Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Crazy Offseason - Rumor(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 02:14 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 2 times in total.)

So, take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, as with any rumor.

From a source that I cannot disclose on, but that I think has a modicum of credibility, there WILL be changes in the offseason.

From what I can gather, there have been disagreements inside the building, especially as the losses pile up. This is nothing new; an example is that apparently Urban wanted to claim Reynolds off waivers, and Baalke said nah, he's JAG; other players Urban wanted, Baalke vetoed, despite Urban being GM in the shadows. Urban is not blameless ofc, we have seen that, but another rumored example is that Cullen wanted Judon on defense (tied for 3rd in league for sacks, was a FA) and again, vetoed by Baalke. 

So, what does this all mean (i.e. what are the rumors)?

• Urban, ofc, is staying. Sigh. I guess he gets a shot since he was "vetoed" by Baalke that would have perhaps led to better results this year.
  •  Baalke is gone 
  •  Bevell is gone
  •  Schotty and Warhop are 50/50
  • And finally, this one is strange: Tony Khan will assume a duo GM duty with Urban in the offseason and they will make drafting decisions together from there on out. 

Again, make sure take your salt with this helping. I do not make the claim that this is definitely happening, but I do smell some "smoke" to it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2021, 02:13 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: So, take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, as with any rumor.

From a source that I cannot disclose on, but that I think has a modicum of credibility, there WILL be changes in the offseason.

From what I can gather, there have been disagreements inside the building, especially as the losses pile up. This is nothing new; an example is that apparently Urban wanted to claim Reynolds off waivers, and Baalke said nah, he's JAG; other players Urban wanted, Baalke vetoed, despite Urban being GM in the shadows. Urban is not blameless ofc, we have seen that, but another rumored example is that Cullen wanted Judon on defense (tied for 3rd in league for sacks, was a FA) and again, vetoed by Baalke. 

• Urban, ofc, is staying. Sigh. I guess he gets a shot since he was "vetoed" by Baalke that would have perhaps led to better results this year.
  •  Baalke is gone 
  •  Bevell is gone
  • And finally, this one is strange: Tony Khan will assume a duo GM duty with Urban in the offseason and they will make drafting decisions together from there on out. 

Again, make sure take your salt with this helping. I do not make the claim that this is definitely happening, but I do smell some "smoke" to it.
Dilla (who is also well connected) confirmed the bolded as well.

Reynolds is JAG but the Jags don't even have that hahaha

Warhop needs the boot as well as Lal. I can see a lot of those things happening.

(12-06-2021, 02:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:13 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: So, take what I am about to say with a grain of salt, as with any rumor.

•  Baalke is gone 
  •  Bevell is gone

Warhop needs the boot as well as Lal. I can see a lot of those things happening.

Exactly. He’s not a world beater but better then what we’re trotting out there currently

•  Baalke is gone 
  •  Bevell is gone

Every time someone says it can't be worse... Wallbash

Tony taking over GM duties could be really bad news, because if he fails there's not going to be anyone to fire him.

That Tony will have a formal role is totally expected. He's the next owner after all.

We'll be lucky to get 2 wins ...

(12-06-2021, 02:25 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: That Tony will have a formal role is totally expected. He's the next owner after all.

We'll be lucky to get 2 wins ...

I’m tepid on it, but I think Tony actually gives somewhat of a crap about this team and will actually try. Go back and look at how excited he got at times during our 2017 run.

Whoever it is they better open the check book for Davante Adams.

So is gonna get even worse? Tony lmao
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

•  Baalke is gone 
  •  Bevell is gone

I follow Dilla on Twitter a haven’t seen that. I may have missed. Was that recently?

(12-06-2021, 02:32 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Whoever it is they better open the check book for Davante Adams.

Hahaha I really doubt he would like to come here, not even for a big contract. 

Urban is the worst part of this team and of course he will stay.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Maybe Tony can draft Chris Jericho to play WR.

Too bad I can't know how Tony Analytics would have done this past off season. Anyone know of any real results/players that were in his spreadsheet? This all seems very dubious.

(12-06-2021, 02:42 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 02:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dilla (who is also well connected) confirmed the bolded as well.

I follow Dilla on Twitter a haven’t seen that. I may have missed. Was that recently?
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14631...48040?s=20

And the beat goes on ....
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I used to hate the whole analytics approach to drafting and FA, but after a few years of the crap we had to put up with, it probably can’t get any worse

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 03:10 PM by Caldrac.)

Sounds like a mess now. Sounds like a bigger mess coming in roughly 4 - 6 weeks.

Analytics will have this team drafting Jordan Davis over Aidan Hutchinson. Justyn Ross over Jameson Williams. Jeremy Ruckert over Trey McBride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

For the most part it won't matter that Tony is involved, it will be all Meyer with Tony providing some input or putting names forward that his analytics say to target. I think Meyer has final say.

If anything is going to improve, Meyer has to take responsibility for all the coaching and get coaches he can work with and agree with. He cannot just delegate to coaches that are terrible as they can't handle the additional leadership responsibilities.

(12-06-2021, 03:12 PM)p_rushing Wrote: For the most part it won't matter that Tony is involved, it will be all Meyer with Tony providing some input or putting names forward that his analytics say to target. I think Meyer has final say.

If anything is going to improve, Meyer has to take responsibility for all the coaching and get coaches he can work with and agree with. He cannot just delegate to coaches that are terrible as they can't handle the additional leadership responsibilities.

He has the largest coaching staff and administration in the NFL - Meyer just sucks at this.

Baalke has a past reputation with being dictatorial and making questionable personnel choices. To me the only way Meyer gets a mulligan is if that side of the house gets completely revamped. I don't know if Tony would be an improvement simply because there's no real history there but at least he's something different.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I look at it this way...what we have been doing is not getting us the results we want. Change can only be good as the bar to show improvement is laying on the ground! I can see Tony's metrics combined with scouting and some sort of nastiness stat providing some direction.
A new broom always sweeps clean.