Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reaction if they win

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 10:10 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-03-2021, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It would show the inconsistency in our coaching staff and ultimately not be a good thing. We aren't good. We aren't talented. Ultimately,  anything we do to impact our draft position at this point is more detrimental than a moral victory. 

This reminds me of the people who rooted for us to win game 17 in a 3 win season because they thought that would carry momentum over.

We stink and draft position is the most important thing right now.

....this is debatable. If we knew this was the end of a process, and expected a bunch of churn at the end of the season in terms of coaching, management, or roster, I'd agree. But at this stage in the build it's pretty important that the team start learning how to put together a series of little wins in a game to secure victories. I think a team like the Rams is vastly overpowered compared to us, though, so that goal may have to wait a week. But to say it's better to lose to a team like the tinhorns or jest where we are probably on equal footing may only serve to perpetuate losing culture.

We gon die this weekend, make no mistake. But as is customary for Jag fans, we can remain hopeful that the future will hold something different.
Except there's no correlation between end-of-the-season wins and the wins the following season.

It's better for this team to pick as high as possible every round to give them a better chance at not screwing it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 10:28 AM by Newton.)

I think establishing a culture of winning is more important than the higher draft pick at this point. If we didn’t have our QB, then I would agree with you.

Culture and mentality for an organization matters a lot.

(12-03-2021, 10:27 AM)Newton Wrote: I think establishing a culture of winning is more important than the higher draft pick at this point. If we didn’t have our QB, then I would agree with you.

Culture and mentality  for an organization matters a lot.

If you are looking for a positive, we are usually pretty competitive but crushed by boneheaded penalities. That would have probably netted us at least 2 more wins.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 11:57 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-03-2021, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It would show the inconsistency in our coaching staff and ultimately not be a good thing. We aren't good. We aren't talented. Ultimately,  anything we do to impact our draft position at this point is more detrimental than a moral victory. 

This reminds me of the people who rooted for us to win game 17 in a 3 win season because they thought that would carry momentum over.

....this is debatable. If we knew this was the end of a process, and expected a bunch of churn at the end of the season in terms of coaching, management, or roster, I'd agree. But at this stage in the build it's pretty important that the team start learning how to put together a series of little wins in a game to secure victories. I think a team like the Rams is vastly overpowered compared to us, though, so that goal may have to wait a week. But to say it's better to lose to a team like the tinhorns or jest where we are probably on equal footing may only serve to perpetuate losing culture.

We gon die this weekend, make no mistake. But as is customary for Jag fans, we can remain hopeful that the future will hold something different.

Agreed, this team needs to learn how to win.  Beating the Rams would likely show some of these players are getting better and improving like Campbell and possibly Trev

(12-03-2021, 10:27 AM)Newton Wrote: I think establishing a culture of winning is more important than the higher draft pick at this point. If we didn’t have our QB, then I would agree with you.

100%

Until the FO shows they actually know what they're doing at every level our draft position doesn't mean anything. How often have we been near the top of the draft class and have nothing to show for it? I mean, we have had some good talent but they aren't here anymore because no one wants to stay and coaches can't coach. The ones who can (McCardell being a recent example) are shown the door. And players like Calais Campbell are shown the door as well. 

Until we get competent people at coach and GM positions we don't deserve top players. Hell, until we get a competent team owner we don't deserve top players. That's pretty much where I'm at now. 

One winning season in FOURTEEN YEARS dude.

Ultimately, establishing a winning culture is important. 

However, you're not doing that by going 4-13 as opposed to 2-15. That's not how you establish the culture.

I'm also not saying they should purposefully lose every game. They're going to lose even if they try hard. My point is that if they lose every game from here on it, it will have no bearing on their performance in 2022.

(12-03-2021, 11:44 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Until the FO shows they actually know what they're doing at every level our draft position doesn't mean anything. How often have we been near the top of the draft class and have nothing to show for it? I mean, we have had some good talent but they aren't here anymore because no one wants to stay and coaches can't coach. The ones who can (McCardell being a recent example) are shown the door. And players like Calais Campbell are shown the door as well. 

Until we get competent people at coach and GM positions we don't deserve top players. Hell, until we get a competent team owner we don't deserve top players. That's pretty much where I'm at now. 

One winning season in FOURTEEN YEARS dude.

The law of statistics makes it impossible for every top 10 pick we have had in the past decade to be a bust. The pattern here is that no pick EVER gets better than they were in college.  That is all coaching. 

Don't get me wrong, our front office sucks, but the guys we pick in the 1st eound are high on everyone's board.

I've said it before, we NEVER play good on the west coast. I don't know why either, time zone difference possibly. Ramsey will have highlight reels that the NFL won't stop replaying. I specifically picked up the rams D this week in fantasy because they will all ball out. Sucks because I just moved from LA and I would've wanted to go to this game.

Rams 38 - Jags 7

(12-03-2021, 12:46 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: I've said it before, we NEVER play good on the west coast. I don't know why either, time zone difference possibly. Ramsey will have highlight reels that the NFL won't stop replaying. I specifically picked up the rams D this week in fantasy because they will all ball out. Sucks because I just moved from LA and I would've wanted to go to this game.

Rams 38 - Jags 7

I'm running the Rams D and Darrell Henderson at RB2 for my fantasy squad.

(12-03-2021, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....this is debatable. If we knew this was the end of a process, and expected a bunch of churn at the end of the season in terms of coaching, management, or roster, I'd agree. But at this stage in the build it's pretty important that the team start learning how to put together a series of little wins in a game to secure victories. I think a team like the Rams is vastly overpowered compared to us, though, so that goal may have to wait a week. But to say it's better to lose to a team like the tinhorns or jest where we are probably on equal footing may only serve to perpetuate losing culture.

Except there's no correlation between end-of-the-season wins and the wins the following season.

It's better for this team to pick as high as possible every round to give them a better chance at not screwing it up.

I've seen what we've done with early picks in the early rounds. Ain't helped yet.

I'm saying confidence and experience for the young guys on this team are more important than picking a spot or two earlier in the darft. If there is someone we want a few spots ahead of our pick, we've seen a move to get them (See Taylor and Robinson). We've also seen this team make some head-scratching picks early (Bryan, Etienne), so I'd much prefer getting the guys we already have out of the habit of learned helplessness than to celebrate the chance to keep an extra late pick to select a guy early without needing to move up.

(12-03-2021, 03:23 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 10:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except there's no correlation between end-of-the-season wins and the wins the following season.

I've seen what we've done with early picks in the early rounds. Ain't helped yet.

I'm saying confidence and experience for the young guys on this team are more important than picking a spot or two earlier in the darft. If there is someone we want a few spots ahead of our pick, we've seen a move to get them (See Taylor and Robinson). We've also seen this team make some head-scratching picks early (Bryan, Etienne), so I'd much prefer getting the guys we already have out of the habit of learned helplessness than to celebrate the chance to keep an extra late pick to select a guy early without needing to move up.

This is my feeling as well. I can understand the alternative argument, but high draft picks have not really helped us that much recently. Of course I want a high pick anyway ( better odds to hit), but wins build a team’s confidence.

(12-03-2021, 12:46 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: I've said it before, we NEVER play good on the west coast. I don't know why either, time zone difference possibly. Ramsey will have highlight reels that the NFL won't stop replaying. I specifically picked up the rams D this week in fantasy because they will all ball out. Sucks because I just moved from LA and I would've wanted to go to this game.

Rams 38 - Jags 7

I don't wanna toot my own horn but I was hella close Cool