Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Starting for Eagles

Well, if these COVID protocols are here to stay, back-up QBs role will be more important than ever. If a team in a playoff run loses their starting QB since he's in protocol, then it's good to have someone like Minshew who can win a game instead of a 21 yr old #2 QB with little to no NFL experience yet

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2021, 02:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Throws a dime to Goedert for 6. To be fair it was under thrown a bit, but still. Dude can play.

that and the Jest defenders taking each other out LOL

Minshew should never have been let go from this team. He has proven on the field that he can play. Now that we see Lawrence’s struggles, we can appreciate what Gardner was working with last year (not much).

I kinda remember everyone here wanting to dump Gardner after the preseason due to Beathard flat-out playing better.

I always liked Minshew, and really thought the Steelers could've used him. Had he started on Pittsburgh, they'd probably be leading the AFC North. He's not great, but he is still pretty young. I think he still has potential, and could get better.

(12-06-2021, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Minshew has one good game against the Jets and everyone is second guessing themselves. Give me a break. Minshew is a bottom tier starter, upper tier backup. That is all he is and ever will be.

This is different from what we currently have? 

TLaw may be a great QB but right now it's not evident by what we've seen outside of one game. I'll be the first to say rookies are going to struggle, but for folks to say TLaw is light years better than Minshew is just dumb.

(12-08-2021, 09:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Minshew has one good game against the Jets and everyone is second guessing themselves. Give me a break. Minshew is a bottom tier starter, upper tier backup. That is all he is and ever will be.

This is different from what we currently have? 

TLaw may be a great QB but right now it's not evident by what we've seen outside of one game. I'll be the first to say rookies are going to struggle, but for folks to say TLaw is light years better than Minshew is just dumb.

Their ceilings are not the same. We know Minshew's ceiling. We gambled that TL's ceiling is higher than that. In Vegas, that bet is known as a lock.

(12-09-2021, 12:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 09:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is different from what we currently have? 

Their ceilings are not the same. We know Minshew's ceiling. We gambled that TL's ceiling is higher than that. In Vegas, that bet is known as a lock.

We know that Minshew had a far better rookie season than Trevor is currently having.

True he had actual NFL coaches compared to this amateur class we have today.

When your best receiver is Marvin Jones...

They need to go get Trevor some playmakers that can score touchdowns from anywhere on the field. And a RB that can put up 100 yards. And a defense that can keep it under 28.

In all fairness, the best thing for Minshew was to escape this crap show. They screwed him over his rookie year and made him a token this season. We have bad karma as a franchise.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 02:30 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gardner is splitting first team reps with Jalen again this week. It sounds like team may be a bit unsure regarding Jalen's ankle. I wonder if Gardner might start against the  Washington Football Team.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/...5350209536

I'd like to see Minshew start more games.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-16-2021, 12:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd like to see Minshew start more games.

If the Eagles want to back into the playoffs, he should.  Hurts is awful.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We should have NEVER traded Minshew. Guy got written off when he was basically playing with the same talent as Trevor.

(01-08-2022, 10:18 PM)Newton Wrote: We should have NEVER traded Minshew. Guy got written off when he was basically playing with the same talent as Trevor.

Jags FO bought the hype

Our next Payton Manning, top pick… was worse than our 6th rounder backup

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 10:30 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm glad to see Gardner hanging in there with the Philly backups. They have a lot of starters out including Lane Johnson, Dallas Godert and Miles Sanders. Dallas is playing their starters though they have some that are out as well. Nonetheless glad to see Gardner get another chance to start and is keeping the Eagles in a close game so far.

Marcus Hayes on Twitter: "In their last 6 quarters of play with Gardner Minshew the #Eagles have scored 50 points. 50. https://t.co/X5lycK3UqB" / Twitter

Jags averaged 14 PPG, Eagles already have 17 at Halftime.

(01-08-2022, 10:35 PM)Steve Wrote: Jags averaged 14 PPG, Eagles already have 17 at Halftime.

With their backups

I think that Dallas will probably end up winning this game, and they are scoring on like every drive. But I'm interested in seeing if Gardner and the backups can hang in there in the second half as well.

Cowboys have adjusted to Minshew in the second half. Rush the middle and cover the outside. A shame he has issues seeing receivers in the middle. I like the guy
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Came crashing back down to earth real fast.