Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer says Robinson wasn't benched, he was injured...

(12-07-2021, 06:56 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote: Props to him for handling the interview well, but man is there such a massive disconnect between Urban and seemingly everyone else on the team...

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5028478980

Listening to this is infuriating. You can hear the despair/frustration in his voice.. You know he's bothered by it, but wants to be a pro/class act about it. If Jrob walks I don't think I can support this team any longer with Khan as the owner. What a complete disaster and mushroom cloud of a franchise since the change in ownership. Good grief.

This has to be intentional, right? The conspiracy that Khan is intentionally sabotaging this franchise to move to relocate due to lack of fan support is looking more plausible now doesn't it? I'm so upset, I love this team and it's like being in an abusive relationship. Always disappointment and hurt. I feel so bad for JRob.

You think Shad Khan is the one making the demand that JRob gets benched and then plays meaningless snaps at the end of the game? If so, save some tinfoil for the rest of us...

Anyways, this gross ineptitude displayed by Meyer is unacceptable and hasn't turned for the better in any imaginable way since people have called him out on various issues this season. The guy has to go along with Baalke and the rest of the boneheads.

We've reached the critical point where James Robinson, who is arguably one of the more quiet players vocally, speak out against the head-scratching decisions being made by this coaching staff. And it doesn't stop with just JRob either... We're actively hampering our most prized asset in Lawrence and not doing him or our team any favors.

Meyer is, and always has been, in over his head in this NFL gig. Bionic Baalke was never a good evaluator of talent either. Bevell and his terrible play design/choice doesn't help our inept offense in any way and he should tag along with the other two out the door as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-07-2021, 07:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the only way we can save JRob from going anywhere else is if we fire Urban at the end of the season.  This sucks to do you best player like this

If your best player is a RB, you have much larger issues to tend to.

(12-07-2021, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the only way we can save JRob from going anywhere else is if we fire Urban at the end of the season.  This sucks to do you best player like this

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

(12-07-2021, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

So the tacks have a huge issue?  Clots?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bevell and Parmalee need to be fired at the end of this season.

(12-07-2021, 09:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If your best player is a RB, you have much larger issues to tend to.

So the tacks have a huge issue?  Clots?

This Implies they have good players, specifically on the offensive line, and both of aforementioned teams have a WR that identifies as a #1.

Jaguar fans need to get it through their heads that Robinson isn't part of this team's future under Urban Meyer. Travis Etienne and a change of pace journeyman are this teams future backfield

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 10:13 AM by Mikey.)

(12-06-2021, 06:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some interesting comments from Meyer today regarding Robinsons lack of plays after the fumble yesterday. 

[b]2. An injury issue.[/b] A major Jaguars topic following Sunday's game remained running back James Robinson – and specifically, his lack of participation following a first-quarter lost fumble that led to the Rams' first touchdown. Robinson, who didn't play for 16 plays following a lost fumble against the Atlanta Falcons last week, didn't play for 20 plays following Sunday's fumble against the Rams. Meyer said Robinson's reduced playing time Sunday and last week was because he remains hampered by heel/knee issues that have reduced his practice time since sustaining a heel injury in a Week 8 loss at Seattle. "He's still not 100 percent," Meyer said. "He's not practicing during the week. James is as good a guy, a tough a guy, team player as you've got, that I've ever been around. Your heart bleeds for the guy just because he's not able to do what he does well. He hasn't been that way since Seattle. He's not able to practice, but he wants to play, and he's still a very good player. You've just got to take care of the ball." Meyer said the coaching staff discussed not playing Robinson Sunday but that "everybody felt that he was the best option right now, even not 100 percent." Meyer also was asked Sunday if Robinson would have returned immediately following Sunday's fumble had he been 100 percent healthy. "Oh, sure," Meyer said, adding – as he did last week following the loss to the Falcons – that details of playing time is determined by the position coach. "I don't get too involved," Meyer said. "I don't micromanage that. I know he's been dinged up. … James is unique because he is fighting injury. If someone is not producing and you sit him down, that's a whole different conversation, but this is really injury based."

Not really sure i believe that to be honest and the fact he then says its the position coach's decision really gets me riled. The question i have is if his injury is that bad then why is he starting and why is he out there in the 4th Q when we are down 30 pts.

Urbz dropping the bolded at the end of his lengthy response is very telling as to the rest of what he said. Deferring to the position coach is a load of hooey. HEAD coach means you have authority to tell your assistants how to evaluate and determine whether a player can go or not. JRob looked fine up to and including when he got blasted by Donald.

If he's that touch-and-go, I'd be questioning my position coach why he gave the green light to start in the first place, or why he ended up back in the game later if he was re-injured earlier.

Snake oil sales at its best.

(12-06-2021, 07:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This made national ESPN radio. They’re saying this is nothing but incentive for JR to walk.

Khan better do something because Baalke seems useless.

how the heck did you connect mid-game roster decisions to the figurehead GM?

(12-06-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Robinson has a fantastic season.

Jags proceed to sign Carlos Hyde and draft ETN in round 1…..

Only the Jags man.

Imagine if the board was in charge, we would have Elijah Moore and one of Carter or Gainwell being fantastic complements to Robinson.

Instead of Jalen Camp we'd have darfted blank #2 though, win some lose some, you know? Big Grin

(12-06-2021, 10:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a disaster.

Didn’t think it could get worse but now ROBINSON speaking out. Dude never talks.

Don't blame him one bit.

I'll be sad to see him go, but I understand 1000% why he wouldn't want to languish here any longer.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 10:15 AM by Mikey.)

(12-06-2021, 10:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It has to be personal and will be interesting to find out one day just what set Meyer against him.

A bad yelp review of the chophouse is my guess.

(12-06-2021, 10:56 PM)LMD Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 10:17 PM)empty Wrote: Props to him for handling the interview well, but man is there such a massive disconnect between Urban and seemingly everyone else on the team...

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5028478980

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but JRob says in there that he thought Hyde was asking for a breather so he went to go onto the field to spell him, but then got told "forget it."

I feel like that's the biggest takeaway from this: this team is so set on forcing Hyde that even when Hyde doesn't want to be on the field, they're forcing him to stay in. Wallbash

not the first time he hasn't wanted to be on the field for us!

(12-07-2021, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 09:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So the tacks have a huge issue?  Clots?

This Implies they have good players, specifically on the offensive line, and both of aforementioned teams have a WR that identifies as a #1.

Jaguar fans need to get it through their heads that Robinson isn't part of this team's future under Urban Meyer. Travis Etienne and a change of pace journeyman are this teams future backfield

TLDR: We doomed.

(12-07-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 06:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Some interesting comments from Meyer today regarding Robinsons lack of plays after the fumble yesterday. 

[b]2. An injury issue.[/b] A major Jaguars topic following Sunday's game remained running back James Robinson – and specifically, his lack of participation following a first-quarter lost fumble that led to the Rams' first touchdown. Robinson, who didn't play for 16 plays following a lost fumble against the Atlanta Falcons last week, didn't play for 20 plays following Sunday's fumble against the Rams. Meyer said Robinson's reduced playing time Sunday and last week was because he remains hampered by heel/knee issues that have reduced his practice time since sustaining a heel injury in a Week 8 loss at Seattle. "He's still not 100 percent," Meyer said. "He's not practicing during the week. James is as good a guy, a tough a guy, team player as you've got, that I've ever been around. Your heart bleeds for the guy just because he's not able to do what he does well. He hasn't been that way since Seattle. He's not able to practice, but he wants to play, and he's still a very good player. You've just got to take care of the ball." Meyer said the coaching staff discussed not playing Robinson Sunday but that "everybody felt that he was the best option right now, even not 100 percent." Meyer also was asked Sunday if Robinson would have returned immediately following Sunday's fumble had he been 100 percent healthy. "Oh, sure," Meyer said, adding – as he did last week following the loss to the Falcons – that details of playing time is determined by the position coach. "I don't get too involved," Meyer said. "I don't micromanage that. I know he's been dinged up. … James is unique because he is fighting injury. If someone is not producing and you sit him down, that's a whole different conversation, but this is really injury based."

Not really sure i believe that to be honest and the fact he then says its the position coach's decision really gets me riled. The question i have is if his injury is that bad then why is he starting and why is he out there in the 4th Q when we are down 30 pts.

Urbz dropping the bolded at the end of his lengthy response is very telling as to the rest of what he said. Deferring to the position coach is a load of hooey. HEAD coach means you have authority to tell your assistants how to evaluate and determine whether a player can go or not. JRob looked fine up to and including when he got blasted by Donald.

If he's that touch-and-go, I'd be questioning my position coach why he gave the green light to start in the first place, or why he ended up back in the game later if he was re-injured earlier.

(12-06-2021, 07:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This made national ESPN radio. They’re saying this is nothing but incentive for JR to walk.

(12-06-2021, 09:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Imagine if the board was in charge, we would have Elijah Moore and one of Carter or Gainwell being fantastic complements to Robinson.

Instead of Jalen Camp we'd have darfted blank #2 though, win some lose some, you know? Big Grin

(12-06-2021, 10:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What a disaster.

Didn’t think it could get worse but now ROBINSON speaking out. Dude never talks.

Don't blame him one bit.

I'll be sad to see him go, but I understand 1000% why he wouldn't want to languish here any longer.

Because it overwhelmingly appears to be personal animosity than professional evaluation driving this decision. He’s been doing it all season. If I’m the GM, I talk to the coach to find out what’s going on. Why are you holding our most productive offensive player off the field for a reason that keeps changing with the wind. Are you hobbling this team to satisfy a vendetta? Is this an HR issue?

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 10:53 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2021, 07:26 AM)enigma Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 06:56 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Listening to this is infuriating. You can hear the despair/frustration in his voice.. You know he's bothered by it, but wants to be a pro/class act about it. If Jrob walks I don't think I can support this team any longer with Khan as the owner. What a complete disaster and mushroom cloud of a franchise since the change in ownership. Good grief.

This has to be intentional, right? The conspiracy that Khan is intentionally sabotaging this franchise to move to relocate due to lack of fan support is looking more plausible now doesn't it? I'm so upset, I love this team and it's like being in an abusive relationship. Always disappointment and hurt. I feel so bad for JRob.

You think Shad Khan is the one making the demand that JRob gets benched and then plays meaningless snaps at the end of the game? If so, save some tinfoil for the rest of us...

Anyways, this gross ineptitude displayed by Meyer is unacceptable and hasn't turned for the better in any imaginable way since people have called him out on various issues this season. The guy has to go along with Baalke and the rest of the boneheads.

We've reached the critical point where James Robinson, who is arguably one of the more quiet players vocally, speak out against the head-scratching decisions being made by this coaching staff. And it doesn't stop with just JRob either... We're actively hampering our most prized asset in Lawrence and not doing him or our team any favors.

Meyer is, and always has been, in over his head in this NFL gig. Bionic Baalke was never a good evaluator of talent either. Bevell and his terrible play design/choice doesn't help our inept offense in any way and he should tag along with the other two out the door as well.
Who do you think hires the people you're complaining about, the mayor? It's Shad Kahn, in case you didn't know. I'm assuming you don't, maybe your tin foil hats on too tight.

(12-07-2021, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: Urbz dropping the bolded at the end of his lengthy response is very telling as to the rest of what he said. Deferring to the position coach is a load of hooey. HEAD coach means you have authority to tell your assistants how to evaluate and determine whether a player can go or not. JRob looked fine up to and including when he got blasted by Donald.

Don't blame him one bit.

Because it overwhelmingly appears to be personal animosity than professional evaluation driving this decision. He’s been doing it all season. If I’m the GM, I talk to the coach to find out what’s going on. Why are you holding our most productive offensive player off the field for a reason that keeps changing with the wind. Are you hobbling this team to satisfy a vendetta? Is this an HR issue?

This is how dysfunctional franchises roll
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-07-2021, 10:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: how the heck did you connect mid-game roster decisions to the figurehead GM?

Gotcha. early morning reading and I interpreted it more as holding Baalke responsible for benching JRob. Once again our mismanaged org structure leaves so much confusion as to who actually is in charge of who, I don't see Baalke as Urbz's superior. Would Urbz do anything more than tell Baalke to get the heck outta his office if the proposed conversation were to take place?

Personally I think Urbz is so arrogant that any challenge to his modus operandi would be dismissed without any consideration of the opposing view.

(12-07-2021, 11:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14682...58698?s=20

Incoming "C.J. Beathard named starter for Week 14" headline.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 04:36 PM by tyus. Edited 1 time in total.)

This team is toast as long as Shad Khan is the owner. During his time as owner, the organization has done nothing but alienated the most talented players we've had. Due to this, the organization's reputation is bottom of the barrel amongst professional and aspiring players.

(12-06-2021, 09:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Robinson has a fantastic season.

Jags proceed to sign Carlos Hyde and draft ETN in round 1…..

Only the Jags man.

This is what i find most frustrating, teams find those star players then move on to other areas of the roster. Not us, we identify that star then do everything we can to piss them off and make them want out. The only fun thing this season has been Robinson and every gameday thread says the same thing. Hyde's doing nothing, Robinson comes in and gets us moving, get to the RZ and here comes Hyde. 

Its just so nuts.

(12-07-2021, 11:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14682...58698?s=20

Good on Trevor, but it's pathetic that he has to even ask that in the first place

I like j Robinson and want to see him in there as much as he can go. At the same time, I think sometimes the fans are thinking hes a lot better than he might be. He still has a lot to prove

Wait a minute!

Are they seriously suggesting the Jaguars can acquire and develop a talented young player out of college, only to alienate him to let him walk or otherwise trade him away?!?

Where would they get such an idea?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!