Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which stat surprises you more

Lawrence with 9 TD passes 

Robinson - 678 yards rushing 

(before Titans matchup)

I’ll have to go with Robinson. I figured he would have a breakout type of year with 1400 yards and 13 TDs. I put Lawrence on a lower number due to Robinson having a big year.

What a complete waste of a season for both guys.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There confidence must be on a all time low as well

Talk about a stunt in development for both players

Robinson, by far. Lawrence doesn't have any household names to throw the rock to.

Robinson is the best player they have offensively and there's no real gameplan that I have seen consistently for him as the focal point.

Bevell was fired though from Seattle because I think he wasn't running it enough for Pete's liking.

However, Meyer built the foundation of all of his college wins literally off the backs of his backs. I was expecting more running attacks, various running formations and schemes, more running with Lawrence, etc.

We just keep seeing the same lack of identity though in every game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lawrence with just 9 TD passes with 4 games remaining. He threw 3 TDs in week 1 against the Texans and has managed only 6 TD passes since then.

This has nothing to do with the oline, WRs, etc. this is bad play calling at its finest. We keep saying Robinson is going to walk, but Trevor Lawrence is going to be right behind him if something doesn’t change.

(12-12-2021, 06:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence with just 9 TD passes with 4 games remaining. He threw 3 TDs in week 1 against the Texans and has managed only 6 TD passes since then.

This has nothing to do with the oline, WRs, etc. this is bad play calling at its finest. We keep saying Robinson is going to walk, but Trevor Lawrence is going to be right behind him if something doesn’t change.
Where is he gonna walk? No team is gonna want a QB who can't throw more TDs then Teddy Bridgewater.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(12-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 06:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence with just 9 TD passes with 4 games remaining. He threw 3 TDs in week 1 against the Texans and has managed only 6 TD passes since then.

Where is he gonna walk? No team is gonna want a QB who can't throw more TDs then Teddy Bridgewater.
Sean Payton, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan and Ron Rivera would take this kid right now.

Any team competently getting by with lack luster play at QB with a relatively solid NFL offensive mind would take this kid on potential alone.

He's destined to be the next Alex Smith at worst and Matt Ryan at best at this point unless they fire Meyer.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2021, 09:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Where is he gonna walk? No team is gonna want a QB who can't throw more TDs then Teddy Bridgewater.
Sean Payton, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan and Ron Rivera would take this kid right now.

Any team competently getting by with lack luster play at QB with a relatively solid NFL offensive mind would take this kid on potential alone.

He's destined to be the next Alex Smith at worst and Matt Ryan at best at this point unless they fire Meyer.

Take your homer blinders off.

(12-12-2021, 09:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Where is he gonna walk? No team is gonna want a QB who can't throw more TDs then Teddy Bridgewater.

Maybe but this organization will never pull anything out of him. I'll gladly eat a huge bile of crow if I'm wrong and really hope I am but Lawrence has been hard to watch.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 10:05 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-12-2021, 09:32 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 09:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sean Payton, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan and Ron Rivera would take this kid right now.

Take your homer blinders off.
They are off. Haven't been a homer since I was a kid. Alex Smith and Matt Ryan were/aren't anything special.

Alex went through a rough stint with a revolving door of HCs and OCs in SF and by the time it "clicked" he was being phased out by his replacement while having success with Harbaugh. Had a redeeming stint with Andy Reid in Kansas City before once again being phased out by his replacement while having success with Reid.

Ryan has mostly been just a guy that's consistently put up solid regular season numbers with talent like Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones, Roddy White and a few other players here and there but he could never really elevate his play to carry the franchise enough in big games.

Lawrence is pretty much destined for one of those two paths at this point. He'll get stuck with Meyer, who will throw the OC under the bus while they hover well below or right at .500 for the next two years and by the time Khan finally finds a solid replacement he'll be on his way out.

Or, he'll just get some pieces added around him, a better OC in the off season and start putting up better TD:INT numbers and win a few more games but nothing overly flashy.

He's not Rodgers/Manning/Mahomes/Brady/Brees level elite. He's mid range at this point for me. Competent coaching could get him to be great one week or two weeks in a row with the right pieces but if the gameplan isn't there or the talent is lacking like it is now?

He'll be more like Mayfield/Bridgewater/Ryan/Garropollo. Again, nothing flashy here.

Remember when it was missed extra points and field goals that were the problem? Ah good times.

that we did not cross the 50 all day except 1 time during last secs of 1st half in garbage time

(12-12-2021, 09:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 09:32 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Take your homer blinders off.
They are off. Haven't been a homer since I was a kid. Alex Smith and Matt Ryan were/aren't anything special.

Alex went through a rough stint with a revolving door of HCs and OCs in SF and by the time it "clicked" he was being phased out by his replacement while having success with Harbaugh. Had a redeeming stint with Andy Reid in Kansas City before once again being phased out by his replacement while having success with Reid.

Ryan has mostly been just a guy that's consistently put up solid regular season numbers with talent like Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones, Roddy White and a few other players here and there but he could never really elevate his play to carry the franchise enough in big games.

Lawrence is pretty much destined for one of those two paths at this point. He'll get stuck with Meyer, who will throw the OC under the bus while they hover well below or right at .500 for the next two years and by the time Khan finally finds a solid replacement he'll be on his way out.

Or, he'll just get some pieces added around him, a better OC in the off season and start putting up better TD:INT numbers and win a few more games but nothing overly flashy.

He's not Rodgers/Manning/Mahomes/Brady/Brees level elite. He's mid range at this point for me. Competent coaching could get him to be great one week or two weeks in a row with the right pieces but if the gameplan isn't there or the talent is lacking like it is now?

He'll be more like Mayfield/Bridgewater/Ryan/Garropollo. Again, nothing flashy here.

Lawrence was supposed to be Manning, Brady, Brees, Luck, Rodgers, Mahommes. That’s why we took him #1. After watching him, he’s a Darnold, Bortles, Newton, Tua, etc.

Morons, the board is full of morons.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 12:03 PM by Mikey.)

(12-11-2021, 09:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence with 9 TD passes 

Robinson - 678 yards rushing 

(before Titans matchup)

I’ll have to go with Robinson. I figured he would have a breakout type of year with 1400 yards and 13 TDs. I put Lawrence on a lower number due to Robinson having a big year.

What a complete waste of a season for both guys.

Probably TLaw.

From the day we signed Hyde and then threw another pick at another RB, I knew either Urban had no idea who JRob was, or how to use him to maximize the potential of our passing offense.

I don't think anyone was expecting Herbert-esque numbers from TLaw, but 15-20 TD for the year was a realistic preseason expectation.

I think the most astonishing stat though is that we managed to get two wins before the wheels fell completely off.

(12-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Protozoa Wrote:

Dam Sarnold netted 3 picks this past offseason, and I don't think ANYONE considers him any world-beating prospect. Youth and cheap contract will attract some GM on the hope that they get a steal.

For someone with Lawrence's past performance? Guaranteed the phones would be ringing off the hook if he leaked any word that he didn't want to stick around under Urbz's tenure.