Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Crazy Offseason - Rumor(s)

(12-07-2021, 04:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 03:18 PM)Mikey Wrote: I think there is a vast difference between firing someone for "we expected a standard of preparedness or accountability at this stage in the season that is not being demonstrated" and "our record is bad and we aren't sure the right guys were hired in January."

Shad's track record if anything is one of excessive patience in the face of failure. Outside of Mularkey, everyone has been given time, if they were proving that they were up to the task. I think that's the difference between the current staff and ones in the past.

Which is odd considering he goes through managers of his soccer team like a temp agency.

He actually cares about that product.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2021, 04:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Which is odd considering he goes through managers of his soccer team like a temp agency.

He actually cares about that product.

And honestly probably understands it better.

(12-07-2021, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 01:54 PM)Upper Wrote: They just announced the cap is skyrocketing post covid season as expected. Every team is going to have cap space. The elite FA will get the big money plus get to choose a contender. We'll get stuck overpaying the 3rd tier FA like Jenkins and RRH again.

So this literally changes nothing for us compared to the past. For starters,  we need a GM who knows what the hell he is doing. No consistently good team counts on free agency to stay competitive.  

I'd focus ALL FA money on the offensive side of the ball to get TL the help he desperately needs and draft defense before TL turns into Gabbert.

I agree. Trevor needs some vets. Overpay for two wide receivers (Godwin and anyone with speed), another tight end to complement Arnold, and two veteran linemen to replace one or both tackles. Resign Norwell and resign Chark on a prove-it deal.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-07-2021, 04:25 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So this literally changes nothing for us compared to the past. For starters,  we need a GM who knows what the hell he is doing. No consistently good team counts on free agency to stay competitive.  

I'd focus ALL FA money on the offensive side of the ball to get TL the help he desperately needs and draft defense before TL turns into Gabbert.

I agree. Trevor needs some vets. Overpay for two wide receivers (Godwin and anyone with speed), another tight end to complement Arnold, and two veteran linemen to replace one or both tackles. Resign Norwell and resign Chark on a prove-it deal.
The Fins did the same with Tua.

Drafted Waddle and signed Fuller. Fuller hasn't panned out (not sure whats up there) but you need to be aggressive in getting your young QB weapons.

(12-07-2021, 04:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:25 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I agree. Trevor needs some vets. Overpay for two wide receivers (Godwin and anyone with speed), another tight end to complement Arnold, and two veteran linemen to replace one or both tackles. Resign Norwell and resign Chark on a prove-it deal.
The Fins did the same with Tua.

Drafted Waddle and signed Fuller. Fuller hasn't panned out (not sure whats up there) but you need to be aggressive in getting your young QB weapons.

Yes, I believe targeting two or three position groups is the way to go. The Jags did that with the D-line, but adding Matt Judon on the outside would've really helped. Fire Baalke for vetoing Cullen's request. Baalke seems to have an unwarranted ego the size of Texas, but I digress.  

When a team signs two, it increases the odds the group will be fixed. That should be the goal, and it makes the inevitable FA misses less glaring.  

So, for next offseason, I'd sign duplicate tackles, duplicate WRs, one more TE to go with Arnold, who's a recent signing.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

How would you guys feel about bringing in Mike Williams from LAC? He's not a typical #1wr, but he can definitely catch the long ball & a great red zone target. He might be looking for BIG $$ though.

(12-07-2021, 06:53 PM)High Octane Wrote: How would you guys feel about bringing in Mike Williams from LAC? He's not a typical #1wr, but he can definitely catch the long ball & a great red zone target.  He might be looking for BIG $$ though.

Personally, I'd be fine with it, but I highly doubt Williams would want to be part of this team. If I were him, I re-sign with the Chargers.

This team needs more draft picks. I don't know free agents that will want to be here, even with mad cash.

(12-07-2021, 07:31 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: This team needs more draft picks. I don't know free agents that will want to be here, even with mad cash.

I played devil's advocate with this take a month ago. 
Money talks.

But after watching Urbz throw players and coaches under the bus for 3 weeks now... 

It will indeed be tough to attract worthy candidates. 
The toxicity levels are on the rise and they were already high.

In 2017, the jags were able to attract free agents. If you build it, they will come.

(12-07-2021, 07:42 PM)Jag88 Wrote: In 2017, the jags were able to attract free agents. If you build it, they will come.
Hahahaha

And what exactly is being built?

(12-07-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:42 PM)Jag88 Wrote: In 2017, the jags were able to attract free agents. If you build it, they will come.
Hahahaha

[Image: a1ad85bb-7b2f-4782-8335-953eb23a1822-030...0sandy.jpg]

Imagine that, but with analytics...

(12-07-2021, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Imagine that, but with analytics...

I'd rather see Tony Khan moneyball the hell outta this team than what we are seeing from this clown show.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 12:12 AM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2021, 10:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Imagine that, but with analytics...

I'd rather see Tony Khan moneyball the hell outta this team than what we are seeing from this clown show.

If that TV commentator turned GM with the Raiders can do it, why not Tony? It seems more art than science.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 09:33 AM by Mikey.)

by 2020, they were all gone, including our darft picks.

if you ruin it, they will flee like rats from a sinking ship.

(12-07-2021, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha

[Image: a1ad85bb-7b2f-4782-8335-953eb23a1822-030...0sandy.jpg]

nothin a little duct tape can't fix.

Hoping the urban hotseat rumors are true as well.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 08:33 PM by nate.)

(12-07-2021, 03:30 AM)Holger Wrote: The last thing this franchise needs is more Khan decision making. What is the common denominator for all these losing years? Khan ownership. What was the last good decision Khan made? The billboards? Hired the wrong people time after time. The fans did not want Baalke. Everyone could have seem this being a mess. And Meyer was a terrible hire. So was Bradley and Coughlin. What about Mularkey? Nobody thought that was a good decision at thr time - and it wasn’t! The fish smells at its head.

We weren’t exactly lighting it up in the several years prior

(12-08-2021, 12:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 10:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd rather see Tony Khan moneyball the hell outta this team than what we are seeing from this clown show.

If that TV commentator turned GM with the Raiders can do it, why not Tony? It seems more art than science.

It is definitely exactly that.  I guess the consensus is we’d go the retread route.  A guy with free reign like that…. He isn’t stupid ya know.

(12-07-2021, 04:25 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So this literally changes nothing for us compared to the past. For starters,  we need a GM who knows what the hell he is doing. No consistently good team counts on free agency to stay competitive.  

Prove what?

Please no please don’t tell me the kid is going to get another shot at implementing his analytics garbage drafting. I swear I hate this team sometimes
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]