Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Oline draft prospects

Neal looking great against this Georgia dline.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Neal looks amazing

Daniel Faalele from Minnesota is just one big dude. He stands about 6'9 and weighs in around 380. He has good strength and decent athleticism for his size. He needs some learning before he should be considered for an NFL starter role, as he has only been playing competitive football (at any level) for 4 seasons. However, he could develop into a force at right OT.

(12-25-2021, 11:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Daniel Faalele from Minnesota is just one big dude.  He stands about 6'9 and weighs in around 380.  He has good strength and decent athleticism for his size.  He needs some learning before he should be considered for an NFL starter role, as he has only been playing competitive football (at any level) for 4 seasons.  However, he could develop into a force at right OT.

My problem with drafting a pure RT is that we still don't know if Walker Little can handle playing LT. If he can't, the plan should be to move him to RT, so that hole might already be filled. I'd rather focus in the draft on OT's who can play either Tackle position in order to give us a little leverage. That is why I'm pretty high on Max Mitchell of Louisiana. He has extensive experience at either OT position and was a 3rd team All-American. He is going overlooked right now, but I believe his stock will rise significantly after the Senior Bowl.

The OL prospects anticipated to rank within the first two rounds by the staff at CBS:

4 Evan Neal Alabama Jr
5 Tyler Linderbaum Iowa Jr
13 Kenyon Green Texas A&M Jr
28 Jaxson Kirkland Washington Jr
29 Charles Cross Miss. State Soph OL
31 Zion Johnson Boston College Sr
37 Bernhard Raimann C. Michigan
38 Trevor Penning Northern Iowa Jr
52 Thayer Munford Ohio St. Sr
57 Daniel Faalele Minnesota Sr
59 Jamaree Salyer Georgia Sr
62 Rasheed Walker Penn St.
63 Abraham Lucas Washington St.

If the Jags land a starting tackle in free agency - 
What are the odds the Jags nab one of these players at #34 or #66?

I'm thinking I'd sign the best tackle I could muster in free agency and then draft another at #34 or #66 with the hope that the odd man out from the two starting OT spots would compete at guard. If a move to guard doesn't initially seem feasible- that third tackle might become trade bait for a position of greater need if they are paid too much to serve as a swing/back-up. If the third is Little or a rookie it won't hurt to keep them on as the swing.

(12-25-2021, 02:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the Jags land a starting tackle in free agency - 

I'm thinking I'd sign the best tackle I could muster in free agency and then draft another at #34 or #66 with the hope that the odd man out from the two starting OT spots would compete at guard. If a move to guard doesn't initially seem feasible- that third tackle might become trade bait for a position of greater need if they are paid too much to serve as a swing/back-up. If the third is Little or a rookie it won't hurt to keep them on as the swing.

I've seen Penning listed in the top half of the first round by some people, so as of now if we were able to land two starting caliber WRs in FA I would be ok with taking him in the early 2nd. But I think we're going to get shoehorned in to basically being forced to take a WR at hopefully 33.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2021, 08:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-25-2021, 02:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The OL prospects anticipated to rank within the first two rounds by the staff at CBS:

4 Evan Neal Alabama Jr
5 Tyler Linderbaum Iowa Jr
13 Kenyon Green Texas A&M Jr
28 Jaxson Kirkland Washington Jr
29 Charles Cross Miss. State Soph OL
31 Zion Johnson Boston College Sr
37 Bernhard Raimann C. Michigan
38 Trevor Penning Northern Iowa Jr
52 Thayer Munford Ohio St. Sr
57 Daniel Faalele Minnesota Sr
59 Jamaree Salyer Georgia Sr
62 Rasheed Walker Penn St.
63 Abraham Lucas Washington St.

If the Jags land a starting tackle in free agency - 

That list is missing North Carolina State OG/OT Ikem Ekwonu. He is a consensus first rounder. I could also argue that Kentucky OT Darian Kinnard should go no later than the 2nd round. That seems very high for Thayer Munford though. He has been miserable this season. Embarrassingly bad in some games. Rasheed Walker has been beaten consistently this season as well. I'd be shocked if he got drafted before round 4. In fact, he's been so bad, he might wanna consider staying in school and working on his footwork to get his grade back up. Before the season he was a borderline first rounder, but he's been slipping further and further due to bad performances.

(12-25-2021, 04:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 02:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the Jags land a starting tackle in free agency - 

I've seen Penning listed in the top half of the first round by some people, so as of now if we were able to land two starting caliber WRs in FA I would be ok with taking him in the early 2nd. But I think we're going to get shoehorned in to basically being forced to take a WR at hopefully 33.

Exactly. A pass rusher in round 1, a WR in round 2 and probably an OT with one of the 3rd round picks. That is where I take OT Max Mitchell of Louisiana, if he is available. He has extensive experience at both OT positions and is a 3rd Team All American with really good footwork.

i was just listening to the latest draft dudes podcast and they were going on and on about the quality depth in this oline and TE class. One of them had 20 and the other had 19 OL in their top 100, and I think they both had 9 TE in their top 100! That's not really surprising this draft is going to have a record amount of players in it so it should be deeper than usual in most places, but it could be great for our specific needs.

We should really be able to go QB/WR at 1/33 and still be able to get two quality OL and a quality TE with our two 3rd and 4th that will be top 100. Give me something like:

Hutch/Thibs
Dotson
Kinnard (I like him more as a guard)
Mitchell
Otton

(12-31-2021, 09:52 AM)Upper Wrote: i was just listening to the latest draft dudes podcast and they were going on and on about the quality depth in this oline and TE class. One of them had 20 and the other had 19 OL in their top 100, and I think they both had 9 TE in their top 100! That's not really surprising this draft is going to have a record amount of players in it so it should be deeper than usual in most places, but it could be great for our specific needs.

We should really be able to go QB/WR at 1/33 and still be able to get two quality OL and a quality TE with our two 3rd and 4th that will be top 100. Give me something like:

Hutch/Thibs
Dotson
Mitchell
Otton

I'm not a big fan of Otton. I like a lot of other TE's in this draft though and we should be able to land one all the way through round 6 or 7. If we landed the other guys on this list though, I'd be thrilled! Kinnard is a monster and Mitchell is very good and can play either OT position. Adding those two O-Linemen would give us a ton of flexibility. Dotson would give us the breakaway speed we so desperately need and we'd finally have a great pass rusher opposite Allen. I'd still look to add another WR later in the draft and definitely an ILB and a Safety as well. If we keep Baalke though, I doubt we end up with any of these guys.

I really like Linderbaum. Would be thrilled if he fell to them in RD2. He won't though. More than likely ends up being drafted on opening night. He has Quenton Nelson like athletic ability at Center. Should be a great one for the next 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-31-2021, 06:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like Linderbaum. Would be thrilled if he fell to them in RD2. He won't though. More than likely ends up being drafted on opening night. He has Quenton Nelson like athletic ability at Center. Should be a great one for the next 10 years.

Yeah, he's probably the best center to come out since Ryan Kelly.   It wouldn't shock me if he goes top 10 or top half in the first at the very least

(12-31-2021, 09:52 AM)Upper Wrote: i was just listening to the latest draft dudes podcast and they were going on and on about the quality depth in this oline and TE class. One of them had 20 and the other had 19 OL in their top 100, and I think they both had 9 TE in their top 100! That's not really surprising this draft is going to have a record amount of players in it so it should be deeper than usual in most places, but it could be great for our specific needs.

Hutch/Thibs
Dotson
Mitchell
Otton
Done with Trevor already?

(12-31-2021, 06:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like Linderbaum. Would be thrilled if he fell to them in RD2. He won't though. More than likely ends up being drafted on opening night. He has Quenton Nelson like athletic ability at Center. Should be a great one for the next 10 years.

If by some miracle, Linderbaum did fall to us in round 2, I'd be on him like a fly on crap. He is the best pure Center in the draft. Since we won't land him though, I really like Nick Ford of Utah. He's big, he plays with a mean streak and although he is currently playing Center and excelling at it (All-Pac 12 First Team 2 years in a row), he has played every position on the O-Line.

Neal and the Ga tackle Salyer showed out better tonite than Hutch did

(01-01-2022, 12:39 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Neal and the Ga tackle Salyer showed out better tonite than Hutch did

Salyer really upped his draft stock. Many mocks had him projected as an OG, but this year and last night he has proven he can play OT at a high level. Neal wasn't really tested. Cincinnati has no good edge rushers. Their best pass rushers are their DT Curtis Brooks and their LB Joel Dublanko.

(01-01-2022, 09:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:39 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Neal and the Ga tackle Salyer showed out better tonite than Hutch did

Salyer really upped his draft stock. Many mocks had him projected as an OG, but this year and last night he has proven he can play OT at a high level. Neal wasn't really tested. Cincinnati has no good edge rushers. Their best pass rushers are their DT Curtis Brooks and their LB Joel Dublanko.

Agreed. We shall see Neal against that Ga defense again tho so that should be a better gauge next week.

Neal got beat up several times by Sanders too. Worst year I can think of to have the #1 pick. Just gamble on Thibs' upside.

(01-01-2022, 01:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Neal got beat up several times by Sanders too. Worst year I can think of to have the #1 pick. Just gamble on Thibs' upside.

Barring something really weird happening, this is the most likely scenario.

if you all rember  i told you all offseason jags have a terrbille offensivve line no qb can be susscfuel behind our O-line we have now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.