Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer says Robinson wasn't benched, he was injured...

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 06:05 PM by JagFan81. Edited 2 times in total.)

Some interesting comments from Meyer today regarding Robinsons lack of plays after the fumble yesterday. 

[b]2. An injury issue.[/b] A major Jaguars topic following Sunday's game remained running back James Robinson – and specifically, his lack of participation following a first-quarter lost fumble that led to the Rams' first touchdown. Robinson, who didn't play for 16 plays following a lost fumble against the Atlanta Falcons last week, didn't play for 20 plays following Sunday's fumble against the Rams. Meyer said Robinson's reduced playing time Sunday and last week was because he remains hampered by heel/knee issues that have reduced his practice time since sustaining a heel injury in a Week 8 loss at Seattle. "He's still not 100 percent," Meyer said. "He's not practicing during the week. James is as good a guy, a tough a guy, team player as you've got, that I've ever been around. Your heart bleeds for the guy just because he's not able to do what he does well. He hasn't been that way since Seattle. He's not able to practice, but he wants to play, and he's still a very good player. You've just got to take care of the ball." Meyer said the coaching staff discussed not playing Robinson Sunday but that "everybody felt that he was the best option right now, even not 100 percent." Meyer also was asked Sunday if Robinson would have returned immediately following Sunday's fumble had he been 100 percent healthy. "Oh, sure," Meyer said, adding – as he did last week following the loss to the Falcons – that details of playing time is determined by the position coach. "I don't get too involved," Meyer said. "I don't micromanage that. I know he's been dinged up. … James is unique because he is fighting injury. If someone is not producing and you sit him down, that's a whole different conversation, but this is really injury based."

Not really sure i believe that to be honest and the fact he then says its the position coach's decision really gets me riled. The question i have is if his injury is that bad then why is he starting and why is he out there in the 4th Q when we are down 30 pts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, I could and would have believed he was on a pitch count if it wasn't for him playing in the fourth and how he was absent for a long time after his fumble.

This made national ESPN radio. They’re saying this is nothing but incentive for JR to walk.

Khan better do something because Baalke seems useless.

Robinson got rewarded for being a top back by enduring this craptastic situation. This franchise is so awesome.

(12-06-2021, 07:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This made national ESPN radio. They’re saying this is nothing but incentive for JR to walk.

Khan better do something because Baalke seems useless.

Robinson is as good as gone. If I was him, I'd demand a trade in the off season and get away from this cancer franchise. His agent already hates this front office as is.

If not, he's gone after next season anyways. He'll be a FA and if Urban's dumb [BLEEP] is still around (which knowing Khan, he will be  Sick ) no way he re-signs with the biggest laughing stock in all of sports, especially after how they've treated him this season.

Robinson has a fantastic season.

Jags proceed to sign Carlos Hyde and draft ETN in round 1…..

Only the Jags man.

(12-06-2021, 09:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Robinson has a fantastic season.

Only the Jags man.

"We're going to be a run first team. Tough Defense and running the football is what we're going to do and how we're going to build it blah blah blah" - Urban Meyer

Week 1: 5 carries for JRob, 51 passes for TLaw.

Yup Urban, I'll give you credit for one thing. You have stayed consistent from the moment you became the HC here... That consistency is that every single thing that has come out of your [BLEEP] clown mouth is bull [BLEEP].

Only the Jags man.

Imagine if the board was in charge, we would have Elijah Moore and one of Carter or Gainwell being fantastic complements to Robinson.

(12-06-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote:

Only the Jags man.

Imagine if the board was in charge, we would have Elijah Moore and one of Carter or Gainwell being fantastic complements to Robinson.
Once I’m promoted to GM, I’ll come back and visit you guys for your input come draft time.

22 yards
25 yards
29 yards

3 of Robinson’s games this season.

1 game over 100 yards...

Only the Jags man.

Carlos Freaking Hyde…..smh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Props to him for handling the interview well, but man is there such a massive disconnect between Urban and seemingly everyone else on the team...

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5028478980

What a disaster.

Didn’t think it could get worse but now ROBINSON speaking out. Dude never talks.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 10:26 PM by Eric1.)

(12-06-2021, 09:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 22 yards
25 yards
29 yards

3 of Robinson’s games this season.

1 game over 100 yards...

Now lets put some context behind that...

22 yards on 4 carries, 5.5 ypc - week 8 vs Seattle when he got hurt and didn't take another snap after his 4th carry.

25 yards on 5 carries, 5 ypc - week 1 vs Texans. Staff is brain dead and decided it was best to make Lawrence throw the ball 51 times in his first career start.

29 yards on 12 carries, 2.4 ypc - week 11 vs 49ers. 7 of those carries came in the 2nd half after we were already down 27-3.

(12-06-2021, 10:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a disaster.

Didn’t think it could get worse but now ROBINSON speaking out. Dude never talks.

Yup, he's literally the quietest dude on the team and if he's speaking out, it should not be over looked. There's some serious issues going on behind the scenes, yet we already knew that, but he just basically confirmed it.

It has to be personal and will be interesting to find out one day just what set Meyer against him.

(12-06-2021, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote: Props to him for handling the interview well, but man is there such a massive disconnect between Urban and seemingly everyone else on the team...

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but JRob says in there that he thought Hyde was asking for a breather so he went to go onto the field to spell him, but then got told "forget it."

I feel like that's the biggest takeaway from this: this team is so set on forcing Hyde that even when Hyde doesn't want to be on the field, they're forcing him to stay in. Wallbash
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 06:58 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(12-06-2021, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote: Props to him for handling the interview well, but man is there such a massive disconnect between Urban and seemingly everyone else on the team...

Listening to this is infuriating. You can hear the despair/frustration in his voice.. You know he's bothered by it, but wants to be a pro/class act about it. If Jrob walks I don't think I can support this team any longer with Khan as the owner. What a complete disaster and mushroom cloud of a franchise since the change in ownership. Good grief.

This has to be intentional, right? The conspiracy that Khan is intentionally sabotaging this franchise to move to relocate due to lack of fan support is looking more plausible now doesn't it? I'm so upset, I love this team and it's like being in an abusive relationship. Always disappointment and hurt. I feel so bad for JRob.

(12-06-2021, 10:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It has to be personal and will be interesting to find out one day just what set Meyer against him.

Nothing. It was nothing. It couldn't be anything because that piece of [BLEEP], lazy [BLEEP], dumb as a day old dead cuttlefish Meyer doesnt KNOW anything about him nor even bothered to find out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think the only way we can save JRob from going anywhere else is if we fire Urban at the end of the season. This sucks to do you best player like this