Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our owner is clueless!

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-owner-s...ding-urban-

I don't know about you but when I read these quotes, it sure seems like he's ready to move on from Meyer. Especially this part:

"What concerns me is obviously wins and losses," Khan said. "But, hey, we're sitting here, we haven't had a lot of wins. What's different about this thing is you have losses and you have drama. In the past, it was like, you were, 'It's like the lowly Jaguars' and everyone left you alone. Now, the scrutiny we have is really something different."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He doesn't need to be a hands on owner but then he needs to hire the right guy to run the organization. so far he is 0-2 on that with Coughlin and Meyer. we need a Really Good GM to run the team like Balt had with Ozzy. and get a good HC. you get a good GM and HC and you can start building a culture, winning and bringing in players. but you need to have stability with structure that works. and Urban is not what i thought he was going to Be. i thought he would be tough on the guys and bring change, right now only thing i have see from him is the Defense has improved as Cullen is a Good Coach. but outside of that no change in fact it has gotten worse. and i didn't think that was possible.

Khan please do yourself a Solid, admit you were wrong about him, pay him out and bring in a proven NFL coach with NFL experience. as this Urban experiment isn't gonna work and if we do fire everyone, who would want to come in and work with him that has experience in the NFL.

I don't really care what all is said and done at this point. The organization can say and do whatever they want for now. There isn't anything that can change this season, if Shad wants to put on a brave face and pray that things miraculously turns around this last month of the season then whatever.

But if things stay the same as they have been, and there is obviously no reason to think they won't, and Urban isn't fired the Monday after the season ends then it will be pitchfork time. In fact, I hope they wait until then to do it. I don't want an interim to provide a spark and then Shad thinks that's real and we hire that interim full time and we get Marrone 2.0.

I agree. Hire a real GM first, then let them assemble their staff.

(12-14-2021, 11:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-owner-s...ding-urban-

I don't know about you but when I read these quotes, it sure seems like he's ready to move on from Meyer. Especially this part:

"What concerns me is obviously wins and losses," Khan said. "But, hey, we're sitting here, we haven't had a lot of wins. What's different about this thing is you have losses and you have drama. In the past, it was like, you were, 'It's like the lowly Jaguars' and everyone left you alone. Now, the scrutiny we have is really something different."

He's definitely feeling the heat like never before.

(12-14-2021, 02:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just read an article on ESPN.com by Michael DiRocco where Shad Khan talked about Urban's future and what he says is beyond clueless! Here is his quotes.....

"I want to do the right thing for the team. I want to do the right thing for the city," Khan said. "That, to me, is way more important than just acting helter-skelter on emotion. I think we have a history of really looking at the facts and then really doing the right thing.

"Gus Bradley was here four years. Doug Marrone was here four years. It was wins and losses and this is a little bit different but, you know, I'm going to reflect on all of that and do what's the right thing for the team and the right thing for the city."

Really? We have a history of doing the right thing? When? He's acting like keeping Bradley and Marrone around for way longer than they should've been is a good thing? Is he insane? Keeping them around set us back 2-3 years and Meyer and Baalke have set us back an additional 2-3 years. We'll be lucky if we're even competitive by 2025. And where were these wins and losses he is referring to? I just remember losses. We had a fluke year in 2017, but before that it was tons of losses and after that it was tons of really bad losses. I'd almost rather he not talk at all, than to spew asinine sentiments like this. It just makes him look dumber than we already thought he was.

When you hire the wrong guys all the time and give them time to get it right, you need a mirror to see the real problem.  It is the owner.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 02:05 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-14-2021, 10:34 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 09:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't feel like Khan wants to develop the reputation as an owner who fires coaches during the season, even when it is totally warranted. I feel like Khan is the type of person who worries about not being liked, even while being a narcissist billionaire.

The ultimate kicker here will be the inability to attract viable free agents under Urban's rule. It may be too late before Shad realizes that piece of the puzzle, giving us 1 more year of Urbs.

Shad could pay off Urbans contract with a month's worth of interest from his money market. It's all ego from here.

Okay but he allowed Gus Bradley, owner of the worst winning percentage as a HC in NFL history, 4 years.  He has a reputation for being patient already.  Unfortunately he also now has a reputation for not demanding results.

The Jaguars situation under Urban Meyer seems vastly different than it was under Gus Bradley or any other HC the Jaguars had who didn't pan out.  

Gus Bradley is probably a better fit as a Defensive Coordinator than as an NFL HC.  Even though Bradley's W-L % was very low, I never had the impression that Bradley was endangering the longer term future of the Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise. 

In the other hand, Urban Meyer is putting the Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise at great risk.  QB prospects like Trevor Lawrence are rare.  An opportunity like this might not happen again in Jacksonville.  The longer Meyer remains Jags HC,  the greater the chance that Lawrence doesn't come close to reaching his NFL QB potential.

(12-14-2021, 10:44 AM)Newton Wrote: I’m starting to think Khan WILL fire Urban. Why is this? It’s because the external pressure to do so is great. He may be sending that Urban is hurting his own reputation.

I kinda think the opposite, I'm thinking Khan is hoping that the pressure gets to him and Urbz steps down rather than continue to face the howling of the wolves. It the worst standoff imaginable. Two egomaniacs denying their own history of failure, hoping the other will act first, not realizing that both of their images are already scarred by everything leading up to this impasse. There's a huge chunk of change riding on the one who finally pulls the trigger, and I don't see Urban kissing that away by stepping down of his own volition.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 07:08 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-14-2021, 11:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-owner-s...ding-urban-

When I read it I come away with 3 takes.  Problem is, a man in Khan’s shoes won’t show or play his hand. He will not come out in an interview and say “yes, I’m gonna fire that mother [BLEEP]”.  Obviously.  He won’t say “ya know, I’ve been thinking about it, but I spent so much on him.  He’s not going to say “I’m keeping this dude”, unless he is in fact “keeping this dude”. Khan, along with most successful people choose their words wisely.  He’s not guaranteeing anything.  So, for me, the biggest take is he is not telling us that Meyer is his guy.  I think Khan knows at this point. It’s more so a matter of money.  I do believe he wants the Jags to win a SB.  But I also believe $ is what brought him to own an NFL franchise in the first place.  He isn’t ruling out firing UM.  I do fear he decides to keep him another year.  I can not say that his remarks are a “doubling down” thing.  If they are, welp #becausewereallblindfansandkeepwishingthebestAndwerescrewed

I'm just glad we are making the headlines. Heck, even Jim Rome often has full segments to illustrate the disfunction of Urban Meyer.

I’m telling you guys...Khan flat out doesn’t care if the Jaguars win or lose. He literally gets paid millions either way.

Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys for $150 million and now they are worth Billions. I don’t know the numbers on Khan’s deal but the Jags are probably triple what he bought them for.

He doesn’t think like the casual fan or even us diehard fans. He stays out of the way and out of the tabloids bc he doesn’t have a burning passion for football. I bet the guy doesn’t know the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4. And if Khan don’t care about winning, then this franchise will suffer as long as he is the owner.

He just don’t know football man. He just sees this as a cash cow. That’s it.

(12-14-2021, 07:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm just glad we are making the headlines.  Heck, even Jim Rome often has full segments to illustrate the disfunction of Urban Meyer.

What’s the phrase? Even bad publicity is good publicity, or something along those lines?

Trevor will be out as soon as his contract is up.

(12-14-2021, 07:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m telling you guys...Khan flat out doesn’t care if the Jaguars win or lose. He literally gets paid millions either way.

Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys for $150 million and now they are worth Billions. I don’t know the numbers on Khan’s deal but the Jags are probably triple what he bought them for.

He doesn’t think like the casual fan or even us diehard fans. He stays out of the way and out of the tabloids bc he doesn’t have a burning passion for football. I bet the guy doesn’t know the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4. And if Khan don’t care about winning, then this franchise will suffer as long as he is the owner.

To Jerry Jones’ credit, he does have a big hand in drafting and had won 3 Super Bowls.  May not be the best analogy

(12-14-2021, 12:07 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't really care what all is said and done at this point. The organization can say and do whatever they want for now. There isn't anything that can change this season, if Shad wants to put on a brave face and pray that things miraculously turns around this last month of the season then whatever.

But if things stay the same as they have been, and there is obviously no reason to think they won't, and Urban isn't fired the Monday after the season ends then it will be pitchfork time. In fact, I hope they wait until then to do it. I don't want an interim to provide a spark and then Shad thinks that's real and we hire that interim full time and we get Marrone 2.0.

I largely agree.  I hear people wanting to fire Meyer before the end of the season, but for what purpose?  This season is already ruined.  Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic isn't likely to help.  I don't want to consider either Bevell or Strong for our next head coach, so there's no point in auditioning them.  As a fan, I would like to hear news that Meyer is fired just so I know it will happen.  However, if I was Khan, I would probably wait until the end of the season.  Show that you gave Urban every chance.  You don't gain anything from firing him now and if an owner comes across as too trigger happy, it can scare aware coaching candidates from wanting to come here in 2022.

(12-14-2021, 07:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m telling you guys...Khan flat out doesn’t care if the Jaguars win or lose. He literally gets paid millions either way.

I disagree.  Meyer was a very expensive coach.  If it was just about making money, Khan would have sought out one of the coordinators who could have been obtained for far less money.  Khan has also been willing to allow his GM's to spend a ton of money in free agency.  If it was just about money, he wouldn't do that.  Khan just doesn't have a football background and has made some really bad football decisions, but he wants to win.

We are still #1 in free cap space so they didn't spend that much money
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-14-2021, 11:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: We are still #1 in free cap space so they didn't spend that much money

Nope.  Not next year.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 05:53 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The jags have to draft better and pick up a couple of key free agents. Urban or Vince Lombardi cant turn this team around in season 1. I will say though, the Offensive coordinator stinks!

If our owner is clueless, then we're pretty much screwed, right? No hope?