Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tension boiling over

Heck, I'll be surprised if the team even tries to win tomorrow.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2021, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let’s see what happens. I think this next game will be telling. If we play like the last few games, start playing taps. If we look improved, perhaps there is some hope things can turn around. All of this wallowing in misery and gloomy prospects is depressing. You guys are beginning to sound like Bills fans, and that’s not good.

The only reason we would look improved vs the Titans, much like when we barely squeaked out the Dolphins win, is because they are missing perhaps their 3 best players plus several more important starters.

If by some chance we sneak by and win a game where the Titans are starting Donta Foreman, Geoff Swaim, Chester Rogers, and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine at the skill positions we should absolutely not let that sway the anger we have right now. Not even a tiny bit.

(12-11-2021, 05:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Let’s see what happens. I think this next game will be telling. If we play like the last few games, start playing taps. If we look improved, perhaps there is some hope things can turn around. All of this wallowing in misery and gloomy prospects is depressing. You guys are beginning to sound like Bills fans, and that’s not good.
And you are continuing to look like you have your head in the sand.

Lets see what happens in the next game? And just disregard every single other red flag that’s happened? Sounds great!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 06:09 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

ESPN reports khan is NOT moving on from urban:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3284...ources-say

If that report is true khan is officially the worst owner in the nfl and will lose the fan base

Why would he? Besides, the other thread about this says that Khan is staying with Meyer but getting rid of Baalke(and probably others).

(12-11-2021, 06:10 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Why would he? Besides, the other thread about this says that Khan is staying with Meyer but getting rid of Baalke(and probably others).

Because Urban taking bringing this franchise to rock bottom as a personal challenge

Preach it big Uche
https://twitter.com/Chukwu77/status/1469764347660488713

(12-11-2021, 06:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: ESPN reports khan is NOT moving on from urban:

If that report is true khan is officially the worst owner in the nfl and will lose the fan base
At this point I think he’s trying to lose the fan base on purpose.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 06:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-11-2021, 05:44 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Heck, I'll be surprised if the team even tries to win tomorrow.

I hope they don't. Send a message to the owner that they can't work with Urban.

(12-11-2021, 06:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...2113168388

Not Bevell!

(12-11-2021, 06:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: ESPN reports khan is NOT moving on from urban:

That stadium will be empty next year.

(12-11-2021, 06:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Lets see what happens in the next game? And just disregard every single other red flag that’s happened? Sounds great!

Add in the draft, free agency, joke QB competition and the TE circus and you need to see the next game? This franchise is radio active. The league already hated the franchise and regrets awarding the city a franchise. The NFPLA actively undermined free agency with us. They hired a fool who doesn't practice what he preaches and is a crap show.

I dont see a path forward. Believing a few wins would help ignores everything to this point.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-11-2021, 04:21 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: I’m not against calling coaches out for poor performance. the problem is, his whole what have you won argument is irrelevant he’s won nothing in the nfl. If bellechick is saying those comments it’s justified but you can’t come to the mens league act like you’ve won it all then in press conferences blame everyone else.
The attitude doesn’t show he’s a leader amongst men it shows he was a dictator among boys

Yep, it's the context. It makes Urbs look very small if he's blaming everyone else and then talking about his college record. Not a good look at all.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I 100% believe this report. He has shied away from taking responsibility for any failure and has actually thrown players/ coaches under the bus during press conferences.

Shad must be able to see this lack of leadership. Would he accept this from a factory GM? “Oh I don’t know why the metrics are off this week. You’re going to have to go ask Smitty on the injection line. I don’t micromanage that stuff.”

Anyone that can build a business that large from nothing, must be able to recognize a bad investment. Meyer is the definition of a sunk cost, cut ties and move on my man. Wasting more resources on this dud isn’t worth it.

The franchise is so screwed on so many levels.  Wallbash
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-11-2021, 07:10 PM)rufftime Wrote: I 100% believe this report.  He has shied away from taking responsibility for any failure and has actually thrown players/ coaches under the bus during press conferences.

Shad must be able to see this lack of leadership.  Would he accept this from a factory GM?  “Oh I don’t know why the metrics are off this week.  You’re going to have to go ask Smitty on the injection line.  I don’t micromanage that stuff.” 

Anyone that can build a business that large from nothing, must be able to recognize a bad investment.  Meyer is the definition of a sunk cost, cut ties and move on my man.  Wasting more resources on this dud isn’t worth it.

You’d be shocked. My in law was a jr exec for Shad, says his workplaces are like the wild west. Tons of quality turn backs and issues, but the money keeps rolling in so… must be doing something right, ye? Lol

(12-11-2021, 05:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: In theorym the idea of coaching Trevor Lawrence should still be an enticement, though UM may have damaged that some.

Get rid of Baalke and UM and get a top tier coach.

Sounds like more than maybe if this report is true.  According to this article Lawrence confronted Meyer over the decision to bench Robinson.

Trevor Lawrence’s Social Media Post Is Going Viral After Urban Meyer Report (msn.com)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-11-2021, 06:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

It’s come to a head and word is out. If he attempts a different strategy in an attempt to patch things up, we’ll see it. If he sticks to his ways, we’ll see it.

Tomorrow’s results will be a strong prediction of his future with the Jags.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it....

Khan needs to be more ruthless than he was before. Damage limitation now. Make the change asap.

I should've stayed in bed today. The Jags aren't gonna fire Urban Meyer, despite making us look like the most dysfunctional NFL team of the last 25 years and Oregon hires someone other than Chip Kelly. I can't get rid of worthless coaches on my favorite NFL or college teams. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!