Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sign CJ Spiller NOW!

Because that's what we do! Every time anyone that we have heard of before is released we demand that Dave signs him! NOW!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

God no.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 10:54 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:Because that's what we do! Every time anyone that we have heard of before is released we demand that Dave signs him! NOW!

Imagine Chris Ivory, CJ Spiller, and TJ Yeldon.. Holy cow what speed side and power that would bring..

Don't do it, because it makes sense. We already have Offensive Weapon Denard Robinson as our 3rd string RB. There would be no need to get a faster, shifty RB, because our running game is built.

I would actually sign him. And I'm being serious.

It would never happen. He would supplant Yeldon on the roster, thereby deflating Dave's ego like a used Tom Brady pigskin.

Quote:It would never happen. He would supplant Yeldon on the roster, thereby deflating Dave's ego like a used Tom Brady pigskin.
Bruh, he has brought in Bortles, Ivory, Yeldon, Cann, Linder, Parnell, Beachum, Hurns, Robinson, Julius Thomas, Sen'Derrick Marks, Malik Jackson, Jalen Ramsey, Gipson, Amukamara, House, Telvin, Jack, Fowler, Ngakoue, etc...

Move aside, the dude has built this into one of the best young rosters in the league and we have a QB who could be one of the elite ones in the league in the not so distant future. But yeah, let's sit here and be all pessimistic and question the guy that has got us here.

Quote:Bruh, he has brought in Bortles, Ivory, Yeldon, Cann, Linder, Parnell, Beachum, Hurns, Robinson, Julius Thomas, Sen'Derrick Marks, Malik Jackson, Jalen Ramsey, Gipson, Amukamara, House, Telvin, Jack, Fowler, Ngakoue, etc...

Move aside, the dude has built this into one of the best young rosters in the league and we have a QB who could be one of the elite ones in the league in the not so distant future. But yeah, let's sit here and be all pessimistic and question the guy that has got us here.

I never said he didn't bring in some talent. But I don't believe the running game is where it needs to be. I was not in favor of drafting Yeldon. Time will tell how he works out. Obviously the OW Denard is a fail. I honestly believe that because we are a much more improved team than a few years ago, there is a reluctance to admit on the "misses". I'll give Caldwell credit for the "hits", and several already proven free agents and top 5 picks. But making him out to be Jacksonville's Messiah...meh. I'm not going that far. I still think there is some pride involved in the failure to go out on a limb and sign some players.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 12:16 AM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:I never said he didn't bring in some talent. But I don't believe the running game is where it needs to be. I was not in favor of drafting Yeldon. Time will tell how he works out. Obviously the OW Denard is a fail. I honestly believe that because we are a much more improved team than a few years ago, there is a reluctance to admit on the "misses". I'll give Caldwell credit for the "hits", and several already proven free agents and top 5 picks. But making him out to be Jacksonville's Messiah...meh. I'm not going that far. I still think there is some pride involved in the failure to go out on a limb and sign some players.
Not saying he is the Messiah, but to sit here and fault him for not getting CJ Spiller? And saying it'd make too much sense and he'd improve the run game? Buffalo let him walk out the door. NO just cut him week 1...I think there's probably a good reason why he was cut. Just because he's a big name doesn't mean he'd be an improvement as much as I dislike D-Rob atm.

What you mean admit on his misses? He has let go of guys who he's drafted/had in previous years. If your talking about what he says to the media on guys like Joeckel and co. that's what ALL good GM's/Coaches do. You don't rip a guy apart through the media. Not picking up a 5th year option on him I think shows that. We signed Beachum to man LT this offseason, which also shows he wasn't happy with what he was doing there. Now he's at LG (he also happens to be our best option there atm), and so far he's been solid.

He has overhauled both sides of the ball in 4 years. We have signed a ton of guys and we just picked up Arthur Brown who was a former highly viewed guy in the draft a couple years back at the end of preseason cuts. If Caldwell thinks there is an upgrade out there he'll do it. With the amount of promise this team has and all the guys he's hit on in the draft, you bet ya I'm going to trust him on when guys get cut (because they get cut for a good reason).

Denard Robinson was a 5th round pick. He wasn't a "failure" he was a guy that we took a shot on in a late round that didn't work out. 

Yeldon isn't an everydown back. Thus far in his NFL career he's been forced to do that. This preseason we got a glimpse of what he can do when he has a guy to split carries with that does well in working down a defense in Ivory (preseason means little, but regardless). This is year 2, and last year he had a pretty solid year for a rookie. He was making people miss 3-4 years in the backfield all the time on Sunday...not many are going to run wild when that is the case.

If you want to go the Cyprien route being a miss it has been but Cyp has also played largely out of position due to no good FS on the roster. So far (Just one week) he looked more comfortable and was solid outside of a terrible PI call and that one missed tackle. 

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 12:17 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

It's not a bad thing to have a 3 headed monster.. It actually makes things easier for Bortles.. With those 3 they each can have a breath to take one other off the bench.. I'd do it but that's just me lol.. That would put fear in alot of defenses all over the NFL..

I would rather have karlos williams

He old and a bust

He good on madden

For the veteran minimum, and if Ivory was out for  along period,  sure.  He can't be any worse than Dennard. 

Quote:Not saying he is the Messiah, but to sit here and fault him for not getting CJ Spiller? And saying it'd make too much sense and he'd improve the run game? Buffalo let him walk out the door. NO just cut him week 1...I think there's probably a good reason why he was cut. Just because he's a big name doesn't mean he'd be an improvement as much as I dislike D-Rob atm.

What you mean admit on his misses? He has let go of guys who he's drafted/had in previous years. If your talking about what he says to the media on guys like Joeckel and co. that's what ALL good GM's/Coaches do. You don't rip a guy apart through the media. Not picking up a 5th year option on him I think shows that. We signed Beachum to man LT this offseason, which also shows he wasn't happy with what he was doing there. Now he's at LG (he also happens to be our best option there atm), and so far he's been solid.

He has overhauled both sides of the ball in 4 years. We have signed a ton of guys and we just picked up Arthur Brown who was a former highly viewed guy in the draft a couple years back at the end of preseason cuts. If Caldwell thinks there is an upgrade out there he'll do it. With the amount of promise this team has and all the guys he's hit on in the draft, you bet ya I'm going to trust him on when guys get cut (because they get cut for a good reason).

Denard Robinson was a 5th round pick. He wasn't a "failure" he was a guy that we took a shot on in a late round that didn't work out.

Yeldon isn't an everydown back. Thus far in his NFL career he's been forced to do that. This preseason we got a glimpse of what he can do when he has a guy to split carries with that does well in working down a defense in Ivory (preseason means little, but regardless). This is year 2, and last year he had a pretty solid year for a rookie. He was making people miss 3-4 years in the backfield all the time on Sunday...not many are going to run wild when that is the case.

If you want to go the Cyprien route being a miss it has been but Cyp has also played largely out of position due to no good FS on the roster. So far (Just one week) he looked more comfortable and was solid outside of a terrible PI call and that one missed tackle.

Tj Yeldon is an every down back.

Quote:I never said he didn't bring in some talent. But I don't believe the running game is where it needs to be. I was not in favor of drafting Yeldon. Time will tell how he works out. Obviously the OW Denard is a fail. I honestly believe that because we are a much more improved team than a few years ago, there is a reluctance to admit on the "misses". I'll give Caldwell credit for the "hits", and several already proven free agents and top 5 picks. But making him out to be Jacksonville's Messiah...meh. I'm not going that far. I still think there is some pride involved in the failure to go out on a limb and sign some players.
u think a rb that was brought in to replace marshawn lynch was beat out by every single rb the bills ever had after they drafted him an has done absolutely nothin but get injured every single year is better than the rbs we have makes total sense sign em forget that he was a perfect fit for the saints n still couldnt produce hes a star

Quote:It would never happen. He would supplant Yeldon on the roster, thereby deflating Dave's ego like a used Tom Brady pigskin.

Lol. Spiller is not better than Yeldon.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Imagine Chris Ivory, CJ Spiller, and TJ Yeldon.. Holy cow what speed side and power that would bring..

Don't forget Barry Sand..... I mean Corey Grant. Sorry, I get those two confused all the time.
No commercial messages in sigs

Yards last four years:

2012 - 1244

2013 - 933

2014 - 300

2015 - 112

Yeah, let's sign him.  He's trending well.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Yards last four years:

2012 - 1244

2013 - 933

2014 - 300

2015 - 112

Yeah, let's sign him.  He's trending well.

We can buy low!

And sell even lower!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!