Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Titans will be picking first in 2017

Not because of how bad the Titans are (they aren't great by any means), but because they have the Rams 1st round pick. I don't see the Rams winning more than 3-4 games this year, they're colossally bad at QB and have no WR's, outside of the D-line (which is overrated) the rest of their defense isn't good. It's highly probable that the Titans will be have two top 5 picks next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not because of how bad the Titans are (they aren't great by any means), but because they have the Rams 1st round pick. I don't see the Rams winning more than 3-4 games this year, they're colossally bad at QB and have no WR's, outside of the D-line (which is overrated) the rest of their defense isn't good. It's highly probable that the Titans will be have two top 5 picks next year.

If this happens and Tennessee ends up keeping their pick,  what position do you think they will target?   Being that they have a young QB and two young Offensive Tackles in place,  they could easily go after a Defensive player. 

Rams need to dump fisher very badly.

However, they will prolly win 7 games this year in typical Fisher fashion.

Quote:  If this happens and Tennessee ends up keeping their pick,  what position do you think they will target?   Being that they have a young QB and two young Offensive Tackles in place,  they could easily go after a Defensive player. 

I think it's DE/3-4 OLB, next years draft is loaded at both positions. Jags fans need to pray they won't be in position to select Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, he'll profile as the best edge rusher to come out of college since another A&M alum named Von Miller.

Quote:Rams need to dump fisher very badly.

Fisher and Les Snead, they've been there for like 5 years, and it's a complete dumpster fire. They were setup perfectly from the RGIII trade too, just a colossal failure. Should've taken Blake Bortles in 2014 with the 2nd overall pick, passed on Bortles because they already "had" Sam Bradford, they decided to select Greg Robinson who's been a colossal bust so far. Not taking Bortles has proven to be disastrous, as they mortgaged their future for a guy that can't beat out Case Keenum, you can't make this stuff up.

Quote:Rams need to dump fisher very badly.

[Image: happy-jeff-fisher-day-7-9-nfl-memes-this...029597.png]

I guess Gus wears number 3-13

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I think it's DE/3-4 OLB, next years draft is loaded at both positions. Jags fans need to pray they won't be in position to select Texas A&M's Myles Garrett, he'll profile as the best edge rusher to come out of college since another A&M alum named Von Miller.

That certainly would be a good fit for Tennessee.

Another concern for the Jaguars and the other two AFC South teams in particular is if the Rams finish with a very high pick,  Tennessee could trade down again in the draft.   The package they got from the Rams for the rights to the # 1 pick in 2016 potentially could help them greatly in their rebuilding process.    Another Tennessee high quality trade package could raise the bar in the AFC South greatly.  

I did not know the numbers went that high.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:   That certainly would be a good fit for Tennessee.

Another concern for the Jaguars and the other two AFC South teams in particular is if the Rams finish with a very high pick,  Tennessee could trade down again in the draft.   The package they got from the Rams for the rights to the # 1 pick in 2016 potentially could help them greatly in their rebuilding process.    Another Tennessee high quality trade package could raise the bar in the AFC South greatly.  

What you say makes a lot of sense, but they would actually have to draft well to take advantage.  Therein lies the problem, they haven't exactly drafted well the last few years.

Quote:   That certainly would be a good fit for Tennessee.

Good point, but will there be any takers as foolish as there were for the 2016 draft? Seemed that their was much more desperation this year than most.

Quote:What you say makes a lot of sense, but they would actually have to draft well to take advantage.  Therein lies the problem, they haven't exactly drafted well the last few years.

The possible difference though is this season they have a new G.M. ( Jon Robinson ).  

Another thing worth considering is the titans might want to use the pick for their own interests to take another QB if Mariota keeps looking as limited as he's looked so far in his career.

Quote:Good point, but will there be any takers as foolish as there were for the 2016 draft? Seemed that their was much more desperation this year than most.

The desperation level in 2016 might have been at a level we may have never seen.

So much in 2017 and in any given year will depend on the QBs that are draft eligible and the need level at the position. 

Quote:Another thing worth considering is the titans might want to use the pick for their own interests to take another QB if Mariota keeps looking as limited as he's looked so far in his career.

One possibility is Tennessee trades their current starting QB to Chip Kelly/ 49ers for a massive package and Jon Robinson drafts his own QB of the future. 

Quote:  If this happens and Tennessee ends up keeping their pick,  what position do you think they will target?   Being that they have a young QB and two young Offensive Tackles in place,  they could easily go after a Defensive player. 
Pass rusher for sure, then either WR or DB would be my thinking.

Quote:Pass rusher for sure, then either WR or DB would be my thinking.

All good choices based on positions Tennessee can use major upgrades at. 

Knowing Jon Robinson has a long history under Bill Belichick in New England,  before going to Tampa,  my guess is WR is a position that Robinson wouldn't address with a top 5 draft pick.   I don't think the Patriots drafted a WR in Round 1 in the 17 drafts under Belichick.

Do they trade out again?

It's possible they have the #1 pick and a top 10 pick.

Garrett is the favorite to be the first non-QB pick. There are some really good CBs such as Tabor, White (LSU), and King (Iowa). Titans will have a chance to add 2 elite players to that defense.

I would try to acquire as much picks as possible, and turn those two picks into like 5 or 6 picks.  You can plug a lot of holes fast and cheap, but you have to draft well, hit at least 4/6 more like 5 of 6 guys, but you easily turn the number 1 into a 1,2,3, and the top ten to a later 1,2.  It obviously matter who's on the board etc. But you can build an o-line and get some good ILB, safties.  If you don't want to trade out you gotta go WR, LT, CB, or Pass rush DE/LB.  Hardest most impactful guys to find, but if there aren't the studs you like in these positions you trade out, kinda thinking trading the number 1 is always the way to go if you can get a decent deal.   Also I think its way to early for them to pull the plug on MM unless he blows out his knee or shoulder.