Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

Honest to God, could this team look any worse to potential free agents? Meyer has set this rebuild back several years and every day Khan keeps him around, it's getting worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 03:45 PM by Mowerguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Unlike previous coaching mistakes, this one is getting ugly very fast....
Khan best get off the dime and relieve um of the job before the whole franchise implodes.
He's got to care!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-11-2021, 01:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...65/photo/1

Wow lol.

Good job Khan, no question you got the right people now  Laughing

If what he said here is real....I'm all on board with Urbs!!!

This is the HC I want. I'd assume this is aimed at Bevell who has a offense which is putrid and is his track record. Cullen can be proud of his resume. Though at the same time Urb is to blame for hiring him.

Now it’s in the regular news.

(12-11-2021, 04:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 01:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...65/photo/1

Wow lol.

This is the HC I want. I'd assume this is aimed at Bevell who has a offense which is putrid and is his track record. Cullen can be proud of his resume. Though at the same time Urb is to blame for hiring him.

Urban and Baalke are 110% responsible for the mess we are in. How they could take a garbage product and actually make it worse than what it was, is beyond my comprehension.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 04:23 PM by Craigukjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’m not against calling coaches out for poor performance. the problem is, his whole what have you won argument is irrelevant he’s won nothing in the nfl. If bellechick is saying those comments it’s justified but you can’t come to the mens league act like you’ve won it all then in press conferences blame everyone else.
The attitude doesn’t show he’s a leader amongst men it shows he was a dictator among boys

(12-11-2021, 04:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:

Wow lol.

At the same time Bevell has a track record at the NFL level from before this season. He's not a star because then he wouldn't work for the Jags but his offense was ok in Seattle and Detroit with Marvin Jones. Don't tell me it worked because he had Wilson and Stafford...

This is a damning indictment of the local media, IMO. Where was the objective reporting of this team? Are they all just paid off shill employees for the franchise? National media is the one breaking this?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-11-2021, 04:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This is a damning indictment of the local media, IMO.  Where was the objective reporting of this team? Are they all just paid off shill employees for the franchise? National media is the one breaking this?

Yes, Frenette confirmed the meeting on Twitter. Why didn't he report that before national media?

There's absolutely no way this piece of [BLEEP] can get a 2nd year. If losing every remaining game by 30 points is what it takes to get him out of here, then I'm all for it. Hell lose them all by 50 for all I care. This piece of [BLEEP] Urban needs to go.

It’s once again time to tear it all down and start over. Sadly clueless Khan will most likely make another dumb hire and waste yet another season. At this point who could blame TL for walking after his rookie contract is up after living through this dumpster fire of a franchise.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(12-11-2021, 04:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It’s once again time to tear it all down and start over. Sadly clueless Khan will most likely make another dumb hire and waste yet another season. At this point who could blame TL for walking after his rookie contract is up after living through this dumpster fire of a franchise.
Tearing what down? Lol

This team has Trevor, JRob, maybe a few OLine pieces, a very good pass rusher, a couple good corners and that’s it.

However, this team has a lot of money and will have a top 3 pick each round of the draft. That’s a lot to work with for the next GM and HC.

This is a franchise killing flat spin. You tear down a 1-15 team and make it worse. You create a tempest with amateur decision making and then try to make it worse.

No one is signing with this team to coach or play. Khan better wake up and fix this because he is going to lose out on anything positive with Lawrence. They have polluted any chance of working with Robinson.

If he retains Meyer, they should trade Lawrence because he isn't staying here long term. My wife will get her wish and I will move on after all these years. I had no idea that it was worse than my pessimism and apathy combined.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 05:06 PM by Eye of the Storm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-11-2021, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 04:52 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It’s once again time to tear it all down and start over. Sadly clueless Khan will most likely make another dumb hire and waste yet another season. At this point who could blame TL for walking after his rookie contract is up after living through this dumpster fire of a franchise.
Tearing what down? Lol

This team has Trevor, JRob, maybe a few OLine pieces, a very good pass rusher, a couple good corners and that’s it.

However, this team has a lot of money and will have a top 3 pick each round of the draft. That’s a lot to work with for the next GM and HC.

The whole personnel department and coaching staff. The only players that are really worth keeping is TL, Robinson and Allen. Everyone else can be replaced. So, yeah a complete tear down. Again.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(12-11-2021, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: However, this team has a lot of money and will have a top 3 pick each round of the draft. That’s a lot to work with for the next GM and HC.

There have been just as many leaks about players are going to say a giant hell no to coming to Jax in FA. What coach could change their mind?

Maybe Bieniemy would have the best shot? A guy that the players love and think has deserved a chance for many years, and I'm not going to dance around it, hiring a black coach would probably help quite a bit.

(12-11-2021, 05:13 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: However, this team has a lot of money and will have a top 3 pick each round of the draft. That’s a lot to work with for the next GM and HC.

There have been just as many leaks about players are going to say a giant hell no to coming to Jax in FA. What coach could change their mind?

Maybe Bieniemy would have the best shot? A guy that the players love and think has deserved a chance for many years, and I'm not going to dance around it, hiring a black coach would probably help quite a bit.
Honestly, not sure what coach and GM could help this situation. 

Having Trevor may help but it’s definitely looking like 2022 will be rough too.

(12-11-2021, 03:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Honest to God, could this team look any worse to potential free agents? Meyer has set this rebuild back several years and every day Khan keeps him around, it's getting worse.

It seems to me the only way to get back any semblance of immediate credibility in the larger NFL community is to fire Meyer and then hire a big name coach like Payton.  Pederson might work too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Let’s see what happens. I think this next game will be telling. If we play like the last few games, start playing taps. If we look improved, perhaps there is some hope things can turn around. All of this wallowing in misery and gloomy prospects is depressing. You guys are beginning to sound like Bills fans, and that’s not good.

At this stage it's clear we need an experienced NFL head coach. I just wonder what's in it for that guy?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 05:43 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-11-2021, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let’s see what happens. I think this next game will be telling. If we play like the last few games, start playing taps. If we look improved, perhaps there is some hope things can turn around. All of this wallowing in misery and gloomy prospects is depressing. You guys are beginning to sound like Bills fans, and that’s not good.

I see no way we come close to looking improved against Tennessee.

I certainly don't see the players rallying around Meyer.

A sudden infusion of immediate impact talent is not in the offing.

A reasonable expectation would be for some players to meet with Khan at season's end and push for UM to be fired.  Maybe the fans could do something too.

Right now, this has to be among the lowest points in team history.

(12-11-2021, 05:37 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: At this stage it's clear we need an experienced NFL head coach. I just wonder what's in it for that guy?

In theorym the idea of coaching Trevor Lawrence should still be an enticement, though UM may have damaged that some.

Get rid of Baalke and UM and get a top tier coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!