Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

(12-16-2021, 01:56 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:43 AM)Eric1 Wrote: HE'S [BLEEP] GONE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Frenette says Bevell is taking over...

Which is fine, he was the likely guy anyways. Has some experience already.

Plus now we'll see if it gives the team a spark over the next few weeks. Will be interesting to see how they preform now with idiot Urbs out of the picture.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2021, 02:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:56 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Frenette says Bevell is taking over...

Which is fine, he was the likely guy anyways. Has some experience already.

Plus now we'll see if it gives the team a spark over the next few weeks. Will be interesting to see how they preform now with idiot Urbs out of the picture.

Don't expect miracles. Yes, we got rid of a grade A problem child, but this is a bad team with very little talent. I wonder if Bevell installs Cisco and Little into the starting lineup?

(12-16-2021, 02:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 02:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Which is fine, he was the likely guy anyways. Has some experience already.

Don't expect miracles. Yes, we got rid of a grade A problem child, but this is a bad team with very little talent. I wonder if Bevell installs Cisco and Little into the starting lineup?

I'm not expecting miracles, I still want the 1st or 2nd pick and either Thibs or Hutch. I'm just saying it'll be interesting to see how the team comes out and preforms over these next few weeks.

(12-16-2021, 02:07 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 02:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Don't expect miracles. Yes, we got rid of a grade A problem child, but this is a bad team with very little talent. I wonder if Bevell installs Cisco and Little into the starting lineup?

I'm not expecting miracles, I still want the 1st or 2nd pick and either Thibs or Hutch. I'm just saying it'll be interesting to see how the team comes out and preforms over these next few weeks.

True. I just wanna see if he inserts Cisco or Little into the starting lineup. They gotta be better than Wingard and Taylor.

Christmas came early this year, gentlemen.

(12-15-2021, 06:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 06:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why am I not surprised you have this bad take?

Make your damn kicks. This is the NFL. We have won 3 games in 2 years because we are soft as hell. 

Piling on after the fact is for weak people.

Again, I think Urban sucks, but Lambo is a [BLEEP].

...you don't think that he held his tongue this long for fear of not working in this league again? And uh, dismissing this with "do yer jerb" is so very, very inappropriate. Are you actually saying it's cool to risk injury to the guy you're relying on to put points on the board? That'd be like Urbz punching TLaw in the shoulder mid-stretch, grumbling "4 picks, ya snotrag" and walking away. That'll convince him to get better, I'm sure.

Cripes, how long did it take for Ramsey to blab on his spat with Caldwell? Did you dismiss that unfounded allegation in similar fashion?

They need to make a movie out of this. They could get Matthew Mcconaughey to play as Urban Meyer. Would be [BLEEP] hilarious and serious at the same time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2021, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They need to make a movie out of this. They could get Matthew Mcconaughey to play as Urban Meyer. Would be [BLEEP] hilarious and serious at the same time.

I was thinking maybe more Larry David

(12-18-2021, 03:15 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They need to make a movie out of this. They could get Matthew Mcconaughey to play as Urban Meyer. Would be [BLEEP] hilarious and serious at the same time.

Too old, Haha. I would [BLEEP] die though. 

The staff being called losers scene and the kicking of the kicker scene alone would be Oscar worthy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021, 05:48 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

I never liked the hire but I can agree with his words slightly. Missing kicks gets u cussed out end of discussion. Being this bad makes me want to hold daily get ur sh together meetings but it's ironic. We went from ice cream is for losers, bologna for trying hard but not playing up to winning standard, to youre too mean and that doesn't work either.

I'll be here sitting on the old ones, while the rest of you debate about new tires and wheels for the ride .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(12-18-2021, 05:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I never liked the hire but I can agree with his words slightly.  Missing kicks gets u cussed out end of discussion.  Being this bad makes me want to hold daily get ur sh together meetings but it's ironic.  We went from ice cream is for losers, bologna for trying hard but not playing up to winning standard, to youre too mean and that doesn't work either. 

I'll be here sitting on the old ones, while the rest of you debate about new tires and wheels for the ride .

If you think all the ire over Meyer is about being too mean, you are fantastically missing the point. 

He is incompetent.  Being a mean-spirited [BLEEP] was just icing on the cake and not at all what got him fired.

(12-18-2021, 04:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 03:15 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I was thinking maybe more Larry David

Too old, Haha. I would [BLEEP] die though. 

The staff being called losers scene and the kicking of the kicker scene alone would be Oscar worthy.

LOL. I can see it.
Would be epic.

(12-18-2021, 06:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 05:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I never liked the hire but I can agree with his words slightly.  Missing kicks gets u cussed out end of discussion.  Being this bad makes me want to hold daily get ur sh together meetings but it's ironic.  We went from ice cream is for losers, bologna for trying hard but not playing up to winning standard, to youre too mean and that doesn't work either. 

If you think all the ire over Meyer is about being too mean, you are fantastically missing the point. 

He is incompetent.  Being a mean-spirited [BLEEP] was just icing on the cake and not at all what got him fired.

(12-18-2021, 04:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Too old, Haha. I would [BLEEP] die though. 

LOL. I can see it.
Would be epic.
I know it was more to it as there always is. I just never settled on who was to blame for the performances we were seeing. He's gone but I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes come Sunday.

Season Tix, Section 409

(12-18-2021, 06:08 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 06:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you think all the ire over Meyer is about being too mean, you are fantastically missing the point. 

LOL. I can see it.
Would be epic.
I know it was more to it as there always is.  I just never settled on who was to blame for the performances we were seeing.  He's gone but I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes come Sunday.

How could it not be his fault? 

What is that scenario like?

He literally was given control over EVERYTHING. 
Who else is to blame? 
 If someone else was screwing it up, it was HIS job to alter what that coach or staffer was doing wrong. 

It won't make much difference until next year unfortunately, because he's been [BLEEP] everything up since March. It will take time to undo the mess.

I would place blame personally on the entire staff. Unless Meyer specifically held back playcalls/drafting personnel decisions. I'm upset with Bevell for this atrocious offense, baalke for the bad drafting, WR coach is self explanatory, etc. Urbz has blame for hiring and driving the coaching bus but this is far beyond just a Meyer issue

Season Tix, Section 409

This is why the 4 last games are important. If , say Trevor, starts playing much better all of a sudden then I think it's safe to say it was on Meyer. If the game tomorrow is the Sewer Bowl many have predicted then maybe it wasn't only Meyer.

Let's see, I'm trying to keep an open mind and the most important thing is to see progress from Trevor. Everything else is unimportant compared to that.

(12-18-2021, 03:15 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

What about Mr Hanley from South Park?
[Image: howdy-ho-mr-hankey.gif]