our guys will be pumped up for this game.

It would show the inconsistency in our coaching staff and ultimately not be a good thing. We aren't good. We aren't talented. Ultimately, anything we do to impact our draft position at this point is more detrimental than a moral victory.

This reminds me of the people who rooted for us to win game 17 in a 3 win season because they thought that would carry momentum over.

We stink and draft position is the most important thing right now.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 09:56 AM by Mikey.)

(12-02-2021, 07:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The game against the Bills was a huge shock. That game was unbelievable. This one would be about the same or better. The thing about the win against the Bill's was how the defense balled out and the jags were able to win with almost 0 offense

They had like 120 yards in penalties. For us to beat the ROMS, I believe that number would have to be doubled.

Consider how poorly Buffalo played and we beat them by a mere field goal. If a team is that far off their game, it should be a trouncing. Heck, look was the tinhorns did to the tacks a few weeks ago. That was a stunner.

The final score isn't even the big deal here. If we get another 9-6 win over the Rams but we continue to look like hot garbage on the field, what is there to celebrate? I'd rather see us lose a shootout where our QB looks like he can hold his own against top defenses than win a stinker. In the long run, it's what we need to see developing.

(12-03-2021, 06:45 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 09:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: ajgreen.0.gif]

I wish one of our guys had the stones to do it.

I also fantasize about one of our TEs (or pulling guards) de-cleating him with a block he's not expecting.  Anything to shut his chirping mouth.

He has a history of back problems, so a blindside block might draw a flag but accomplish your goal Big Grin

(12-03-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It would show the inconsistency in our coaching staff and ultimately not be a good thing. We aren't good. We aren't talented. Ultimately,  anything we do to impact our draft position at this point is more detrimental than a moral victory. 

This reminds me of the people who rooted for us to win game 17 in a 3 win season because they thought that would carry momentum over.

We stink and draft position is the most important thing right now.

....this is debatable. If we knew this was the end of a process, and expected a bunch of churn at the end of the season in terms of coaching, management, or roster, I'd agree. But at this stage in the build it's pretty important that the team start learning how to put together a series of little wins in a game to secure victories. I think a team like the Rams is vastly overpowered compared to us, though, so that goal may have to wait a week. But to say it's better to lose to a team like the tinhorns or jest where we are probably on equal footing may only serve to perpetuate losing culture.

We gon die this weekend, make no mistake. But as is customary for Jag fans, we can remain hopeful that the future will hold something different.

As much as I dislike Ramsey, I have a modicum of respect for achieving what he thought was best for him. Tom Coughlin was constantly jerking everyone’s chain and the team nosedived after 2017. Ramsey is an attention whore who knew he couldn’t get what he wanted here so he made the changes happen. Like him or not, he got to the place which serves him best professionally and personally.