Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our owner is clueless!

I just read an article on ESPN.com by Michael DiRocco where Shad Khan talked about Urban's future and what he says is beyond clueless! Here is his quotes.....

"I want to do the right thing for the team. I want to do the right thing for the city," Khan said. "That, to me, is way more important than just acting helter-skelter on emotion. I think we have a history of really looking at the facts and then really doing the right thing.

"Gus Bradley was here four years. Doug Marrone was here four years. It was wins and losses and this is a little bit different but, you know, I'm going to reflect on all of that and do what's the right thing for the team and the right thing for the city."

Really? We have a history of doing the right thing? When? He's acting like keeping Bradley and Marrone around for way longer than they should've been is a good thing? Is he insane? Keeping them around set us back 2-3 years and Meyer and Baalke have set us back an additional 2-3 years. We'll be lucky if we're even competitive by 2025. And where were these wins and losses he is referring to? I just remember losses. We had a fluke year in 2017, but before that it was tons of losses and after that it was tons of really bad losses. I'd almost rather he not talk at all, than to spew asinine sentiments like this. It just makes him look dumber than we already thought he was.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The sooner you understand that Khan is the problem the better. This isn't news because we all know he will be slow to decide to get rid of the head coach.

Jagwires since Khan took ownership.

39 wins - 102 losses.

Put another way, it would take 21 seasons of going 10 - 7 before the team's win equalled their losses.

Man he really is proud of that one season. Let's hope this is the dreaded vote of confidence situation.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I have been saying it for years that Shad is clueless.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-14-2021, 08:09 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have been saying it for years that Shad is clueless.

Then there is no hope for this franchise and we will be this way forever.

Khan isn't going to get rid of his guy after only one season. The only hope to salvage this mess is to minimize Meyer's footprint and prop him up with a good staff. Get a strong GM in there and remove any capacity Meyer has to make personnel decisions. Give Meyer one job and one lane to stay in. Fire Bevell at the first instant possible and find someone competent. Surround Meyer with people who know the business. Finally, draw the line with Meyer. If next season doesn't show drastic improvement, he's gone at the bye.

Common sense says these are measures that should have been taken in the first place with a raw rookie coach, but Khan was absolutely smitten with Meyer. So much so he handed him all the keys. It was stupid and not a mistake you would think a seasoned billionaire businessman would make, but here we are. Now it's time for damage control with the secondary goal of saving face with the owner.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 09:29 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-14-2021, 09:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan isn't going to get rid of his guy after only one season. The only hope to salvage this mess is to minimize Meyer's footprint and prop him up with a good staff. Get a strong GM in there and remove any capacity Meyer has to make personnel decisions. Give Meyer one job and one lane to stay in. Fire Bevell at the first instant possible and find someone competent. Surround Meyer with people who know the business. Finally, draw the line with Meyer. If next season doesn't show drastic improvement, he's gone at the bye.

Common sense says these are measures that should have been taken in the first place with a raw rookie coach, but Khan was absolutely smitten with Meyer. So much so he handed him all the keys. It was stupid and not a mistake you would think a seasoned billionaire businessman would make, but here we are. Now it's time for damage control with the secondary goal of saving face with the owner.
That's the ringing endorsement for the HC we need. Have him do nothing, which it appears Meyer already does, so this would be no different.

Meanwhile....

https://twitter.com/tealtalk/status/1470...78372?s=20

https://twitter.com/tealtalk/status/1470...96544?s=20

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 09:35 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't feel like Khan wants to develop the reputation as an owner who fires coaches during the season, even when it is totally warranted. I feel like Khan is the type of person who worries about not being liked, even while being a narcissist billionaire.

The ultimate kicker here will be the inability to attract viable free agents under Urban's rule. It may be too late before Shad realizes that piece of the puzzle, giving us 1 more year of Urbs.

Shad could pay off Urbans contract with a month's worth of interest from his money market. It's all ego from here.

This is not news though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

The future of the Jags, in terms of competitiveness and if we can become a serious franchise once more, hinges in his decision(s) this off-season.

And it isn’t looking good

"We have a history of doing the right thing."

-Doing the Right Thing
-HIring Gus Bradley, Doug Marrone, and Urban Meyer

pick one.

Im starting to think the Jags are just some kind of money laundering operation for Khan at the moment.

Never known an owner so happy to be last all the time.

(12-14-2021, 09:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't feel like Khan wants to develop the reputation as an owner who fires coaches during the season, even when it is totally warranted. I feel like Khan is the type of person who worries about not being liked, even while being a narcissist billionaire.

The ultimate kicker here will be the inability to attract viable free agents under Urban's rule. It may be too late before Shad realizes that piece of the puzzle, giving us 1 more year of Urbs.

Shad could pay off Urbans contract with a month's worth of interest from his money market. It's all ego from here.

Okay but he allowed Gus Bradley, owner of the worst winning percentage as a HC in NFL history, 4 years.  He has a reputation for being patient already.  Unfortunately he also now has a reputation for not demanding results.

(12-14-2021, 09:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't feel like Khan wants to develop the reputation as an owner who fires coaches during the season, even when it is totally warranted. I feel like Khan is the type of person who worries about not being liked, even while being a narcissist billionaire.

Does he realize how much he is hated by the fans for bringing this mess on in the first place? He was not liked before he hired Urban and Baalke. He has a reputation for ignoring the writing on the wall and keeping bad coaches and GM's way passed their expiration date, thus setting us back even further. Then he hires a GM in house that was part of this losing mentality from years past and hires an unlikable, ego-maniacal HC with absolutely no NFL experience and no clue. How are we supposed to like an owner that took a struggling franchise and has made it totally unwatchable? Is he so clueless that he can't see this? That would be a whole new level of obliviousness.

(12-14-2021, 10:34 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Im starting to think the Jags are just some kind of money laundering operation for Khan at the moment.

Never known an owner so happy to be last all the time.
Ozark style. Nice.

I’m starting to think Khan WILL fire Urban. Why is this? It’s because the external pressure to do so is great. He may be sending that Urban is hurting his own reputation.

(12-14-2021, 10:44 AM)Newton Wrote: I’m starting to think Khan WILL fire Urban. Why is this? It’s because the external pressure to do so is great. He may be sending that Urban is hurting his own reputation.
It has been very very bad in Jacksonville before but it has legit never been this bad. The extreme high of drafting Trevor is only matched by the extreme low of having Urban.

Biennemy or Leftwich. Get someone who’s played in the league. Someone the players respect and can relate to.
Meyer doesn’t have a clue.
I do wNt to thank Urban for giving me back my Sunday afternoons. My yard looks great!

(12-14-2021, 10:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 10:44 AM)Newton Wrote: I’m starting to think Khan WILL fire Urban. Why is this? It’s because the external pressure to do so is great. He may be sending that Urban is hurting his own reputation.
It has been very very bad in Jacksonville before but it has legit never been this bad. The extreme high of drafting Trevor is only matched by the extreme low of having Urban.
And this is why the franchise is going nowhere. He hired a reputation guy and thought leader in a league that requires winning. 

This fan base has suffered through his ham fisted attempts and he hasn't learned anything. That is the mind boggling frustration that produces my lowest of low point with this team. How the hell do you get the QB and do nothing else. How do you screw up extra picks and big cap money?

It can only be that it isn't about winning or fans.