Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer says Robinson wasn't benched, he was injured...

Never thought I'd miss Marrone so much.

Say what you will, at least he got up there after every loss and said "it starts with me" each time instead of throwing coaches and players under the bus repeatedly for weeks on end.

Oooff. What a clown show this Meyer tenure has become - and so rapidly. And every time I think we've hit the bottom, we sink deeper.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone sucked. If meyer sucks as bad as marrone in half the time then by all means but until then lmao.

(12-07-2021, 07:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I like j Robinson and want to see him in there as much as he can go. At the same time, I think sometimes the fans are thinking hes a lot better than he might be. He still has a lot to prove
Someone take Urbans phone away.

(12-07-2021, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I like j Robinson and want to see him in there as much as he can go. At the same time, I think sometimes the fans are thinking hes a lot better than he might be. He still has a lot to prove
Someone take Urbans phone away.

Haha. I like j rob!

(12-07-2021, 08:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Marrone sucked. If meyer sucks as bad as marrone in half the time then by all means but until then lmao.

He's 50X worse than Marrone

To pour it on,  James Robinson feels like he was benched.    This whole season has been one big cirucus.  Here is what Robinson said:

“I would say so,” Robinson said when asked by Martineau if he thought he was benched. “Obviously, like I said last week, [fumbling the ball] can’t happen, but when it happens and you are out for that long, you got to feel that way. I was just waiting my turn to get back in the game, and it didn’t really come until the third quarter.”

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/12...e-vs-rams/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-07-2021, 08:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 08:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Marrone sucked. If meyer sucks as bad as marrone in half the time then by all means but until then lmao.

and that's being nice

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 09:07 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-07-2021, 08:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Weird thing to say when he has 100% more wins than last year.

Marrone finished his tenure here 23-43. He isn't 50x better than anybody.

Robinson is as good as gone. This is just mind boggling crazy. Bevell needs to feed him the ball 25 carries per game and take some pressure off Lawrence.

(12-07-2021, 09:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Robinson is as good as gone. This is just mind boggling crazy. Bevell needs to feed him the ball 25 carries per game and take some pressure off Lawrence.

Our offense is too one dimensional.  The defense knows what is coming. If Robinson doesn't pick up 5 yards on 1st down, there is a 90% chance we go 3 and out. 

Barry Sanders couldn't help the current state of this offense.

Hey it's the first time Urbs has watched any film of JRob since he signed here, nice.
https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...1740021760

Bevell pulled him out. No blame though...odd.

(12-07-2021, 10:52 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:26 AM)enigma Wrote: You think Shad Khan is the one making the demand that JRob gets benched and then plays meaningless snaps at the end of the game? If so, save some tinfoil for the rest of us...

Anyways, this gross ineptitude displayed by Meyer is unacceptable and hasn't turned for the better in any imaginable way since people have called him out on various issues this season. The guy has to go along with Baalke and the rest of the boneheads.

We've reached the critical point where James Robinson, who is arguably one of the more quiet players vocally, speak out against the head-scratching decisions being made by this coaching staff. And it doesn't stop with just JRob either... We're actively hampering our most prized asset in Lawrence and not doing him or our team any favors.

Meyer is, and always has been, in over his head in this NFL gig. Bionic Baalke was never a good evaluator of talent either. Bevell and his terrible play design/choice doesn't help our inept offense in any way and he should tag along with the other two out the door as well.
Who do you think hires the people you're complaining about, the mayor? It's Shad Kahn, in case you didn't know. I'm assuming you don't, maybe your tin foil hats on too tight.

And how the hell does he know that Meyer/Bevell/etc will pull this crap half way through the season? If Khan wanted this franchise out of here he'd pull a Stan Kroenke and alienate the city, fans, and franchise outright with no meaningful investments with the team or city.

But I understand those spooky, mysterious conspiracies sound nice to you but its evident you've been watching too many of those bigfoot shows on the History channel.

Also, its KHAN, in case you didn't know.

(12-07-2021, 11:29 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Bevell pulled him out. No blame though...odd.

Meyer blamed Parmalee

Bevell actually pulled him

Wanna guess who is the boss of both of those guys and can intervene whenever he chooses??

Here’s a hint:
He stands on the sideline every week with a headset listening to these guys decide who’s in or out of the game. Often with a look of confusion and disbelief on his face with his hands on his knees. The Headset he wears also features a microphone. With this marvel of modern technology he is able to communicate simple phrases to his other coaches, such as “leave number 25 in the [BLEEP] game.”

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 09:44 AM by Mikey.)

(12-07-2021, 09:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 08:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's 50X worse than Marrone

Weird thing to say when he has 100% more wins than last year.

Marrone finished his tenure here 23-43. He isn't 50x better than anybody.

get your head out of the stat sheet and actually pay attention to the coach.

Any actually prepared and professional coach would have quadrupled that win total with the tools at their disposal as of last January. Dude frittered away everything outside of R1P1 and will jump ship before the heat comes down on him, just like he has at the last couple of stops on his coaching resume.

(12-08-2021, 09:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:29 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Bevell pulled him out. No blame though...odd.

Meyer blamed Parmalee

Bevell actually pulled him

Wanna guess who is the boss of both of those guys and can intervene whenever he chooses??

Here’s a hint:
He stands on the sideline every week with a headset listening to these guys decide who’s in or out of the game. Often with a look of confusion and disbelief on his face with his hands on his knees. The Headset he wears also features a microphone. With this marvel of modern technology he is able to communicate simple phrases to his other coaches, such as “leave number 25 in the [BLEEP] game.”

I'm imagining that his headphone is just an Applebee's ad on perpetual loop. It's the only way to explain the brain-dead responses he provides to the media in the postgame pressers.

[Image: UCHEquotea54b88a40c268fbb.png]

"Hey Urban, Was that one or two fingers in that butt hole?"

"Oh I don't know, I don't micromanage those fingers."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Dumb.

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/statu...84193?s=20

I'm not surprised that we are last, but I was surprised by it was by such a huge amount:

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/statu...8821213190

I am all for seeing Urban relieved of his duties but I don't think that's going to happen this season or the coming off season. Shad Con gave Bradley and Marrone well over 3 seasons each. I really think he's going to give his prized, big name acquisition Urban Meyer at least 3 seasons.