Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another part of my Youth is sadly gone....

Monkees Singer Michael Nesmith Dead at 78

Michael Nesmith, singer and songwriter for the Monkees, a rock band that defined the mid-20th century, died Friday at 78.

https://www.westernjournal.com/monkees-s...8mRf1pT1Zo
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 06:01 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 4 times in total.)

Weird, weird act. 

The Beatles were known as "the fab 4."  The Monkees were known as "the prefab 4," because they were individually cast into a sitcom and accidentally became a popular group when they released a single to promote their TV show.  Then people started thinking they were an actual group, and then they became an actual group although it there was some question as to whether they were actually playing their instruments.  

Another interesting fact about The Monkees- they came to Jacksonville for a concert and their opening act was... JIMI HENDRIX!  Yes, the great Jimi Hendrix opened for The Monkees.  Unbelievable.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/micky-dolenz-r...57916.html

The Monkees where what they were. They actually wanted to play their own instruments on the early records but the guy that put the group together brought in seasoned session musicians which was probably a good thing. Some of the early songs were actually pretty good, some of the later songs (which was when the band was actually doing their own stuff) was just average for the era: West-Coast tinged psychedelia. They managed to make a pretty good career out of it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Saw him with Mickey at the Florida Theater back in October, tough to watch sometime, but fun anyway.

And you guys seriously dont know the role of the Wrecking Crew on most of the music you like?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2021, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Saw him with Mickey at the Florida Theater back in October, tough to watch sometime, but fun anyway.

And you guys seriously dont know the role of the Wrecking Crew on most of the music you like?

I did not know about The Wrecking Crew.  I had to look it up.  Very interesting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2021, 06:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Saw him with Mickey at the Florida Theater back in October, tough to watch sometime, but fun anyway.

I did not know about The Wrecking Crew.  I had to look it up.  Very interesting.

Indeed, an incredible legacy that's hardly visible.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato