Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer says Robinson wasn't benched, he was injured...

(12-08-2021, 05:14 PM)prime winner Wrote: I am all for seeing Urban relieved of his duties but I don't think that's going to happen this season or the coming off season. Shad Con gave Bradley and Marrone well over 3 seasons each. I really think he's going to give his prized, big name acquisition Urban Meyer at least 3 seasons.

Yep. So everyone might as well settle down and relax.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2021, 05:50 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 05:14 PM)prime winner Wrote: I am all for seeing Urban relieved of his duties but I don't think that's going to happen this season or the coming off season. Shad Con gave Bradley and Marrone well over 3 seasons each. I really think he's going to give his prized, big name acquisition Urban Meyer at least 3 seasons.

You go ahead. Just lie back and think of England.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 08:19 AM by JagFan81. Edited 5 times in total.)

Thank you Lawrence, someone finally standing up to the coaches and calling them on their [BLEEP]

Quarterback [font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Trevor Lawrence said Wednesday that he made it clear to the Jaguars' coaching staff that Robinson needs to be on the field as much as possible. The second-year player is the team's best offensive player, and having him off the field for 16 and 20 consecutive plays the past two games hurt the Jags' chances to move the ball and score points.[/font]

"In my eyes, obviously, I'm the one that's out, see all the pieces moving, I see the whole picture," Lawrence said. "Bottom line is James is one of our best players and he's got to be on the field and we addressed it, and I feel like we're in a good spot and the whole team, we're good. Whatever may have happened, I honestly don't even know everything that went into it.
"I'm playing the game and stuff happens on the sideline with coaching decisions. I don't really get into that, but I know and I voiced my opinion: James is one of our best players and he's got to be in the game. I think we're all on the same page, so there's no confusion there. We're going to move forward. I know James is a hell of a player, so I want him out there."

And then Meyer says
You bench yourself," Meyer said. "If you lay the ball on the ground and you come out for a few plays, and then it's up to the position coach and whatever to put you back in whenever that's time. And that's not [just] James. That's whomever. When the ball goes on the ground, you come [out]."

And even ESPN point out

What caused confusion is the fact that backup Carlos Hyde fumbled against the Rams and was back on the field during the Jaguars' next drive, which came after Robinson missed three series because of his fumble. Robinson is clearly the better back of the two -- he has rushed for 678 yards and seven TDs and is averaging 4.9 yards per carry compared to Hyde's 251 yards, one TD and 3.5 yards per carry -- and the offense is definitely better with him on the field.

(12-09-2021, 05:50 AM)Jag88 Wrote:

this place gonna be a ghost town till 2024, then.

If we start next year 2-6, barring significant injury, I don't see any way Khan can justify keeping him around.

And just because I understand Khan is patient doesn't mean I can't come on this board and voice disagreement with his hiring choices, his patience, or anything else. Take your own advice, relax, and quit trying to be the board police.

(12-09-2021, 08:15 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thank you Lawrence, someone finally standing up to the coaches and calling them on their [BLEEP]

Quarterback [font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Trevor Lawrence said Wednesday that he made it clear to the Jaguars' coaching staff that Robinson needs to be on the field as much as possible. The second-year player is the team's best offensive player, and having him off the field for 16 and 20 consecutive plays the past two games hurt the Jags' chances to move the ball and score points.[/font]

"In my eyes, obviously, I'm the one that's out, see all the pieces moving, I see the whole picture," Lawrence said. "Bottom line is James is one of our best players and he's got to be on the field and we addressed it, and I feel like we're in a good spot and the whole team, we're good. Whatever may have happened, I honestly don't even know everything that went into it.
"I'm playing the game and stuff happens on the sideline with coaching decisions. I don't really get into that, but I know and I voiced my opinion: James is one of our best players and he's got to be in the game. I think we're all on the same page, so there's no confusion there. We're going to move forward. I know James is a hell of a player, so I want him out there."

And then Meyer says
You bench yourself," Meyer said. "If you lay the ball on the ground and you come out for a few plays, and then it's up to the position coach and whatever to put you back in whenever that's time. And that's not [just] James. That's whomever. When the ball goes on the ground, you come [out]."

And even ESPN point out

What caused confusion is the fact that backup Carlos Hyde fumbled against the Rams and was back on the field during the Jaguars' next drive, which came after Robinson missed three series because of his fumble. Robinson is clearly the better back of the two -- he has rushed for 678 yards and seven TDs and is averaging 4.9 yards per carry compared to Hyde's 251 yards, one TD and 3.5 yards per carry -- and the offense is definitely better with him on the field.

You bench yourself unless you are one of my old pals. And this might be the absolute dumbest mindset a coach can have.

The hit that caused JRob to fumble was a monster shot by one of the most dominant defensive players in today's game. Refusing to put your player back on the field is a vote of no confidence, and for lesser willed players, will foster doubt and discouragement in their game. After the first three and out with the star on the sideline, I'd be chatting with my position coach why the backup remains on the field. Is the other guy hurt? Is the backup a better fit with the gameplan? Justify your action or put the better guy on the field, period. Now if the star puts the ball on the ground a second time, by all means put them on the bench for a long haul.

Urbz has lost every bit of goodwill or benefit of the doubt at this point. Just two days ago he was defending the move as an injury. Now it's punishment. He is cancer. I sure as hell hope that Shad is paying attention to this bologna. I'm sure the players are.

(12-09-2021, 08:15 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thank you Lawrence, someone finally standing up to the coaches and calling them on their [BLEEP]

And then Meyer says

And even ESPN point out

What a shat show. This is ridiculous. 

Urban: if a player fumbled his position coach benches him until he determines he is ready again 

Position coach: Doesn’t bench Hyde. 

Urban: Oops 

What does this staff think they are, the Patriots? They don’t have the clout nor depth to bench players to “send a lesson”. Belichick could get away with that because he had player respect and could plug in my dad at running back and not miss a beat.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2021, 08:22 PM by JagFan81.)

(12-09-2021, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:

And then Meyer says

And even ESPN point out

You bench yourself unless you are one of my old pals. And this might be the absolute dumbest mindset a coach can have.

The hit that caused JRob to fumble was a monster shot by one of the most dominant defensive players in today's game. Refusing to put your player back on the field is a vote of no confidence, and for lesser willed players, will foster doubt and discouragement in their game. After the first three and out with the star on the sideline, I'd be chatting with my position coach why the backup remains on the field. Is the other guy hurt? Is the backup a better fit with the gameplan? Justify your action or put the better guy on the field, period. Now if the star puts the ball on the ground a second time, by all means put them on the bench for a long haul.

Urbz has lost every bit of goodwill or benefit of the doubt at this point. Just two days ago he was defending the move as an injury. Now it's punishment. He is cancer. I sure as hell hope that Shad is paying attention to this bologna. I'm sure the players are.

I completely agree. The hit from Donald was a proper hit and he did a great job stripping the ball as well. I think most RB'S would fumble there but i hate this idea you need to punish them. Like you say, if hes making bad mistakes and fumbling, thats a different situation but if we are benching guys for making mistakes, we are going to struggle getting 11 guys out there. I cant help but feel Meyer wants to prove he is right and he has never seemed to like Robinson and Hyde is clearly his guy.

Meyer keeps saying he wants to win but taking your best players out and then saying every decision is someone elses is just insane. The guy cant get out of here quick enough to me and get back in a damn studio as he doesn't belong on a sideline.

(12-09-2021, 10:12 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

And then Meyer says

And even ESPN point out

What a shat show. This is ridiculous. 

Urban: if a player fumbled his position coach benches him until he determines he is ready again 

Position coach: Doesn’t bench Hyde. 

Urban: Oops 

What does this staff think they are, the Patriots? They don’t have the clout nor depth to bench players to “send a lesson”. Belichick could get away with that because he had player respect and could plug in my dad at running back and not miss a beat.

Exactly. You can play the tough guy card when you have respect and a record that proves you know what you are doing. The fact Meyer seems to be responsible for nothing and its everyone elses decision shows how far he is from that.

Posted it elsewhere but PFT confirmed it was urban who pulled Robinson. SMH

(12-11-2021, 01:53 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Posted it elsewhere but PFT confirmed it was urban who pulled Robinson. SMH

PFT confirmed nothing. They just echoed the rumor.

Urban Liar indeed.

(12-09-2021, 10:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1468807635164086273?s=20

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

Our HC is an idiot.. We will see in the offseason if our Owner is also an idiot.