Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 13 games

Lions looking like they might get their first win

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lions looking like they might get their first win

If they get another we might get back to back R1P1? From what I see our SOS is lower, and we should give the tinhorns a win to take them out of the running.

(12-06-2021, 11:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lions looking like they might get their first win

If they get another we might get back to back R1P1? From what I see our SOS is lower, and we should give the tinhorns a win to take them out of the running.

Normally, SOS is the deciding factor to break draft spot ties.  Yet, in this case, because of the Lions tie against the Steelers,  SOS wouldn't matter regarding the Lions vs. the Jaguars ( with draft position ) unless another tie occurs.

(12-06-2021, 03:32 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: If they get another we might get back to back R1P1? From what I see our SOS is lower, and we should give the tinhorns a win to take them out of the running.

Normally, SOS is the deciding factor to break draft spot ties.  Yet, in this case, because of the Lions tie against the Steelers,  SOS wouldn't matter regarding the Lions vs. the Jaguars ( with draft position ) unless another tie occurs.

....partly why I am confused why everyone has us at 3 when HOU has same record, same SOS, and a head-to-head win. Maybe the sites are just lazy at this stage are sorting by record, and then by alphabetical order? I dunno.

I completely spaced on the tie taking SOS out of consideration with DET, though. Coffee tolerance is real and it sucks.

(12-06-2021, 04:50 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 03:32 PM)D6 Wrote: Normally, SOS is the deciding factor to break draft spot ties.  Yet, in this case, because of the Lions tie against the Steelers,  SOS wouldn't matter regarding the Lions vs. the Jaguars ( with draft position ) unless another tie occurs.

....partly why I am confused why everyone has us at 3 when HOU has same record, same SOS, and a head-to-head win. Maybe the sites are just lazy at this stage are sorting by record, and then by alphabetical order? I dunno.

I completely spaced on the tie taking SOS out of consideration with DET, though. Coffee tolerance is real and it sucks.

I don't recall head to head play being part of the Draft Order tiebreaker process.  I believe that if record and head to head are the same, the team that wins a coin flip has the higher pick in Round 1.  With the team that loses the coin flip picking higher in Round 2.

Omg pats threw it 3 times in a win lol

According to the following article, Division Record, if applicable, is the draft order tiebreaker after Record, and SOS.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/12...aft-order/

(12-07-2021, 12:23 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Omg pats threw it 3 times in a win lol

And two of the passes were on the Patriots last set of downs, not counting their 4 kneel downs, after they stopped the Bills on downs (after Buffalo reached the red zone for the 2nd time in the 4th QTR,) It was one of the most impressive rushing performances I have seen in a long time, considering the Bills were heavily focused against the run.

(12-06-2021, 05:10 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 04:50 PM)Mikey Wrote: ....partly why I am confused why everyone has us at 3 when HOU has same record, same SOS, and a head-to-head win. Maybe the sites are just lazy at this stage are sorting by record, and then by alphabetical order? I dunno.

I don't recall head to head play being part of the Draft Order tiebreaker process.  I believe that if record and head to head are the same, the team that wins a coin flip has the higher pick in Round 1.  With the team that loses the coin flip picking higher in Round 2.

I looked it up.

1) W-L record
2) SOS if #1 is tied
3) Head-to-Head if #2 is tied
...there's slight variances below that based on whether the teams are in the same division, conference, or neither

(12-07-2021, 04:39 AM)D6 Wrote: According to the following article, Division Record, if applicable, is the draft order tiebreaker after Record, and SOS.

I have two other references that cite H2H before div record:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-order/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_F...raft_order

USA today is correct in saying that by rule we'd be before HOU in the current order, but they give the wrong reason (div record vs. H2H) for why that is the case. If we so happen to beat them in a few weeks, H2H is 1-1, but HOU would have to find another win somewhere else to re-tie the records before we had to go further down the criteria to set darft order.

(12-07-2021, 04:50 AM)D6 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 12:23 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Omg pats threw it 3 times in a win lol

And two of the passes were on the Patriots last set of downs, not counting their 4 kneel downs, after they stopped the Bills on downs (after Buffalo reached the red zone for the 2nd time in the 4th QTR,) It was one of the most impressive rushing performances I have seen in a long time, considering the Bills were heavily focused against the run.

I was disappointed that there wasn't snow to complicate things.

I can't tell if that was BB acknowledging that Mac didn't have the arm strength to deal with the wind, or if he just decided that the team was gonna keep running untill the other team made them do something else.

We were at a bar and some Pats fans were griping the whole time about "oh boy, another run!", and I just wondered why the heck you would whine about that if it was working. I wish I could be upset that my team was winning, but they should be winning by more, dad gummit.

(12-07-2021, 10:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:39 AM)D6 Wrote: According to the following article, Division Record, if applicable, is the draft order tiebreaker after Record, and SOS.

I have two other references that cite H2H before div record:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-order/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_F...raft_order

USA today is correct in saying that by rule we'd be before HOU in the current order, but they give the wrong reason (div record vs. H2H) for why that is the case. If we so happen to beat them in a few weeks, H2H is 1-1, but HOU would have to find another win somewhere else to re-tie the records before we had to go further down the criteria to set darft order.
Thanks for the information. 

My impression is that since the San Francisco 49ers and then Oakland Raiders had a coin flip in 2018 to determine draft order (when their records and SOS were identical), the NFL added various other tiebreakers to try to prevent another coin toss draft order determination outcome.

Niners win coin toss over Raiders for ninth overall pick (nfl.com)

(12-07-2021, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:50 AM)D6 Wrote:    And two of the passes were on the Patriots last set of downs, not counting their 4 kneel downs, after they stopped the Bills on downs (after Buffalo reached the red zone for the 2nd time in the 4th QTR,) It was one of the most impressive rushing performances I have seen in a long time, considering the Bills were heavily focused against the run.

I was disappointed that there wasn't snow to complicate things.

I can't tell if that was BB acknowledging that Mac didn't have the arm strength to deal with the wind, or if he just decided that the team was gonna keep running untill the other team made them do something else.

We were at a bar and some Pats fans were griping the whole time about "oh boy, another run!", and I just wondered why the heck you would whine about that if it was working. I wish I could be upset that my team was winning, but they should be winning by more, dad gummit.

Practically any Patriots fan who's complaining about coaching strategy by Bill Belichick, with the team entering the game with a 6 game winning streak...with 6 Super Bowl Titles, 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 17 Divisional Titles since 2001, wasn't a fan of the Patriots in the Rod Rust Patriots era.  In those days, the Patriots took a far back seat to the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins, on the New England Sports landscape.  The Patriots sold only around 19,000 season tickets before the Bill Parcells era.  The Patriots probably would have moved to St. Louis, if not for Bob Kraft buying the team.

(12-07-2021, 02:03 PM)D6 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: I was disappointed that there wasn't snow to complicate things.

Practically any Patriots fan who's complaining about coaching strategy by Bill Belichick, with the team entering the game with a 6 game winning streak...with 6 Super Bowl Titles, 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 17 Divisional Titles since 2001, wasn't a fan of the Patriots in the Rod Rust Patriots era.  In those days, the Patriots took a far back seat to the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins, on the New England Sports landscape.  The Patriots sold only around 19,000 season tickets before the Bill Parcells era.  The Patriots probably would have moved to St. Louis, if not for Bob Kraft buying the team.
(emphasis added)

I agree completely with your post as a whole.

As to the bolded part, they were actually talking about relocating to Jacksonville.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Should'a been our gameplan week 1.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-08-2021, 07:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Should'a been our gameplan week 1.

@was it windy in the 'horndome?@

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 08:33 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2021, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 02:03 PM)D6 Wrote: Practically any Patriots fan who's complaining about coaching strategy by Bill Belichick, with the team entering the game with a 6 game winning streak...with 6 Super Bowl Titles, 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 17 Divisional Titles since 2001, wasn't a fan of the Patriots in the Rod Rust Patriots era.  In those days, the Patriots took a far back seat to the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins, on the New England Sports landscape.  The Patriots sold only around 19,000 season tickets before the Bill Parcells era.  The Patriots probably would have moved to St. Louis, if not for Bob Kraft buying the team.
(emphasis added)

I agree completely with your post as a whole.

As to the bolded part, they were actually talking about relocating to Jacksonville.

I definitely recall the late Bob Irsay discussing with Jacksonville city officials about moving the then Baltimore Colts to Jacksonville in 1979 but have no recollection of the Patriots talking about moving to Jax.  Any info on this would be great.   

A related question that comes to mind is did any other NFL franchise have discussions with Jacksonville officials about a possible move to Jax?

This particular article mentions the Patriots attempts to move to St. Louis.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/7/9/18...relocation

This Steelers/Vikings game is tough to watch.

As soon as I say something they start scoring. Lol

(12-10-2021, 12:26 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: As soon as I say something they start scoring. Lol

I'm thinking the Vikes move on from Zimmer at the end of the season. I think he's grown stale, the team has plateaued, they should be better than they are.